Question of the Day, May 1, 2010

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Fallout 3 for me, I loved it, it is the firsto ne I played, and, the whole scale and scope = Awesome

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Fallout 3 was the only one I've played, so that is my favorite. It was a great game, except for all the glitches it had.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Someone worded it better than I could ever word it.

mexicola said:
Hurr Durr Derp said:
The poll isn't invalid because they didn't play the older ones enough, but because they didn't play them at all. You can't say that apple pie tastes better than blueberry pie if you've never even had blueberry pie.
Note that this isn't "What's the best Fallout game" poll but "What's your favourite Fallout game" so your reasoning is wrong.
If you didn't play F1 or F2, you don't like them automatically. Or at least you are neutral. If you played F3 and liked it, you LIKE IT.

If you like F3 and are neutral about F1 or F2 (or don't like them), logically F3 is your favorite.

Stop being so hurt about more people enjoying F3.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
I voted for Fallout 2, and I was expecting it to be on top, but I guess Fallout 1 and 2 are too old for most people here to have played them.

In case that sounded condescending, it wasn't meant that way at all. I'm just willing to bed that the majority of gamers frequenting this place played Fallout 3 as their first Fallout game. The general age group of people playing games like these are below my age (26 as of today, actually), I guess.

Anyway, they are all awesome, just in different ways. With that said, I can't wait for New Vegas.

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
I've just been playing Fallout 3, and I love it. It's also the only of the three I have experienced. The older two look great, but I'm told they're extremely hard and the combat sucks, which is why I've been reluctant to get them.

Sunrider84 said:
I voted for Fallout 2, and I was expecting it to be on top, but I guess Fallout 1 and 2 are too old for most people here to have played them.

In case that sounded condescending, it wasn't meant that way at all. I'm just willing to bed that the majority of gamers frequenting this place played Fallout 3 as their first Fallout game. The general age group of people playing games like these are below my age (26 as of today, actually), I guess.

Anyway, they are all awesome, just in different ways. With that said, I can't wait for New Vegas.
Happy Birthday :)

Kanodin0

Mar 2, 2010
This poll would have been more interesting with a Fallout 3-it's the only one I've played option. Nothing wrong with that of course, It just would have been interesting to see how fallout 3 did amongst people who played 1 and 2 instead of being unable to tell because of all those votes.

I voted for Fallout 1 myself as it had the best early desperately trying to survive feel which is always my favorite part. The Master, while still a little ridiculous, is also the closest Fallout has gotten to a compelling main villain.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Fallout 2 for me.
I might be am looking at it through my rose-tinted nostalgia glasses, but I spent many hours with that game.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Fallout 3 has really been my only exposing to the Fallout series, and honestly I loved it. I'm sure Fallout 1 and 2 are great, but to me, 3 is my favorite.

Now when New Vegas rolls around, we'll see, but for now, Fallout 3.

Pillypill

Aug 7, 2009
Fallout 3, i played 2 first, then 3, then 1.The isometric world, bugged me a bit, and the whole game being similar to VATS in fallout 3, got on my nerves until i was maybe lvl 10, i like being able to actualy shoot my disgusting mutated foes.

Alex The Rat

Jan 8, 2010
If New Vegas can refine the fun aspects of 3 and add story and coherent world aspects of the first two (which are things 3 lacked) then it will be truly wonderful. As is, I voted 3 simply because I enjoyed playing it more than the other two.

EDIT: I don't know why people complain so much about Fallout 3 glitchiness. Maybe I got lucky, but I never encountered a game-breaking glitch of any sort, just flying deathclaws and the like. And Fallout 2 was damn glitchy in ways that seriously affected gameplay. Saving up my Armor Piercing ammo only to discover that they were miscoded and only did half damage, getting trapped in small rooms by companions and having to load an earlier save...

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
cousinletsgobowling said:
Catkid906 said:
Calumon: Setting the world on fire would be bad idea anyway. We don't want Global Warming!
no offense dude but thats really annoying and creepy how you always have that
No offence, but not having a Capital Letter, a full stop or a comma in that sentence makes my Grammar Nazi explode.

Calumon: No offence intended though! ^^

Vek

Aug 18, 2008
SO much fun stuff to do in Fallout 2 and so much replayability. Fallout 2 gets my vote.

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
I don't think you can compare Fallout 1 & 2 with Fallout 3 because they are very different games. I loved all of the games, but my favorite has to be Fallout 2. I am also looking forward to F:NV.