Question of the Day, October 23, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, October 23, 2010

There'll be a new mob for Minecraft fans to avoid with Notch's upcoming Halloween patch [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104626-Minecrafts-Deadly-New-Ghasts-Will-Burn-You]. The Boo-esque ghast will spit fire at the player while traveling through the ever-burning depths of Hell. What other holidays deserve their own themed patches?

If you have any suggestions for a Vox Populi, please send a PM to [user]Lauren Admire[/user].

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
This is a tough one, though I think I'll have to go with the obvious choice of Christmas.

There's already snow!

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Talk like a pirate day, definitely. It is a lot more awesome with a patch for a holiday that is more like an inside-joke for the target audience of the game.

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
Talk like a pirate day. Proper, craftable ocean vessels? Sea raider enemies? Holy shit yeah.

Pirate Kitty said:
None.

I don't want anymore cheese.
And is it just me, or do you try to come across as the most abrasive person this side of 4chan?

neokarl

Sep 28, 2010
Christmas: Pinetrees or somthing
Easter: Rabbits and easter eggs
Thanksgiving: Turkey
Independece Day: flags
Talk like a pirate day: I have no idea, maybe buried treasure *vote*

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
I did vote Christmas, and I played with the idea of making a more utility oriented update that would counterbalance the mainly - danger filled Halloween one, but talk like a pirate day could introduce some way to make a pirate ship.

Here's a thought: somehow making a way for you to upgrade the simple modes of travel like the boat, like make it bigger, give it a motor like you can with the mine cart, give it sails, a deck etc: or introduce flying machines somehow.

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
Angerwing said:
Talk like a pirate day. Proper, craftable ocean vessels? Sea raider enemies? Holy shit yeah.

Pirate Kitty said:
None.

I don't want anymore cheese.
And is it just me, or do you try to come across as the most abrasive person this side of 4chan?
Or perhaps I don't like the things you like?
No, it's not that. I've seen you in pretty much every thread, and you seem to be just plain rude in a lot of them. Not so much in this one, but you've got the same attitude going on. I've seen your type before. You probably won't last long.

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
Oh, I came on thinking "christmas", but you had to have an excuse for more piratry up there, didn't you?!

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
No one seems to be taken Independence Day to its obvious conclusion:

Aliens. And alien spaceships.

YES INDEPENDENCE DAY

DPunch4

May 6, 2009
he's from Switzerland right? Easter and Christ(derp)mas are not as important as pirates in athiestland. gosh i wish i lived in Switzerland.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I would personally like to go on easter egg hunts, but why not just make patches for every holiday? I don't see why we should limit ourselves, think big!

DPunch4 said:
he's from Switzerland right? Easter and Christ(derp)mas are not as important as pirates in athiestland. gosh i wish i lived in Switzerland.
"he"'s from Sweden, as am I. And christmas and easter is quite big here, but the biggest holiday is definitely talk like a pirate day, since the Swedish youth is basically only nerds and gamers.