Question of the Day, May 1, 2010

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
Originals are pretty good, but they just don't hold my hand like Fallout 3 does :p

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
How weird that today was the day I decided to reinstall the first two.

Well, I haven't completed the third one, or played that much of the first and second.

I'm gonna have to go...

2nd.

Karlaxx

Oct 26, 2009
Fallout 3 by default, not having played the other two. I probably got more enjoyment out of 3 because it was my first contact with that universe, and it was fun. Certainly enough to be getting Vegas somewhere along the road.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Hurr Durr Derp said:
YOU DIDN'T PLAY ALL OF THE GAMES FOR 60 HOURS EACH, YOUR VOTE IS INVALID!!!

F3. I played F1, didn't enjoy it at all. There you go, F3 is my favorite. Also, would you kindly please stop trolling? "F3 kiddies", "Halo generation", "horde of people".

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Demented Teddy said:
I don't think "I'm waiting for new vegas" is a valid option as it does not count as a favourite as it couldn't have been played yet and it will stop people from voting for their favourite game.
there always has to be a fifth wheel kind of option.
always an option that doesn't matter the slightest in the poll's question.

ZeppMan217

Apr 13, 2010
Passed F1 once. Kinda liked it. Passed F3 twice. Kinda didn't like it. Waiting for Vegas.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
I've only player Fallout 3, so that one.
I have a feeling a may like New Vegas more though.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Abedeus said:
Hurr Durr Derp said:
YOU DIDN'T PLAY ALL OF THE GAMES FOR 60 HOURS EACH, YOUR VOTE IS INVALID!!!
F3. I played F1, didn't enjoy it at all. There you go, F3 is my favorite. Also, would you kindly please stop trolling? "F3 kiddies", "Halo generation", "horde of people".
The poll isn't invalid because they didn't play the older ones enough, but because they didn't play them at all. You can't say that apple pie tastes better than blueberry pie if you've never even had blueberry pie.

Also, I'm not blaming the F3 crowd for not liking the other games, it's just the result of a shift in gaming culture. In the 'old' days (well not the old old days but you get what I mean), stuff like Fallout and Baldur's Gate was awesome, but in the current gaming culture they wouldn't sell at all. That's not criticism (unless you choose to take it as such), just an observation. It's logical, really. Poor graphics, limited voice-acting, slow-paced and far less spectacular action... It's not hard to see why those games wouldn't be as appealing to someone whose first encounter was Fallout 3. Just looking at the people who explained their choice, there were a significant number of them who either never played the first two, or who only started playing them after they played the third one. It's like with movies: Sure there are a lot of people who love old movies, but the majority of the people will prefer the newest blockbuster when you give them the choice.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
black-magic said:
What if you don't play fallout...
Then don't post here?

OT: Fallout 3 by default. Havn't plaed the others, but I don't think I could get into them anyways.

black-magic

May 21, 2009
Darth_Dude said:
black-magic said:
Then don't post here?

OT: Fallout 3 by default. Havn't plaed the others, but I don't think I could get into them anyways.
These polls should be accessible to everyone. Not hard to add a "never played one" option.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Hurr Durr Derp said:
So unless you eat every single kind of a pie, shark pie and dead squirrel pie included, you can't say you like apple pie the most.

I get ya.

Also, my first experience WAS F1. I was just unimpressed. And I say that as a guy who still enjoys Diablo 2, Nox or Heroes of Might and Magic III over newer titles.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
black-magic said:
Darth_Dude said:
black-magic said:
Then don't post here?

These polls should be accessible to everyone. Not hard to add a "never played one" option.
Still, if you don't really have anything to contribute all you're doing is increasing your post count.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Since FO3 will be the first one I get, I'm going to say that one.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Je n'ai rien joué au Fallout. (Is that correct?)

black-magic said:
Don't vote. It isn't compulsory.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Kalezian said:
but, if your allergic to blue berries then you will already be biased against the death pies.
Yeah, because playing a videogame is totally lethal.

Abedeus said:
So unless you eat every single kind of a pie, shark pie and dead squirrel pie included, you can't say you like apple pie the most.

I get ya.

Also, my first experience WAS F1. I was just unimpressed. And I say that as a guy who still enjoys Diablo 2, Nox or Heroes of Might and Magic III over newer titles.
Oh, don't be obtuse. This is a poll with four options, so you don't need to have tried every game ever in order to form a clear opinion. You just can't say that one thing is better than another thing if you haven't at least tried both of them.

I never said that everyone who preferred F3 must've never played the old ones, I merely noticed the number of people making exactly that comment. Please don't put words in my mouth just so you can have an argument.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Hurr Durr Derp said:
The poll isn't invalid because they didn't play the older ones enough, but because they didn't play them at all. You can't say that apple pie tastes better than blueberry pie if you've never even had blueberry pie.
Note that this isn't "What's the best Fallout game" poll but "What's your favourite Fallout game" so your reasoning is wrong.