Question of the Day, November 12, 2010

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Super Mario World was my favourite. It was well balanced and the "Save" function was very welcome! :)

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Super Mario World, but SMB3 comes really close. Just the amount of features added there is simply amazing.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
I couldn't decide between SMB3 and Super Mario World...just like a bunch of other people on here. I really liked Mario 64 as well, mainly because of the 3D environment.

Moriarty

Apr 29, 2009
If I have to pick one, I have to go with Super Mario World. It's the only one in the series I've played to 100% multiple times. Sacrificing Yoshi never gets old.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Speaking of embarrassing, as I kid I never had a Super Nintendo (not the embarrassing part). Even then I recognized how great Super Mario 3 was, and when I was growing up and even now, that and Mega Man 2 were my favorite games.

Now, however, I've been snapping up old systems and games from Ebay and Craigslist and I got a SNES with Super Mario World. I'm ashamed to say that after all this time, it may have displaced Super Mario 3. I DO need to go back and play SMB3 again, but I've played it so many times in the past I think it's time to play a few new-to-me games first.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
The original is my favourite. I have had great times with SMB2 and 3, as well as SMW 1 and 2, but SMB1 takes the cake, pie, cookie etc.

Speedruns in that game never gets old.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Measuring off of sheer playtime.... Mario Bros. Not Super, but the original. I played that so much when I was a kid; one of the few games my mom played, too.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Best of the 3 said:
I know it's a crime but... I've never like Mario at all.

*Raises flame shield, inside flame bunker, on Mars*
*Knocks on your door*

Hello I'm with the religion known as Mario's Witness and I've come to spread the good news about our favorite 8-bit plumber....

You do like him don't you?

*Raises Knife*

>:]

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Moriarty said:
If I have to pick one, I have to go with Super Mario World. It's the only one in the series I've played to 100% multiple times. Sacrifixing Yoshi never gets old.

O__O you Monster!! I loved riding Yoshi....my childhood just died...

*Sobs* Poor yoshi!!

Moriarty

Apr 29, 2009
Madara XIII said:
Moriarty said:
If I have to pick one, I have to go with Super Mario World. It's the only one in the series I've played to 100% multiple times. Sacrifixing Yoshi never gets old.

O__O you Monster!! I loved riding Yoshi....my childhood just died...

*Sobs* Poor yoshi!!
the funny thing about this is, it's mandatory to let Yoshi fall to his death at least once to get a 100% ending.
you need him to go below a level ending flagpole to get to the secret ending of the level

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
I've made it clear many times one of my all-time favorite games is Super Mario RPG, by a combination of good gameplay and personal memeories. Out of the ones listed, I say Super Mario World.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
Easily Super Mario World for me. The 16-Bit capabilities of the SNES gave Mario his best possible 2D experience. I don't think they could possibly be improved. If you tried to make anything look better, it would involve adding polygons or some other 3D elements, and then you'd end up with NEW Super Mario Bros. I'm not arguing that this is a bad game but it just can't compete in any way, shape or form.

For the same reasons, I'm also very partial to the Mario All-Stars remake of SMB3.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Super Mario World.

Loved it, got 100%.
The Star Worlds and Special Worlds were hard but fun.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
None. I haven't played any besides the first one Gameboy. My friend gave me a copy a few years ago, played for 5 mins and got bored of it. I think if I had been exposed to it (Mario and a lot of other old school stuff) when I was younger I would have appreciated it a lot more.