Question of the Day, December 21, 2010

Birthe

Apr 26, 2010
I say none, I mean many say they want a remake especially of part 7, but I don't think it will really turn out the way they think it should and would rather be a big disapointment.

About To Crash

Apr 24, 2009
I notice a distinct lack of IV. What if I want them to make IV forever. C'mon, this only marks the what, third time they've released that game? Fourth? But seriously, none. No remakes, and preferably quite a few steps away from XIII.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Flaming Geek said:
Remake VI so I can get a chance to FREAKING PLAY IT. It's supposed to be one of the best and I don't happen to have a SNES, but I still want to play it. DO IT NOW.
There was a psONE port of FF6 (it was coupled with FF5 on the same disk, if I recall). This may not help you, but knowing there was a port called [em]Final Fantasy Anthologies[/em] may.

Jun 11, 2008
KoDOmega said:
Glademaster said:
No it is not shut out. More people just ask for VII to Square. In every single thread even tangetly related to JRPGs FF gets mentioned and so does FFVII. Then there are also the people who feel they need to mention everytime that VII wasn't their favourite and was crap. Yes we get it you either prefer FFVI or IX(those are the main two). Bringing it up time and time again makes it just as bad as people bringing up a FFVII remake time and time again.

Off point of quote: I understand this is a thread about FF remakes but it really ruins people's arguments when they feel the need to point out that their FF is superior. It is not. All FF games have their merit and are different. The only thing that even connects Final Fantasy games are recurring characters(eg Gilgamesh) or themes(Evil Empire Fantsy/Steampunk) and a variant of a semi turn based battle style. I know people are allowed to have their opinion and I have no problem with people wanting a remake other than FFVII but it pisses me off to no end when people feel the need to be edgy/cool/different and say their FF over VII and mention that VII was not the best or in way inferior. Your thoughts on that matter are already implied as you have chosen a different FF for a remake.
Oh... wow. Okay.

I really feel like you're projecting your feelings over other people's opinions onto me. Yes, there are rabid fanboys who'll defend "their" FFs over all others. I'm not. I'm a reasonable guy, once you get to know me. And you bring up good points about the FFs. It's tricky comparing the apples to oranges. I just think that THAT is a better thing to focus on rather than accusing me of trying to be cool by defending what I feel to be the better game. Come at me with well thought out arguments. You might even change my mind.

Oh, and full disclosure: the KoD stands for KingOfDoma (I originally registered under that name, and lost the ability to get into the account). Just so ya know.
Well I can't quote everyone but yes I am projecting my feels a bit onto you. I would love to make a thread about this very topic but it would not help anything and probably only inflame the issue so sorry if you feel like I was picking on you. Some of the general habits/views on this forum can irritate me a bit. This does happen in the instance I said though and it just one of those things not just about this forum as others do this as well. I really feel there is no need for anyone to mention FFVII if you have already stated that you prefered another FF for the reasons I have already said. No I don't have anything against you either.

Jan 23, 2009
Considering how terrible the most recent games were by square-enix - I say they should go back to the best of the best and remake FF7&8

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
I think they need to shy away from re-makes. Or if they're really dead-set on churning 'em out, then at least focus on bringing out more obscure titles than the main FF series.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
VII is gonna win on nostalgia value alone.....but for the love of god if they remake one, LET IT BE VIII