Question of the Day, October 23, 2010

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Yaarrgh! Lower yer sails and get yer skervy ridden hides on deck, I be boardin' ya server!

All the others are too culture specific. Also, they're not half as funny.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
Aye, talk like a pirate day is the funniest thin' e'er Aye, me parrot concurs.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
crystalsnow said:
Other. BECAUSE THEY SHOULD DO AN UPDATE FOR EVERY HOLIDAY.
That's the problem, though; there is no "they." Markus Perrson is still the one single programmer for the game.

My vote is Christmas, because that's the only one I can resonably expect. :-(

crystalsnow

Aug 25, 2009
sooperman said:
crystalsnow said:
Other. BECAUSE THEY SHOULD DO AN UPDATE FOR EVERY HOLIDAY.
That's the problem, though; there is no "they." Markus Perrson is still the one single programmer for the game.

My vote is Christmas, because that's the only one I can resonably expect. :-(
Well yeah, I'm just saying.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Dark assassin for hire said:
PANCAKE DAY! or some other stupid holiday no one really celebrates... but would be fun.
Though Shrove Tuesday/Pancake Day is, while not popular, rather Catholic. Halloween and Christmas are secularized enough to be generic. I don't know, perhaps I'm out on a limb here, but if Notch doesn't want to call Hell "Hell" because he's keeping away from real-world religions, an update specifically for a certain religious day would be a mite odd.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
Pirate Day FTW because you should be able to make an authentic pirate ship and maybe pirates are new enemies in the daytime that attack your little boat or your huge pirate ship and you can make cannons and add upgrades then sail around teh seven seas ARGH!

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
Talk like a pirate day. It's unusual and awesome.

Failing that, Independence day. Fireworks FTW!

Limos

Jun 15, 2008
Talk like a Pirate day all the way bro.

Out of all of them it definitely has the best possible items and enemies to add. Craftable ships, pirate enemies with chests of treasure, maybe some uses for Gold.