Question of the Day, September 16, 2010

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
No more Dogmeat?! How can it beeeeee?! Well, I guess I'd go for Raul then, ghouls are quite funny.

drdamo

May 17, 2010
I'm more interested in the Companion Perks they offer, how they benefit the game.
Check http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_companions , select one of the companions and check the Perks they offer when grouped with.
The one from Rex (usable items are marked when zooming; i assume containers, doors, safes, corpes, random items like notes and other use/loot-related stuff), the ED-E one (better enemy spotting + target stealthers in V.A.T.S.), the one from Boone (Highlights targeted enemies, assuming in non-V.A.T.S.) and the one from Raul (slower equipment decay rate) all look rather nice.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I'd love to have Todd Howard in chains as an "accomplice".
Strictly so I can tie a grenade to him and launch him via human-catapult into a group of Super Mutants. Then I'd record the results and put them up on PPV.

We'll see how your hype-powers fare against that, Mr. Marketer!

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Cassita said:
One that doesn't get itself killed -_-
Yup, no way am I picking the dog with the deteriorating brain...

Maybe Raul will know to stay out of the way.

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
Guest_Star said:
Where's Fisto, that sexy devil?
i thinks hes working at a bar somewhere...

ot: Raul seems like an interesting personality, or maybe Rex since i love dogs as companions until they run into an blasting zone.

Mr Shrike

Aug 13, 2010
Veronica!

Traveling back and forward to make stuff was so tedious.

Maybe I should learn to fix guns...

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Guest_Star said:
Where's Fisto, that sexy devil?
Hahaha, I was wondering about that too... but then again, I don't think I really want to know.

I voted for a lovable cybernetic puppy!

imaloony

Nov 19, 2009
I'm tempted to say Rex, but after realizing how bloody useless Dogmeat was in Fallout 3, I'll go with Veronica, because I heard that she's a real sarcastic *****, which leads me to believe that she'll be one of the funnier characters.

OintmentFly

Sep 16, 2010
*clicks the option for 'none of the above'*

Oh wait, no I didn't because there isn't one.

Seriously though, I don't bother with npc helpers. More trouble then they're worth.

Though if I did have to pick one it'd be the Ghoul. Just because Argyle sounded so hard in number 3.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
None. The ghoul sounded most promising but he would only work if he would have a sombrero and Mexican poncho over his shoulders, dual wielding revolvers, and of course fake moustache glued to his skinless face.

Also seeing the screens Veronica looks terrible. Actually, they all look terrible. Seems like it's up for modding community to do the companions properly again. It's fascinating how bunch of people can do good looking stuff for free and 'professional' game developers can't be arsed despite being paid for it.

oranger

May 27, 2008
Well, usually I find companions in fallout games to be complete morons and just solo...buuut if the AI has improved, I'll go with lillian of course,
because the inherent nightkin abilities > some silly gunslinger...unless that gunslinger is the vault dweller, of course.

oranger

May 27, 2008
Keava said:
None. The ghoul sounded most promising but he would only work if he would have a sombrero and Mexican poncho over his shoulders, dual wielding revolvers, and of course fake moustache glued to his skinless face.

Also seeing the screens Veronica looks terrible. Actually, they all look terrible. Seems like it's up for modding community to do the companions properly again. It's fascinating how bunch of people can do good looking stuff for free and 'professional' game developers can't be arsed despite being paid for it.
There's a reason for that: why work hard/creatively when you'll get no reward for it?
Line 849 in the final credits and 40 k a year isn't worth creative work.

May 5, 2010
Well, they robo-dog is certainly tempting, but I prefer a companion with whom my character can develop a kind of buddy-cop relationship. And since ghouls are fucking awesome, I'm gonna say Raoul.