Question of the Day, January 19, 2011

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
squid5580 said:
There should have been a "I want one for coffee, not sissy drinks" option because I do.
I want a litre of espresso dammit! I want to be so buzzed on coffee I can down it and then not be caught of CCTV because I move so fast.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
I would say that I'm indifferent since I don't buy anything for Starbucks, but I'll say that the old adage, "Quality not quantity" applies here.

Even if they did sell coffee in that size, why would you want such a large amount of weak coffee?

I drink a lot of coffee at home, sometimes by the pint, but I find that the strength of the coffee is more important that the quantity.

I'd much rather make 4 cups of strong black coffee that remain hot than only make one large coffee that will be cold by the time I've finished drinking it.

As a takeaway soft beverage container, it's not even that large or convenient. 1 or 1.5 litre bottles are much better as you can screw the top back on and carry them around with you, but a large flimsy cup is just a pain in the arse.

But I suppose I'm missing the point of Starbucks, where practicality and quality take a back seat to the brand and establishment.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
FoolKiller said:
I think its stupid that they are only having it for certain beverages: COFFEE not being one of them.

The only reason to get this big a beverage is to share it with someone, and even that is a stretch. I wonder what the pricing will be like on these drinks.
£50? The prices at the moment seem to say so...

And I'd try one, just to see how massive it is, but they're not overseas yet!

Birthe

Apr 26, 2010
Don't really care.

I don't like coffee and therefore I also don't like starbucks that much since apart of tea it doesn''t have much to offer for me since their hot chocolate sucks.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
That's like a liter of coffee.. Whoa

therandombear said:
Rigs83 said:
therandombear said:
How about the option for: "As far as I know Starbucks doesn't exist in my country"?

Besides coffee tastes bad :p

Green = Where there is Starbucks. Grey = No Starbucks

Norway = No Starbucks
Denmark has Starbucks?! I'm surprised.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
That's awesome! Perpetuating the American stereotype further!
My country doesn't have Starbucks (probably the only country in the world...), but I'd definitely try it if it did.

Srdjan

Mar 12, 2010
It need to be banned it's just like the Super size option in McDonalds, they canceled later because of that documentary guy. It's fucking suggestive and it's dirty corporate move. If someone wants liter of soda, he can take two or three regular ones, what's the difference.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Who the hell could drink that much coffee in one sitting? Now if it were 32oz. of pop, that'd be different.

Prvt.Church

May 14, 2009
I don't really give 2 craps about it because their coffee tastes like used motor oil mixed with raw sewage.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
I just IM'ed my Floridian friend demanding he get one to show me...so yeah, I'm curious enough to try it :p

...but I don't normally go to Starbucks anyway XD

SodaDew

Sep 28, 2009
It's the stupidest idea ever. It also proves how addicted people are to there coffees and other drinks. Why would they make something THAT big... or in other terms "To much of a good thing is bad for you."

Bulit523

Aug 10, 2010
I went with "other", for the same reason that several others have mentioned....

I don't go to Starbuck's, but I drink 32-64oz drinks all the time...

In other words, "Who Cares?" Why should anyone make a big deal about 31oz?