Question of the Day, August 7, 2010

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
Astyanax. Oh hell yeah. An epic medieval opera, with axes!! Either that or some sort of incarnation of Gauntlet. Barring either of those, OG Metal Gear would make an amazing musical. Like Hamlet, only with automatic weapons. And singing. And a giant stompy mech.

Thorvan

May 15, 2009
I picked Space Invaders, but then I realized; BALLOON FIGHT. It's got all the necessary features of a good musical; a love story, epic battles, a cast of colorful enemies and allies, epic journeys and hardships...

Interference

Feb 14, 2010
I vote "other", as in NONE. Sweet christ almighty, aren't musicals bad enough without shitting on classic gaming? I can count the number of musicals I enjoyed on one had and still have enough fingers left to bowl with.

ragestreet

Oct 17, 2008
Other.
The disgaea series is already incredibly silly and the soundtrack, at least to number 3 anyway, already sounds very musical-ish. As long as they make it an anime-style musical I don't see a problem.

jaketheripper

Jan 27, 2010
tetris! it could be made into an action musical! the lead guys catch phrase could be "lets play some tetris ************!"

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Space Invaders featuring songs like "Slow Down, Mothership", "My Last Barrier", and of course "Left to Right, Right to Left"

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Space invaders because the laser show accompanied with it would be awesome.

edit: I'm assuming by musical you meant stage musical, not a movie.

Kinichie

Penguin Overlord
Jun 18, 2008
Punch Out!!
Featuring such hits as:

Glass Joe;0 Wins, 99 Losses
Mighty King Hippo
The Dream Fight

rayen020

May 20, 2009
everybody who voted space invaders was thinking of that robot chicken sketch. i know it.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Kapol said:
Sonic the hedgehog! They've already ruined my childhood by ruining the game series and making a horrible TV show, so why not go all the way?
You do realize that the musical could be good right? I mean if you ask any old person to make a musical out of a video game it's going to be a distastor but if you get someone talented like say brentalfloss and it's entirely possible that it will be awesome.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
As much as I hate musicals with a fiery passion, I think The Legend of Zelda would make a good musical. Or at least a rock epic. Actually, I think I'd prefer the rock epic. It would much more... epic.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Swifteye said:
Kapol said:
Sonic the hedgehog! They've already ruined my childhood by ruining the game series and making a horrible TV show, so why not go all the way?
You do realize that the musical could be good right? I mean if you ask any old person to make a musical out of a video game it's going to be a distastor but if you get someone talented like say brentalfloss and it's entirely possible that it will be awesome.
I know, it was more a joke then anything. But it's still my top choice. Plus, chances are it would be bad because of the source material, mainly because the costumes would likely suck. I now they could look good, but it would be unlikely.

DragonChi

Nov 1, 2008
Zelda. for a musical..it has to have a deep and compelling storyline.With that in mind, Zelda is as classic and story driven as you can get. in my opinion. Not to mention the musical scores are plentiful, masterful and memorable. Zelda is primed to be a musical.