Question of the Day, May 15, 2010

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
Republic all the way! ...That is presuming I have the money to play that game for more than just the free trial.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Even though I won't buy the game since SW ended for me with Revenge Of The Sith, it is Ataru all the way for me. And we all know who mastered that.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
If it were a choice between Rebels and Empire, I'd go with the Empire. However, in this era I go with the Republic. Why? It's not because the Sith are less awesome than the Empire(more, in fact), but because the Republic is cooler than the rebels by a factor of 100.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Johnnyallstar said:
Two words: Bounty Hunter.
A Mandalorian works neither Empire or Republic. The Mandalorian works for who can afford them but always is loyal to Mandalore.

Fuhjem

Jan 17, 2009
Whoever said the Sith were evil? The Jedi committed genocide and act like a form of a police state. Sith are all about feeling the world through emotions. Jedi are these stoic soldiers with a single mindedness to wipe out the Sith.

In my opinion, the Jedi are the dark side.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I'm going to go with the empire, I'm just not suited for being evil. Even though I can act quite cold hearted at times.

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
Seeing as the greatest class ever (in the history of ever), is the Jedi Consular; it's very obvious what side I'll be on.

And I always want to play the good guy, being a Republican ensures I can be a good guy.

Stone Wera

Feb 13, 2010
As good a Sith I can be.
I support the Sith empire, because I don't see them as inherently evil, I see them as their beliefs and principals make them out to be.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
I'm actually surprised that there is a fairly even split between the two at this point. It somewhat breaks the thesis [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_239/7110-For-the-Horde] that more hardcore and mature gamers will choose the side that isn't inherently good. Or it gives an interesting look into the demographics of the Escapist site.

As for me, I fall under Sith all the way.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Republic.

I SHALL BE A HEALER!

Because seriously, early MMO and even Late MMO Healers are so scarce.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Hoppetussa said:
I can't be evil in games. No matter how hard I try. Even though I like both sides, I'm going for the non-evil one.
For me it's backwards, I hardly never get to be the good guy, except in some places where it just goes too hard on my ethics, but nearly no game had that case with me.

OT: I won't be playing The Old Republic, never liked this kind of games, but I would go with the evil side.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
I think I will side with the empire first because my first class right now is going to be the bounty hunter class.

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
I'm considering either.

I'll either end up being a trooper for Republic, or an agent for Sith... Too bad you can't switch factions.

I can already see the game overloaded with light sabers, too... There will be a fuckload of siths and jedi warriors =/

I guess consulars are pretty cool too, especially as offensive force powers go. I've always been more of a consular then anything else in KOTOR games, relying on diplomacy and when that eventually fails, on huge fucking force attacks.