Question for the Transgenders here.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
Secondhand Revenant said:
Great, who cares if you're paraphrasing some random person? It's not as if someone else making a claim without proving it somehow changes anything. If you want to claim the majority of times the word is used or that a word is mostly known a certain way then you need more than some people agreeing with you (the post never actually says it's almost exclusively a slur either, it says *neutral* or negative usage and says the poster can see why people *feel* that way) You make big claims, turns out they need a lot more evidence to prove them than some dumb post that doesn't provide evidence either.
So are the people who are claiming "Transgendered" is offensive. Why are you not saying this to them too?

As if meme status is supposed to prove something?
Yes, it shows that people are aware of something. In this instance, people are aware of "Cis" due to its usage as an insult.
We don't need to be technical for your claims to lack real support though.
So far evidence that people think "Cis" is a slur:

The fact "Die Cis Scum" is a meme.
Various posts from reddit.

Evidence to the contrary submitted by you:

None.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
TheLaughingMagician said:
You spend a lot of time implying/flat out stating that you believe a man has to be gay to be attracted sexually to/have a sexual relationship with a trans person. Aren't you also calling people's sexuality into question by doing so.
No, that is not remotely what I have said, at any point. Please direct this nonsensical vitriol elsewhere. Thanks.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
So you concede to the first part? Because I am not seeing you refute any of it. So I guess we are agreed that your evidence is insufficient and you are wrong that it even agreed with you the way you said it did at first. Glad to have that cleared up.

That doesn't prove they are aware of it due to its usage as an insult. It shows certain people online are aware of a ridiculous phrase. It doesn't show the prevalence of the phrase, nor why people know of it (such as being passed around as a meme), nor does it show that that is theit original exposure to the word.

As for the last bit, that potentially being a meme doesn't demonstrate that people view it as a slur. It means they found the phrase something that makes them laugh. So incorrect on that.

Already pointed out the posts from reddit don't support your point.

So you have no real evidence.

And I don't need evidence proving you wrong if you don't have enough to prove you right when all I did was ask for your evidence. You're failing to meet the basic bar to prove your claim at all is the thing.