Psychonauts 2 is happening. Because Notch.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Psychonauts 2 is happening.

Yay!

Because Notch.

Lulwhut? I really don't see Mojang making something like Psychonauts 2. It's way too big for them, unless they're teaming up with Double Fine or something. And even then I'm not exactly sure how Mojang is supposed to help them out, unless they're going to be investing money and helping publish.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
As long as he/Mojang aren't developing it, this is only good news. Can't say I've actually played the original, but have heard loads of praise for it.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Lilani said:
Psychonauts 2 is happening.

Yay!

Because Notch.

Lulwhut? I really don't see Mojang making something like Psychonauts 2. It's way too big for them, unless they're teaming up with Double Fine or something. And even then I'm not exactly sure how Mojang is supposed to help them out, unless they're going to be investing money and helping publish.
Mojang will publish the game. I.E. fund Double Fine for its creation.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Ahh, the power of eccentric multi-millionaires.
I'd love this to happen. The first game was great and from this post [http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/pejnq/oh_notch/c3oqefb] on Reddit from Notch, it seems that he wants to just fund it but he won't tell them how to make the game.
I really hope that this is going to happen.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I can only assume that "recent port to PC" actually means "it was recently released on Steam". I say this because I played Psychonauts on PC some 6 years ago. It was fantastic. The combat sorta sucked but everything else about the game I loved. Especially the fish level where you pretty much become Godzilla. I'd love a sequel and would hesitate to buy it.

Jesse Billingsley

Mar 21, 2011
Never played psychonauts, but I heard it was fantastic. May have to download it from the XBLA along with Beyond Good and Evil if I get the chance to

targren

May 13, 2009
Oh gods.

This is pathetic. I read this and I literally got misty-eyed.

I'd forgotten how it felt to want something that much.

Laxman9292

Feb 6, 2009
itsmeyouidiot said:
TheKasp said:
If this assface will use his money to actually do something good like supporting a person who knows how to make a game on his own without stealing ideas... I would actually stop calling him assface :D
Refining and building upon a previously established idea is not the same as stealing it.

It's true that Minecraft took a lot of ideas from Infiniminer, but Infiniminer feels downright primitive compared to even the earlier versions of Minecraft.
Something even more primitive than Minecraft? Are there only 10 pixels on the screen at any given time?

I jest, I jest.

But more on the subject. FUCK YES! PSYCHONAUTS 2! Now if this doesn't happen I will hate Notch always and forever.

RagTagBand

Jul 7, 2011
xvbones said:
Psychonauts 2 MIGHT BE happening.

Because Notch.
Fixed that for you. I have no idea what possessed you to say something "Is" happening when currently there has only been an offer over fucking twitter but if you insist on reporting news, at least TRY to be accurate.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!
I've only played Psyconaughts at my freinds house, and it was REALLY fun.
And creepy, but wow. Awesome. I may buy it on steam, anyone know how much it is? :)

random_bars

Oct 2, 2010
Qitz said:
Now lets just hope it's kept to the typical Psychonauts formula and not try to shoe-horn in too any different mechanics like what they did with Brutal Legends.

If they even decide to go with it.
The problem with Brutal Legend was nothing to do with its gameplay, and everything to do with its advertising.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
zombieshark6666 said:
If they want me to care, they might want to put Psycho 1 on XBLA, y'know.
Jesse Billingsley said:
Never played psychonauts, but I heard it was fantastic. May have to download it from the XBLA along with Beyond Good and Evil if I get the chance to
I believe they had it on there, but when they updated everything on the dashboard Psychonauts (for some retarded reason)was one of the many games that was removed from the game marketplace. I've wanted to get a copy of the game for a while but I didn't think to check the marketplace until it was too late and every time I've checked the local Gamestops I either just miss the last copy in town by a day or find out that the nearest known copy would require me to go way out of my way to get.

targren

May 13, 2009
RagTagBand said:
xvbones said:

Because Notch.
Fixed that for you. I have no idea what possessed you to say something "Is" happening when currently there has only been an offer over fucking twitter but if you insist on reporting news, at least TRY to be accurate.
What's worse is that Tim seems to be taking the piss on the whole thing. Naturally he's been inundated with tweets since this came out.

He tweets:
Tim Schafer @TimOfLegend
Man, so many tweets. I assume this is all people asking for codes to Happy Action Theater and Rise of the Martian Bear?
My guess is he's either letting the anticipation build (that bastard) before he sends the world crashing down on us (that royal bastard), or he's waiting to hear back from the bean-counters before going official on anything.

krellen

Unrepentant Obsidian Fanboy
Jan 23, 2009
random_bars said:
Qitz said:
Now lets just hope it's kept to the typical Psychonauts formula and not try to shoe-horn in too any different mechanics like what they did with Brutal Legends.
The problem with Brutal Legend was nothing to do with its gameplay, and everything to do with its advertising.
I sometimes feel like I'm the only person on Earth that genuinely loved Brutal Legend for what it was.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
targren said:
RagTagBand said:
xvbones said:

Because Notch.
What's worse is that Tim seems to be taking the piss on the whole thing. Naturally he's been inundated with tweets since this came out.

He tweets:
Tim Schafer @TimOfLegend
Man, so many tweets. I assume this is all people asking for codes to Happy Action Theater and Rise of the Martian Bear?
My guess is he's either letting the anticipation build (that bastard) before he sends the world crashing down on us (that royal bastard), or he's waiting to hear back from the bean-counters before going official on anything.
His follow-up tweet "Oh wait. Hm. This is interesting", suggests that the first tweet was just a joke and he is at least interested. Considering that he has asked multiple big publishers for money to make it, it's not that unlikely that he'll accept it. Especially since Notch only wants to fund it and but not to tell him how to make the game. I'd assume that he has more freedom if Notch funds it, instead of some other big publisher.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Just one correction: Psychonauts was released on Windows weeks after its console release in 2005.

But anyway: go Mojang! Put that $5 million monthly profit to good use!

targren

May 13, 2009
Beryl77 said:
His follow-up tweet "Oh wait. Hm. This is interesting", suggests that the first tweet was just a joke and he is at least interested. Considering that he has asked multiple big publishers for money to make it, it's not that unlikely that he'll accept it. Especially since Notch only wants to fund it and but not to tell him how to make the game. I'd assume that he has more freedom if Notch funds it, instead of some other big publisher.
Shut up.

Just. Shut. Up.

If I get my hopes up and they get dashed again, this time, it might just break me!