Question of the Day, November 16, 2010

JamesBr

Nov 4, 2010
I remember the last time a Diablo game was released on console. Alas, controllers haven't changed AT ALL since then. Even with the system's overhaul for D3, without a keyboard and mouse, ARPGs are simply doomed to failure.

Allison Chainz

Oct 28, 2010
I'd get it on PC as long as there's an option to use my gamepad. Mouse and Keyboard controls have always felt awkward to me for action oriented gaming. It's pretty easy to set quick access to macros even while using a pad. FFXI pulled it off very nicely.

The only games I really prefer using a keyboard for are ones that have a more strategy oriented pacing like The Sims, Starcraft, and D&D style RPGs.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
Given that since I have a very good computer, I never even bother with consoles (don't own a current gen), I'll be playing it on PC thanks very much..

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
No, chances are it's coming to the PC first, so I will buy it then, there are very few, oh so very few games that I purchase more than once (FO3 and TES4 so far).

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
I can get why they haven't release games like Starcraft, Warcraft, WoW, etc. on consoles, it's very hard to get RTS and MMO games to work on consoles; however games like Diablo work perfectly on consoles.

Fortuan

Oct 14, 2008
JamesBr said:
I remember the last time a Diablo game was released on console. Alas, controllers haven't changed AT ALL since then. Even with the system's overhaul for D3, without a keyboard and mouse, ARPGs are simply doomed to failure.
Not so look at Baldur's Gate, was a huge hit for PS2 and also Demon's Souls a nice Action RPG sleeper hit.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
Hell [footnote]No pun intended. Well..okay, maybe a LITTLE one...[/footnote]
NO

PC-only.
I MIGHT, however, hook up my PC to my LCD tv to play it...

JamesBr

Nov 4, 2010
Fortuan said:
JamesBr said:
Not so look at Baldur's Gate, was a huge hit for PS2 and also Demon's Souls a nice Action RPG sleeper hit.
Although I will agree, I would argue that both of these games were made for consoles in the first place (I could be wrong, so feel free to correct me if I am). They are not, to my knowledge, click-heavy in the style of Diablo/Torchlight etc... Maybe my statement was a little too broad. That being said, have you played the console version of Diablo? It was horrible. And since controllers have not changed since the Playstation era, I doubt that a console port of Diablo 3 would function equally to the PC version. But then again, I just prefer keyboard and mouse to controller, so that could just be me :p

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
You guys should just put Yes, no or maybe.

Anyways I'd play as long as there was 4p LOCAL co-op. Console doesn't matter as me and my friends have access to all 4, plus 2 rather good gaming rigs.

Apr 28, 2008
I don't see why not.

It'd bring the game to a wider audience, and I'd love to see how they would optimize the controls for a controller.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
I would play it on a console (specificly thr 360) however that is only because any computer I will try to play it on will most likely get fried. Just playing it on a console would make it so much simpler for me, however I would need a mouse and keyboard.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Only playable on PC people = Fanboys?

Anyways I won't be getting it because I don't like it so...