Question of the Day, September 14, 2010

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Alpha Centauri said:
Are there any Canadian Leaders?

EDIT:

Why the hell are there no Canadians? Oh well, to the mods I guess
Because the world is still mad at Canada for the war that you made that caused us to lose all our space travel tech.

OT:
I would use Greece when I want to build a diplomatic game, Rome when I want a nice mix and Germany when I want to play an agressive expansionist.

Other than that I might play as England or Russia just for the fun of it. I think as I enjoy western political thought that is where my armies will come from.

Rauten

Capitalism ho!
Apr 4, 2010
Out of the available options, I'd probably go with Gandhi (who looks incredibly badass in the official site), or Hiawatha.

Out of the missing options, I miss:
Boudica, for having the balls of going up against the Roman Empire.
Isabel, because I'm Spanish, and our inquisition brings all the heretics to the yard.
Lincoln, because I like him.
Sitting Bull, because I have a sweet spot for the native american civilization.

alfrodul

Mar 19, 2009
Arminius, Chieftain of the Cherusci and leader of the confederation of German tribes which defeated three of Romes thirty legions at the Battle of Teutoberg forest. He's why we're discussing this in English and not a Saxon-dialect of Latin.

Songs of his victory are also a likely source of the saga of the Volsungs and the Nibelungenlied, the St. George the Dragonslayer myths, and the fairy tale we now know as Sleeping Beauty.

kintaris

Apr 5, 2010
It'll have to be Catherine, she's been my lucky charm since I started playing Civ and I'm paranoid about switching now...

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Mimssy said:
Blue-State said:
Hannibal Barca. He had these
img snip
Pyrrhus was the first to use elephants against Rome.
It took til Zama for Hannibal to use Elephants too - and that's the battle he lost. Only one survived the crossing of the alps, if I recall - his personal elephant.

I think I'd want to play as Charlemagne or Augustus Caesar. I never really liked that Hannibal led the Carthaginians. Just because he's the only one anybody can name doesn't mean he led them for any substantial period of time.