Question of the Day, July 10, 2010

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I always play as a good guy. I don't know why but I feel terrible killing innocent people or even robbing them in video games.

Jargo

May 18, 2010
Always the good guy i like the respect you can get in some games but hey that just me :)

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Really, it depends on the game and if I feel like it. Sometimes, I feel like being the good guy, but most of the time, it's more fun to be the bad guy.

Project_Omega

Sep 7, 2009
Kavachi said:
Mainly the good guy, especially in stuff ike ME, but in some games you are forced to be bad or it is more fun to be bad (like Evil Genius and Overlord).

EDIT: to clarify why I'm good in ME and ME2: I just can't act like an asshole to that many people, the game is too immersive for that and i would feel bad XD Call me a wuss but its true
Exactly know what you mean man! its just you start feeling your conscience slapping you on the head going : WTF ARE YOU DOING!

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
I play the goody good guy on the first playthrough,because even if it's a little harder sometimes,you get better rewards(case and point,Dawn of War 2).On later playthrough,I play the dickhead.The chaotic Evil guy.

There is no problem the proper application of murder can't solve.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
Where is my 'both' option?

I usually play through the game as the good guy first, and then I play it again, wicked as sin itself.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Good guy, mainly because my cynicism often translates to extreme cases in terms of games. Very few games allow me or my character to be a Deadpan Snarker [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DeadpanSnarker] without coming off as a flat-out dick.

That and most of my characters are some form of "good" (like my girl Erika in ME2, a Neutral Good at best).

Edit: I just finished some little alignment test as if I was my character in ME2. Turns out she's Lawful Good. Huh... must've been all that time in the Marines. :p

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
The majority of the time(at least for my inital playthrough) I play as a morally good person, but on additional playthroughs I'll go the other way or do whatever feels right.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I play the good guy, because most games really don't give you any serious changes or decisions other than you're a child eating demon that slaughters everyone for no reason and just everyone hates you. There's no games (at least that I'm familiar with) where there are real shades of morality, ie you can lean towards being a bad guy just by being a dick, or doing things for your own means, but that doesn't mean you walk into a village and cut everyone's throats and swim in their blood.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
I like playing good guys because there's no guilt that can't be dismissed with the phrase "It was strictly necessary at the time". It is fun to be an ass every now and then though.

Unknown Hero 888

Jul 11, 2010
I dunno, I think of ethics as right and wrong over good and evil. It just seems that Good and Evil are titles. But my characters are generally nice guys, and get high on the good bar-thing. So I'll go with good.

Captain Ninja

May 9, 2009
dthvirus said:
I play the good guy whose only fault is taking everything that isn't nailed down.
totally agree!
its not my fault if i like to admire things and forget to put them back D;

swytchblayd

May 28, 2008
I would say it depends upon the game. Like, if evil is permissable and even encouraged (ala the Fallout series or Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, the latter of which you basically ARE the bad guy right from the beginning ^^ *maniacal laughter*), I'm not above pounding a few faces in*. But in general, I think I fall in line behind the good guy, just because...

Besides, they usually get the better ending for whatever reason :/ Laaaaame.

*When entertainment ensues, namely.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
See...
As I said in the "fatal flaw of Star Wars Tor" thread. People dont actualyl like being bad as much as youd think.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Depends. I mostly play good guys but I'll do the occasional evil/dickish thing.
For example, in Gothic I regularily knock out traders and steal all their stuff (though I won't kill them or any random people) and, later on in the story, "depopulate" the Old Camp.

EDIT:
Fuhjem said:
Shit, I was a good guy in Overlord.
Yah, me too. It's also more productive and has better long-term effects, so I'm not sure I did it to be nice or for the advantages it provides.
A little of both, I guess.