Punch-Out!! Boxer Accused of Uttering Islamic Phrase

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Cosplay Horatio said:
timmytom1 said:
Raziel_Likes_Souls said:
Sigenrecht said:
See what he did? He made a prophet of Allah facepalm.
EDIT: I learned that tidbit from a church
I think they call jesus ISA (ISA HAH!) don`t they ?
Yes, we Muslims so refer to Jesus as Isa. It's the Arabic pronunciation of his name much like how Allah is the Arabic simplified term for God.

UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:
It's hard being a gamer while also being a muslim......

and in other news

"OMG a muslim kid just used the Overload Berserk (Self Destruct) in Resistance 2 ! he's a terrorist !"

"Ahhh ! there a FPS games in iraq !"

"NOOOO ! the world is coming to a end because kids are learning what islam is !"

seriously if i had another head i would use both my hands to facepalm simultaneously .
Agreed....I have a brother in law in Pakistan who plays Call of Duty 4 on his PC and he's a genius to boot!

Cid SilverWing said:
This is why Islam must be banned!

They cry and whine INFINITELY when someone so much as even says their prophet's name, doodle his character or misuses this phrase.

And let's not forget that they keep demanding rights for themselves while oppressing other people's rights.
What would you do or say if Jesus and/or Moses was depicted in an insulting manner?

Madshaw said:
Would he say the same thing to a turkish immam who was preaching an islamic sermon (i don't know if islam has sermons, im simply assuming) in an american mosque?
Sermons are in fact given in every Mosque world wide. Mostly on Friday's in the afternoon. The prayer called "Juma" is a shortened prayer that happens after the sermon is given. You have assumed correctly Madshaw...I thank you for that.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
Let's say he's right.

So, obviously then, saying "God is great" in American/English wouldn't be allowed in any Islamic countries then.

And why stop there? "Oh God", "Gor blimey", "Christmas", all these terrible phrases should be banned.

One thing though. Has anyone ever heard a terrorist say "Allah Akbar" anywhere before?

I can't say I have, mainly because "Allahu Akbar" is the prayer. And I really doubt if anyone heard that on 9/11.
There's more to the 5 daily prayers than this beloved phrase and I agree with what you are saying overall.

I believe the goal of Nintendo Wii's version of Punch-Out! wanted to have the characters more realistic and having a Turkish Boxer say Allah u Akbar shouldn't offend people. The reason why the details of games are never mentioned when they are to be released to the public is because the creators, developers, and overall staff that put their time and dedication into making this game want to get paid for it and letting people know about phrases like this uttered by the characters would've hurt their sales because of ignorance and hate. These people want to pay their bills, feed their families, and make more games for us while not having to deal with all this hate for phrases added for realism of certain characters in games. I believe if this hate continues games may be phased from existence all together because of such hate and ignorance of what I simply see as adding realism to characters for the sake of overall gaming experience and hopes of not being verbally bashed due to religious phrases whatsoever.
Very nicely done my muslim friend

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I would perfectly understand, if the guy had an attack or move, where he shouted the phrase and then exploded. But the fact is he doesn't so the only reference to terrorism and suicide bombers is the fact that he's speaking the same language.

Are all people able to speak German considered Nazi's? No. Of course not. Why should it be any different for middle eastern languages.

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Cosplay Horatio said:
timmytom1 said:
Raziel_Likes_Souls said:
Sigenrecht said:
See what he did? He made a prophet of Allah facepalm.
EDIT: I learned that tidbit from a church
I think they call jesus ISA (ISA HAH!) don`t they ?
Yes, we Muslims so refer to Jesus as Isa. It's the Arabic pronunciation of his name much like how Allah is the Arabic simplified term for God.

UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:
It's hard being a gamer while also being a muslim......

and in other news

"OMG a muslim kid just used the Overload Berserk (Self Destruct) in Resistance 2 ! he's a terrorist !"

"Ahhh ! there a FPS games in iraq !"

"NOOOO ! the world is coming to a end because kids are learning what islam is !"

seriously if i had another head i would use both my hands to facepalm simultaneously .
Agreed....I have a brother in law in Pakistan who plays Call of Duty 4 on his PC and he's a genius to boot!

Cid SilverWing said:
This is why Islam must be banned!

They cry and whine INFINITELY when someone so much as even says their prophet's name, doodle his character or misuses this phrase.

And let's not forget that they keep demanding rights for themselves while oppressing other people's rights.
What would you do or say if Jesus and/or Moses was depicted in an insulting manner?

Madshaw said:
Would he say the same thing to a turkish immam who was preaching an islamic sermon (i don't know if islam has sermons, im simply assuming) in an american mosque?
Sermons are in fact given in every Mosque world wide. Mostly on Friday's in the afternoon. The prayer called "Juma" is a shortened prayer that happens after the sermon is given. You have assumed correctly Madshaw...I thank you for that.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
Let's say he's right.

So, obviously then, saying "God is great" in American/English wouldn't be allowed in any Islamic countries then.

And why stop there? "Oh God", "Gor blimey", "Christmas", all these terrible phrases should be banned.

One thing though. Has anyone ever heard a terrorist say "Allah Akbar" anywhere before?

I can't say I have, mainly because "Allahu Akbar" is the prayer. And I really doubt if anyone heard that on 9/11.
There's more to the 5 daily prayers than this beloved phrase and I agree with what you are saying overall.

I believe the goal of Nintendo Wii's version of Punch-Out! wanted to have the characters more realistic and having a Turkish Boxer say Allah u Akbar shouldn't offend people. The reason why the details of games are never mentioned when they are to be released to the public is because the creators, developers, and overall staff that put their time and dedication into making this game want to get paid for it and letting people know about phrases like this uttered by the characters would've hurt their sales because of ignorance and hate. These people want to pay their bills, feed their families, and make more games for us while not having to deal with all this hate for phrases added for realism of certain characters in games. I believe if this hate continues games may be phased from existence all together because of such hate and ignorance of what I simply see as adding realism to characters for the sake of overall gaming experience and hopes of not being verbally bashed due to religious phrases whatsoever.
*Tips hat* nicely said ,sir very nicely said.and related to my previous question wasn`t Isa one of the prophets? (my memory is a little blurry on the subject so i`m not 100%)

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
AceDiamond said:
FinalGamer said:
AceDiamond said:
FinalGamer said:
Ahhh he says "Ah be" which actually means "dammit" and then something after it which I dunno but is not Allah or Akbar.

You ever notice the SAME group of people keep thinking there's these same words in everything?
Why don't we investigate them since they apparently know Islamic so well to recognise it in any babble from a baby or a bald psychotic Turk?
Well the Dept. of Homeland Security already has a list of Conservative groups they suspect to be domestic terrorists soooo... :p
True that, but I don't think Next Level Games is one of them, who made the game and are Canadian.
CANADIAN!?!?
HOLY SHIT CALL HOMELAND SECURITY, THEY FINALLY LAUNCHED AN OFFENSIVE WITH A VIDEOGAME AND SUBVERSIVE QUOTES FROM THE PEOPLE IN IT....who are each speaking their original languages....and none of whom is Muslim.
Hell the closest one to being Muslim-looking is Great Tiger and he's Indian. Really, if this guy wanted to blame someone, he could have picked the guy with the turban, CUZ DATS WUT ALL DEM RAGHEADS WEAR AMIRITE BOYS :D
I hate Bald Bull as much as the next guy, hell ALL of us do, but he's not a terrorist. He's a boxer. He hurts people with his fists and people pay him to do it.
No I was referring to the people who keep claiming there are islamic phrases in everything, not the game makers.

Also, thanks to the person who did some actual damn research and found out what Bald Bull actually was saying
A small snippet on Youtube, but I know even with my bad hearing he never says Allah Akbar or anything close to it.
To me it sounded like he was saying "AHM IN SPARTA!" Which doesn't make sense because that's in Greece, not Turkey.
If one person says they hear this, more people do on suggestion, like when people though Donald Duck called Daffy a "******" in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
He didn't but the mere suggestion of it made people start thinking it, biasing their judgement.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
timmytom1 said:
*Tips hat* nicely said ,sir very nicely said.and related to my previous question wasn`t Isa one of the prophets? (my memory is a little blurry on the subject so i`m not 100%)
Thank you timmytom.

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
Why is it such a crime to mention Islam in games anyway?

Are we so scared that a mysterious neighbor will kill us or something? Do parents honestly think Islam is evil?

The debate shouldn't be if the character said this or not, it should be why people are so scared of Islam in the first place.

Look at OoT. There were plenty islamic references in that game. Which were all removed in the NGC release of it and I'm sure were also absent from the Wii VC versions of OoT.

Nintendo wouldn't go back on their decision to leave religion out of their games.