Question of the Day, January 11, 2011

Dr.A

Jun 3, 2010
I want to. I would seriously serrriously want to.

But I wouldn't let myself. That's why I chose the "Other" option.

The reason I would refuse is, not just because I'd want to stay here on Earth, but because a one-way trip to Mars is just a dumb idea.

elilupe

Jun 1, 2009
I would definitely do that! Its like the Europeans colonizing America, except its Mars.

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
I'd have to think long and hard and take into account more variables... but I'd being willing to give the thought of it a chance.

I guess I have to say: it depends. One factor would be: is contact with earth facilitated (even on a limited basis). Another would be: is anyone else I know considering it as well?

number2301

Apr 27, 2008
Where's the imagination people? Only 65 yesses? Yes, yes, a hundred times yes. You're talking about colonising another planet here, the greatest achievement of mankind. It'd be like discovering the new world again, only a thousand times more important.

One day this planet will die, we need to have spread to other planets and star systems before that happens.

crazyfoxdemon

Oct 2, 2009
Only if I could convince my girlfriend to come... Knowing her.. I'd say it's about a 30% chance that I would go :p

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
I would go. Not a lot going on for me here right now. And the chance for a new start on a new planet. That is not the sort of opertunity you get everyday.

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
Not a chance, if it was a 1 way trip to some other planet with a breathable atmosphere, then I'd consider it, but not to Mars, and be stuck in a tin can with a bunch of random people, and knowing my luck, I'd get stuck with the worse possible specimen of the human female to start populating the planet with Martians :p

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Other:
No and I would happily donate to a fund to send these schmucks, I mean heroic volunteers to Mars.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
If I could take everyone I liked with me? Sure!

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Space-Travel today is nowhere near comfortable so hell no. You also can't get erections in space, that reason alone could stop me going! Besides the Internet would be far too laggy on Mars don't you think?

I'd rather stay in Earth thanks.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
If the connection to earth wasnt too bad. I guess you can always play Civ 4 by email. . . . . . . Damn it literally take a lifetime to finish it.