Question of the Day, April 27, 2010

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
No, because firstly I can use my hands just fine, and secondly because if you get distracted then... Could end badly.

Doc Cannon

I hate custom titles.
Feb 3, 2010
Hell no. I would crash a lot. Just give me mind driving. (Or a Mastermind tank, so I can drive other cars).

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I wouldn't want to. It would take half the fun out of driving. There's nothing like going round a slight bend at (relatively) high speed.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Not only would I not drive one of these cars, I would never go on the road again.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Is there a link to this tech, so we can see how the engineers plan on getting around all of the issues raised here? I mean, if you're smart enough to invent this sort of system, chances are you're not going to have it so you need to be rigidly staring down the street to avoid slaughtering the masses.

Thinking about it, mind control could also be a bit tricky - one minute "driving driving, stop, go, left" then the next "hmm, what's for lunch? Did I just miss my turning? Oooh, check her out... Squirrel!" *car busy doing donuts in a shopfront*

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
I'm sure someone has already said it....but if cars were driven by eyes there would be no attractive girls left.

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
i can just see the headlines. "Many car accidents are now attributed to women wearing sexy outfits"

Would i drive this car? short answer: NO!

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
If I was driving with my eyes, and I looked over my shoulder to see if there was a car in the other lane when I wish to turn... Would the car do a spin out? Would the same happen if I turn towards the backseat to yell at random children, or pet, or some friend I have tied up back there?

If I am distracted by a drunk driver, an idiot, some large road-crazy animal, or someone's pretty license plate in the next lane, would I drive into them or the person next to me?

If my eyes jot everywhere at random (taking in the scenery or other drivers on the road) would the car swerve around to the point that police pull me over in some DUI misunderstanding?

I could see this 'driving with eyes' thing having many bad possibilities.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
*The new eye-control car was just released today... in un-related news, every woman on popular city streets with a D-cup bust size has come victim to vehicular manslaughter*

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
ITs like the worst idea since the flying car.
People look at stupid things. THe go where they look.. OH hey! Look at that cute giiIIIIRR- crash- ...

AkJay said:
*The new eye-control car was just released today... in un-related news, every woman on popular city streets with a D-cup bust size has come victim to vehicular manslaughter*
Ahh.. you beat me to it.

ZehGeek

[-Militaires Sans Frontieres-]
Aug 12, 2009
I'd really hate to see a "mind control" one. Heck, even the eyes one is still scary. With the way most people drive today, and however much is on there minds...it'd just be easier to get a auto pilot in your car. Now granted, not all people are as bad as I think, heck some would probably like that so there hands can relax a bit. There lies a issue though, since alot of people are gonna try and text while steering with there eyes, or something. Long story short it wouldn't be effective, mind or eyes, unless the person was focusing ALOT more, and people's attention span and focus span are quite small nowadays.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Sounds like it would take more training than the usual wheel turning method. And what if you needed to look away, or were distracted? This sounds like a nightmare for insurance agencies to pitch.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Hell, Archie Andrews knew this was a bad idea 40 years ago!

I can't find the comic page it was in, but I remember Dilton proposing it and he said, and I quote, "What if I see a pretty girl on the sidewalk? I'll drive right over her!"

Yeah, I'll wait until the car does the steering for me. That is a worthwhile car for me.

Sarahcidal

Jun 1, 2009
i get distracted by things very easily.. i'd see something shiny from the corner of my eye, look at it and BAM lol.. i'll wait for mind control

Ithera

Apr 4, 2010
The distractions would kill a lot of people. Hey, look at dat fine booty on dat... "Krash"

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
no its way too dangerous my eyes tend to wander from hot guy to hot guy or random interesting objects on the side of the road and the scenery

i like to drive on backroads how am i going to look at the scenery while ive wrapped my care round a light pole on my way there because it was interesting

i will wait for mind control that would be way cooler

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Lazy eye + driving using my eyes = do not want, too dangerous, for me and everyone around me.