Psychonauts Creator Ready to Make Sequel

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I thought Tim Schafer didn't make sequels. Oh well, I don't care, the possibility of Psychonauts 2 has made my day :D

Stir72

Jul 14, 2010
Right now I'd be more interested in seeing an HD version of the original for the PS3 like they did with Sly and GOW (and are doing with Shadow of the Colossus and ICO).

Maybe they could box it with Beyond Good and Evil? I'd buy that for a dollar!

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
When I first read this, I kind of had to sit there for a few minutes and think about what I'd just read. The game that I'd been wanting a sequel for since I finished the first one finally getting it...my day has been made.

But then I got a little bummed when I realized I was probably going to have to dole out the money for a PS3 sometime in the near future to experience it :( Ah well, it had to happen eventually. I'm just glad we're GETTING a sequel. They'd just better not go all Kingdom Hearts 2 on it and tear out the exploration and core battle system to replace it with linearity, fanservice, and visuals.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Good to know he hasn't abandoned the idea. I will continue to hold on to hope. The ending of the first game left it wide open for a sequel.

Logie--bear

TARDIS Stalker
Feb 2, 2008
SPOILER ALERT
<youtube=ZnJeqlxWRt8>

It's BEGGING for a sequel and I'm sure Schafer had one in mind all along

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
Come on, EA, please have the balls to publish this. Better yet, why not have Majesco publish it? They published the first one.

All I know is Schafer needs to make friends with someone at a publishing company because this (severe)lack of a publisher problem has happened several times now.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
How did I miss this bit of news!? That's very exciting. Now to go forth and continue forcing people to play Psychonauts UNTIL THEY LOVE IT. At least until they get to the Meat Circus... :(