Question of the Day, April 5, 2010

HolidayBrick

Nov 18, 2009
Haha, I was really surprised by the results. I really thought most people would be behind such a well received game series. I only ever played the first one and found it incredibly boring aside from the torque bow (which should be in every game).

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I am indeed. Granted Gears of War 2 wasn't as great as they made it sound prior to release, but was still very good, with some solid improvements, they just need a better script writer.

I do hope Gears of War 3 is a little more similar to the first in game-play style though, the second one added some good things, but sacrificed a few of the elements that made the first great.

That said, I won't let the hype excite me as much as before, I have learnt from my mistakes with that.

I am looking forward to Portal 2 and Mass Effect 3 much more though, not forgetting Splinter Cell which is out next week.

TheDirector said:
Gears of War 3! Now with preposterous amount of testosterone, Preposterone!

Meh, I could care less I mean the games are certaintly fun but, I could really care less about anything else.
The phrase is "I couldn't care less" unless you meant to say that you do care about the series.

I could care less = I care about this/It is possible for me to care less than I do.
I couldn't care less = I do not care about this/It is not possible for me to care about this less than I do.

Firia said:
I'm a story girl. I'll play anything that has a great story, with great characters. The advertising campaign for Gears 1 was nothing short of gripping. It had me wondering what the meaning of integrating Mad World into this glowing buff guy running through a war zone was about. But when I played Gears 1 at my friends place, I was let down. It was all action, with story as the excuse for action.
Unfortunately yes. The heart of the story is not shown in the game-play itself at all. All of it is in the cut scenes and the books based upon the series.

It's rather stupid really, but seeing as I know the back-story I still enjoy the games.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I actually am, except I highly doubt he's going to announce it.

And why does the Escapist hate Gears of War so much?

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Jandau said:
I would be, but the douchebags at Epic haven't even put out the second one on the PC, so I find it highly unlikely that the third one will come out on my platform.
Unless they retracted a statement from a while back stating they wouldn't port GoW2 to the PC because "OMG! PIRATES! SALES EXPECTATIONS NOT MET! PIRATES! AND DID WE MENTION PIRATES?" you shouldn't hold your breath.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
It not that I dont care that a third game is been made its just series does nothing for me // This first one was nice but when the second came alone I just felt 'why' and I shrug at the sound of a third game, shrug I say!!!

This better not turn into a movie

-M

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
midnightalone said:
It not that I dont care that a third game is been made its just series does nothing for me // This first one was nice but when the second came alone I just felt 'why' and I shrug at the sound of a third game, shrug I say!!!

This better not turn into a movie

-M
I'm pretty sure it's in the works already. Although everyone involved is trying desperately to kill it.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2010/04/gears-of-war-len-wiseman-delayed.html

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
As long as there's another version of Horde mode in it, I'm gonna buy it.
I spent an ungodly amount of time playing Horde mode with my friends. Good times.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
woah interesting results. Im in the majority. I really dont give a shit. Waiting for Resistance 3. Far better story. Not a muscly fucking 3 ton protagonist. A regular solider put in an extraordinary situation due to things out of his control.