Question of the Day, March 21, 2010

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I could go about a week before I really started feeling "disconnected" though I can't say I'd do it by choice. Heh

f0re1gn

DON'T PANIC
Jan 21, 2009
I wouldn't die without the Internets.

If I stopped using it for a year - I doubt I'd ever be using it at the same rate again.

But after a month or two - I'd be most excited to silk my hungry teeth into the web+)

Xaryn Mar

Sep 17, 2008
It really depends. Most of my work while I studied required me to have internet and some of my friends live far away so no internet would be a very big annoyance. But I could go without for a very long time.

westx207

Oct 17, 2008
To be honest, if I had to give it up for the rest of my life I could, but if I were to just casually test myself, I'd last somewhere between an hour and a day. I don't know why I'd ever do such a thing though.

ThatTallGuy

Jul 24, 2009
I think I could go for quite some time personally, but for my work, most of the training is done online, in addition to important work e-mails. Though back on personally, I'd live. I have books, movies, music, my guitar (which I still need to teach myself to play), and Legos. I love Legos. Though it would be difficult to connect with most of my friends from high school.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Prolly a day, because I would want to check out on a lot of stuff that I am involved in.

Anymore than that I would severly begin to lag behind.

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
I've only had the internet at home for about 2 1/2 years now, I went fine without it before then.
Admittedly it makes everything easier and I wouldn't like to go without it, but if it was taken away from me for any reason, I'd do fine.
Besides, I more-or-less cut myself off when I bought Mass Effect 2, as I played nothing else and didn't check websites, lurk in IRC channels or anything else for about a week I think.
After I completed it once I resumed my routine.

Feb 13, 2008
I make sure I have a week off each year. Month probably wouldn't hurt, but I search for information an awful lot, so it'd be a pain to go without it for much longer.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
I went about four months without internet (ending in January of this year) and that was rough, but I think I could make it a year if I had to.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
If it wasnt for the fact that half my appliances are plugged into the net i could probably last without the net for the rest of my life.

The problem is that the net has become an integral part of our every day life, its in my cell phone, psp, xbox 360, tv, computer, my other computer, my other other computer, my laptop, and my back up laptop.

Since this is the case and i cant just give up on half my stuff for the rest of my life for no good reason i can honestly say the integration of the net into our lives makes it impossible to give it up for any length of time.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
If I had to, forever.... would I like it? NO.
Out of free will? I wouldn't.... I love the internet, no matter how horrible it's deepest and darkest depths are....