Question of the Day, April 27, 2010

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
I said No, but not because it's sounds dangerous but because it would be booooooooring!

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Really? Steering wherever we look? We're supposed to be watching our surroundings while driving. I mean, imagine a world where noticing a kid near the road made you run over him instead of letting you know to avoid him. I'll pass.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Concidering that I have the focusing abilities of disco ball in motion, I'd probably be dead by the time I pulled out of the driveway.

gerbil234

Jul 9, 2009
German engineers are way too good at what they do to make a car that would always steer towards where your eyes are currently pointing. I think it's more likely that you'd have to blink twice first before looking, or maybe squint the eye you want to turn in the direction of. I'm sure they're aware that straight up hooking it to your eyes would be retarded.

Valgee

Mar 1, 2010
Certainly, a very bad eyedea (Huurr)

I have nothing else to say that hasn't been said.

CD repo man

Sep 10, 2009
My ADD makes me look all over the place when i'm driving, so i'd probably get in an accident or two because i wasn't paying attention to the road.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Cracked.com said:
Even better, a "feature" of the software is an ability to steer the car based on your eye direction, ensuring you'll spend the rest of your life in jail for vehicular manslaughter after that morning you were driving along and suddenly noticed the women's volleyball team was out for a jog.
Source: http://www.cracked.com/article/18354_6-obnoxious-innovations-that-will-be-in-your-car-soon/

Scrythe note: 'Nuff said.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
People have a hard enough time watching the road and not steering in the direction they are looking when they drop something on the floor, or try to check out a mirror.

I would dread to go on the freeway if people had to steer with their eyes.

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
This sounds really shitty.

I mean, think of all the hot chicks falling victims over car crashes.

Besides, it'd take a whole new learning system to use it, and to use it properly.

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
No, because I would probably end up looking at some hot girl on the street and consequently run her over.

Ruagh

Nov 14, 2009
Yeah...this sounds like a recipe for disaster.

The slightest distraction and it's goodbye 5-year-old pedestrian.

Spore

Jul 15, 2009
I kind of miss the option of: "No, I like the feel of driving a car"

I maintain that driving a car can never be better without a steeringwheel. I suppose you just lack the feel of the road through wheel when you steer with your eyes...

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Sounds really dangerous. I mean, our eyes are distracted all the time; hell, the purpose of ads and road signs is to make us look at them.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
I don't trust my eyes that much... I'm driving on my way to work or some thing and then a really pretty girl walks by and I just HAVE to get a second look. Car turns, pretty girl is dead, no thanks.

VGCATZ

Nov 23, 2007
This technology has skynet written all over it. You see, when you're driving and suddenly see someone hot on the pavement, you'll not only be checking them out but also ploughing straight for them. The resulting rise in road traffic accidents with hot victims will lead to a decrease in the level of general hotness available for evolutionary proliferation. The resulting shortage will then cause the adult entertainment industry to turn to japanese robotics maufacturer and already established skynet ally, Toyota, to start manufacturing replacement A.I for it's actors. The result will be 6 from BSG. When the new 6 bots realise the economic power they weild (since it's well documented that the base of all economic policy is sex), they will engineer a coup and replace the ruling goverment with sympathetic minds. This will lead to the granting of full rights to robots leading to the creation of self-replicating and self-manufacturing automatons since the 6bots will have by then become angered at pictures from their annual tune-up ending up on the internet. Once this happens, it's only a matter of time before someone makes an inappropiate comment that results in total nuclear warfare.

See- Makes perfect sense