Question of the Day: December 8, 2010

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
My ACII was the best collector's edition ever. Roughly 25cm Ezio figure and hooded ACII shirt. I love it to bits, though most collectors editions put me off.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Its hard to answer this question. When it comes down to it, it depends on the game.

I love spore. I got the collectors edition. I love Black Ops, but i didnt get the collectors edition.

Why? It felt kinda selloutish. An RC car with a cheap plastic C4 on it, crappy visual and poor audio ((if any)). Not worth the extra 90$ if you ask me.

Tucker154

Jul 20, 2009
As long as they give you a good amout of things with good quality based on how much you paid.Example: Halo Reach Legendary was great!. Aside from the in game things like the flaoming helmet, you got a statue and a journal, giving more information on the Spartan project.I never regret buying it for a second,plus my case for the game is black.Take that green!

theaceplaya

Jul 20, 2009
Note to publishers and developers, putting a art book with the game does not elevate it to Collector Edition. Also, in game content and 'free' DLC don't cut it either. Fallout 3 got it right, lunchbox AND bobblehead. That's the way to go, add something that will actually be useful (lunchbox) and/or something that's in the game that can easily be recreated (bobblehead).