Question of the Day, April 14, 2010

51gunner

Jun 12, 2008
I don't care, provided that they make her character suit the setting of Gears. She's gonna have to be a beefy lady to convince me that she can use a Lancer like the next guy. Basically, I want her to be like the handful of army girls I know & work with: the rare breed of doing the work the guys are, and managing to fit in with the guys.

Sketchy

Aug 16, 2008
That's pretty funny. I'm imagining a REALLY feminine woman tossed in with the rest of the ridiculously testosterone abundant cast, and it's hilarious.

EDIT: No, I don't care, I just think it'll be interesting to see where they go with it, and how the handle it.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
No, I don't care. I'm not a fan of the Gears series and a girl doesn't really change my opinion. Sure, it might be good to add a bit more gender diversity to characters but that doesn't convince me to buy the game.

Veleste

Mar 27, 2010
If anything it'll be easier to get my female friends to play with me as I've found that women generally have a natural distaste for pretending to be a steroid pumped man in a post apocalyptic world.

TheBritish

The really, quite jolly rascal
Nov 12, 2009
Unpopular Opinion: I actually think it's going to take away from the game.

I don't actually like Gears, probably mostly because it seems a bit like a testorerone fuelled, butch thing with just blood, gore and soldiers shouting booyah as they chainsaw up people.

So why do I care? Because adding a woman to game designed largely with this in mind means that she'll either be exploited in some way, or she's just going to be a distraction as the developers try to prove to a disinterested audience that "girls can be tough too".
EDIT: When I say "disinterested audience" I don't mean me. I mean the people who like playing as American Football player soldiers with chainsaws.

... please don't hate me. My girlfriend would definately make a better soldier than me. I don't think women are flawed... I just think that this game... won't do it right...
... please don't hate me :(

Juicebox Ltd.

Apr 14, 2010
To an extent yes, not that it puts me off, just that the GoW games have been so driven by testosterone in the past that adding a girl into the fray will be...interesting to say the least. I do however, appreciate this instalment?s attempt to stand out from it's predecessors by adding a character that differs from and maybe even juxtaposes the usual array of dim witted, macho chainsaw wielding thugs...In the same way I'm sure there will be plenty different Gears of War 3, as I believe it will be the last in the Gears franchise and needs an appropriate finale.

MissPixxie

Mar 15, 2010
Veleste said:
If anything it'll be easier to get my female friends to play with me as I've found that women generally have a natural distaste for pretending to be a steroid pumped man in a post apocalyptic world.
I must be in the wrong crowd then, I don't care who/what I play, as long as I can kick the hell out of whoever I'm playing with while enjoying a well crafted game. If that means playing a steroid pumped meathead, so be it.

So I don't particularly mind. As long as the game is good (which, sadly I doubt) I don't mind.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I could care less. Unless it comes to PC I'm not playing it. Not that I'm a PC elitest or anything, I just don't have a 360 and have to will or reason to waste the money on one.

Doc Cannon

I hate custom titles.
Feb 3, 2010
I like new characters, and if they took a couple of ideas from Aliens, she could be pretty badass.
Too bad GoW is a 360 exclusive since GoW2, I'd like to have all of them. (Maybe things would have been different if the port to PC didn't suck as much as it did).

phoenix_tetsu

Sep 7, 2009
I don't even have a 360, so it doesn't affect me. If I had, it wouldn't, either. I mean, who cares as long as the game is good?

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
No change at all.

I'm still excited about Gears 3, and the presence of a female (or lack thereof) of a female soldier really doesn't change that. While I am curious about how they will fit her in and what sort of character she'll be, I wouldn't miss her if she wasn't there.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Since its not Fallout New Vegas, I'm not really interested
Ugh the wait is killing me

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
I'm just curious to know whether they are keeping the 4 person squad thing going and are booting out someone else or whether they are going to have a 5-6 person squad instead. Otherwise it doesn't really make much difference having a woman fighting in the game.

atalanta

Dec 27, 2009
It shouldn't make me interested, but it does, so long as she's not swanning around in the armor equivalent of a bikini. There are still few enough female player characters that I get kind of excited when one pops up.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
It doesn't really change my feelings towards it. I'm still going to get it, as I enjoyed the first two immensely.
As long as there is still a chainsaw gun, I'll be happy.
...yeah, my demands are rather simple.