Question of the Day, September 16, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, September 16, 2010

The companions [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103504-Fallout-New-Vegas-Companions-Revealed] for Fallout:New Vegas have been announced, and it's time to choose who you'll want by your side while traveling the wasteland. Who would you pick? Why?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Ill take the Doctor! Nothing better than heals on the go!

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
But...in the game you get to have a choice humanoid AND a choice of none-human companions. I can't choose just one dammit.

ED-E and Lillian for me in game though.

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
I'm tempted to say Rex, but I don't think it will be quite the same as Dogmeat... sigh...

I'll go with the doctor. Just in case I need to be patched up.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
ED-E! I want a little floating eyebot following me around shooting lasers and possibly making jokes like EDI.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
honestly, i'd prefer to go without a companion. i'm a lone gunner type, all those companions do is get in the way of my massacring. but if i HAD to pick, it would be the ghoul gunslinger. gotta know that my sidekick knows how to use a rifle!

Chamzaboogie

Mar 29, 2010
Depends on the story and the character I play. That schizo ghoul sounds quite promising, I hope they will get the companions right, with a story and some nice (and useless) punchlines.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Boone, could always use an effective battle buddy.

Second would be Cass, as eye candy is always nice to have.

Arcade reminds me of Mordin, and I'd keep him around if he's as funny.

Mar 30, 2010
Boone - I tend to play intellectualy orientated characters with little combat skill in the various Fallout games, and so a bodyguard is always welcome. I was tempted to say Raul, but since one skill I always take is repair I don't really see the point of having a mechanic as my side-kick, even one who used to be a gunslinger.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
either the eyebot ED-E or the Raul Alfonso Tejada
they both seam the most useful to my usale playstyle though companions and i rarely get on well and they end up being told to stuff off