Question of the Day, August 7, 2010

EmeraldGreen

Professional Lurker
Mar 19, 2009
the antithesis said:
Dig Dug

DIG DUG!
I voted "other", thinking of Berzerk (Evil Otto! robot chorus!), but you're right. A musical based on Dig Dug would be the best thing ever.

Or how about reviving Atari's great old tradition of trying to dramatise Breakout? You know there can never be too many epic tales about a paddle, a ball, and a great big rainbowy wall.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
People complain about games becoming crappy movies. While some might be okay, I can't possibly imagine how much shit we'd get with musicals. So my answer is none

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Metroid: The Musical would be pretty sweet - I'd love to see a song sung from the point of view of the baby Metroid, or almost any of the bosses. Maybe have a Mother Brain musical done in the style of the Wicked musical where Samus is the villainous bounty hunter and she's just out to protect her brood and herself from being... uh... whatever it is brains fear most. Lobotomized? put in a jar and studied? Well, you know, a DIFFERENT jar.

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
Contra would make for an interesting musical. Pac-Man might work if it was made to be comedic.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Demented Teddy said:
Space Invadors.

A musical about defending Earth from alien invaders would be awesome.

OT: Digger, with 23 different variations on Popcorn.

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
Frogger definitely. Especially since Paul and Storm already made about a 5 minute musical of it :D

I'd embed it but I don't know how :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJG74ikCPQc

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Tetris. It could be about the horror of knowing that, no matter how hard you fight to stay alive, you are doomed to an inevitable, crushing demise. Also, it would have an awesome soundtrack.