Question of the Day, Feb. 24, 2010

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
I tend to complete a game on normal/hard, then change to easy to collect any random achievements if I can be bothered. Although I am playing ME2 on insanity at the moment, just for the achievement...

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Whenever I feel like just messing around ill switch it to easy and make up little challenges for myself, like just speed rushing to the end of the level, or only using a weak weapon. Just to have a little fun but when I'm playing the story and stuff, then it's a higher difficulty

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
If the game is something new that i haven't tried i'll play on an easy setting to familiarize myself with the games combat system, smartness of the AI and boss fighting patterns. After i complete the game once i go back on the harder difficulties to give myself a romping challenge

Saul B

Feb 9, 2009
I usually play through on normal but then achievement-whore my way through the hardest setting. Mile high club was the fist CoD4 mission I did on veteran.

ShatteredBlack

Feb 9, 2010
The only time you'll find me on anything less the the hardest difficulty is when I'm mopping up random achievements.

e.g, I finished my first Bioshock 2 run on 'Hard' and Vitachambers turned off. I'm replaying it now to get the research achievement (I was about one splicer's worth of research points off it - apparently playing on 'Hard' means the basic splicers dissappear after two levels [I assumed I could just research them later, but no!])

DiD_NDSthemes

Feb 17, 2010
For me the easy setting can be left out of games. Most of the times a game lacks proper AI settings, or there are so few enemies you can see and feel them coming from a mile away.

Normal setting is the way a game is meant to play. So I always use that. Mmm, not always. I remember playing Duke Nukem 3D on hard. But I knew that one inside out.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
the only game i've ever played on easy was 'Left 4 Dead' and the few times ive done that i've done that was for fun by enabling endless hoards consisting of thousands of zombies per wave.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
Because most of the games are not focused on the gameplay itself for example Bioshock's story I will usually play it on the easiest difficulty for the first play through. For the chalenge I will then raise the difficulty.

Koganesaga

Feb 11, 2010
Always start on at least hard, if the game beats me down enough times, go to normal, never struggled past that, and if I did it's my fault for messin' up so terribly but still easy is for the weak.

radarbsm

Aug 30, 2009
I start on easy then move up to Hard

Depends on the type of game thought like FPS I will start further up, but on all others I work up.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Easy. I don't have time to mess futz around with a game, so easy lets me see the story relatively quickly.

crystalsnow

Aug 25, 2009
When I saw this on the main page and looked at it's description "How hard do you like it?" I had a different impression of what it was about.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
There are some games where I want to be an unstoppable force of death and destruction, and others where I want to fight for every inch.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
I will start on Normal most times, just to get a feel of the game // The point of games (at least for me) is to enjoy them and dying over and over again is not my idea of fun

-M

vamp rocks

Aug 27, 2008
i usually beat a game on the hardest setting and then play the game through again on easy to achievement whore... :p

Alpha Centauri

Sep 7, 2009
I play games to relax and blow off steam that I have aquired by being in high school, so I go on easy to do so, I want somthing to play, not somthing to pound on my ass with a meat tenderiser.

GoldenRaz

Mar 21, 2009
If it's a game that belongs to a genre I'm not all that accostumed to (in way of gameplay or story), I'll play it on Easy.
Other than that, I play on Normal/Default difficulty. I want to play the game all the way through but I still want some amount of challenge.

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
I have to play on the hardest difficulty if I want to get my money's worth out of the game. I played God of War on easy and I ruined the experience for myself. But even on the hardest difficulty, the game's single player will only last about 8 hours befoer I beat it.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
First I usually play through the game on easy, then, if I like the game, I play through it again on harder difficulties.