Question of the Day: December 8, 2010

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
The amount of love I currently have for Cataclysm collectors edition is so great right now, though what can I say Blizzard really do care about their fans especially when it comes to collectors edition games.

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
I buy most of my games through Steam these days, so I don't really care about collectors editions.

I don't have a problem with them though.

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
As far as buying collector's editions go, I prefer NOT doing that. Everything they come with is so very shiny, but ultimately useless UNLESS you're a collector. The Halo Reach Legendary Edition for example came with a flaming helmet, but so far, all it does to make you look cool for the five seconds it takes for someone to use you for target practice. AGAIN. I did break time-honored tradition by getting the Cataclysm Collector's Edition, however. I need a new mouse pad.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
I rarely buy games at their current 'new' shelf price. I'm not going to spend extra money on a bauble.

headphonegirl

The Troll under the bridge
Oct 19, 2009
If I know I'm going to like the game & if I have the money, I would buy a collectors edition game. I just wish they didn't put a £ 20(at most)gap between the regular edition and the collectors.

my wallet can't handle it :(

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
When I buy a game it's usually a collector's edition.

Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition: best $90 I've ever spent, if only for the vinyl copy of Bioshock 1's soundtrack. I fucking love that thing.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
GamesB2 said:
I absolutely love them. Especially when they come with insanely cool things + extra content.

I also like the art books too... they're fun to leaf through every now and then.
Very much agreed.

The last collectors edition I bought was BlazBlue:Continuum Shift. A very awesome art-book indeed.

Also got one of these with it

Stu1701

Jun 29, 2009
I like collector's editions that include things like a little action figure type thing, or bonus game content. I hate it when they throw in sound tracks and concept art books just to jack up the price another $20-$30.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
If they're worth the money or have decent extras like say..Mass Effect 2, then sure. I payed 60 bucks for the PC version which is the same price as the standard console version. BAM

ManiacEskimo

Mar 31, 2009
I went with my friend (aka I drove him, twice because Purolator was a few hours late in delivering) to get the Cataclysm CE for him. I must say, it is quite well done. Very nice box, excellent art, decent mouse pad, and none of it except the code on one card and one other card will ever be used. Not even the installation disc.

I left soon after he went through most of the Worgan area because I have little interest in WoW.

I don't usually buy CEs myself due to them not being worth the price, but I am seriously considering the The Witcher 2's CE despite the really high cost.

Lance Arrow

Apr 7, 2010
Considering I rarely have enough money for the regular edition of any (new) game, I don't buy 'em.