Question of the Day, September 27, 2010

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
No, but I've always wanted to. Troika's output may have been a bit buggy, but I still loved their games.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I did pl;ay it for a short while - It had moments which did make me smile, but otherwise is felt pretty standard

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
Wheres the option for: yes i did and i loved it?
It had a really good storyline, the missions had multiple paths, the gameplay mechanics were good and the music was excellent.
I understand that it was slightly broken and plenty of bugs(it once gave me infinite skill points at character creation) but the community patches have fixed 99% of them and added back a lot of missing content on top of that.

So yes it is awesome but the mmo won't be anything like it.

EDIT: Also why is the last option there is not an mmo?

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Okay. Education time boys and girls.

Vampire:The Masquerade - Bloodlines is not original, it is based on a Pen and Paper tabletop RPG first published in 1991. Badly phrased polls are bad, mkay?

The MMO will be based on the pen and paper as well, not on Bloodlines nor Redemption, it will play, look and act most likely totally different. V:tM is a part of the whole World of Darkness setting, which is gothic-punk world filled with all sorts of unnaturals living among unaware humans (with exception of Inquisition, demon hunters and few freaks that make their living on hunting said unnaturals).

Pariahwulfen

Mar 23, 2010
Keava said:
Okay. Education time boys and girls.

Vampire:The Masquerade - Bloodlines is not original, it is based on a Pen and Paper tabletop RPG first published in 1991. Badly phrased polls are bad, mkay?

The MMO will be based on the pen and paper as well, not on Bloodlines nor Redemption, it will play, look and act most likely totally different. V:tM is a part of the whole World of Darkness setting, which is gothic-punk world filled with all sorts of unnaturals living among unaware humans (with exception of Inquisition, demon hunters and few freaks that make their living on hunting said unnaturals).
Thank you for saving me from having to write a scathing rant.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
I think it was more of glorious failure. Yes it was buggy, the combat was broken and you could spend half the game investing in some skills which left you unable to finish. You could, however, see the concept behind it and if they had executed it properly, the game would today be spoken of it the same terms as Half Life and Diablo

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Played both Bloodlines and Redemption. Both are great games, though Redemption is more of an acquired taste. They tried something that didn't quite work out (multiplayer with a GM), but the game itself is pretty solid, if a bit heavy on the action. Also, hard as heck unless you figure out what skills and spells are overpowered and abuse the crap out of them. Bloodlines is a classic, so no further explanation is needed there.

However, I doubt I'll be getting a Vampire MMO, just not my cup of tea. Also, not sure if it's the Old World of Darkness or the new one. If it's the new one, I'm not getting it, no way no how...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
albino boo said:
canadamus_prime said:
Why is there a "I don't play MMOs" option when the original games weren't MMOs?
There is a Vampire:The Masquerade MMO in the works.
I know that, but the question was about the original Vampire: The Masquerade games, not the new MMO.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
albino boo said:
canadamus_prime said:
I know that, but the question was about the original Vampire: The Masquerade games, not the new MMO.
And today in pedants conner we have .....

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
albino boo said:
canadamus_prime said:
albino boo said:
canadamus_prime said:

And today in pedants conner we have .....
...what?

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
I wasn't aware that Vampire: The Masquerade was a video game in the first place. The only time I've ever heard it mentioned was as LARP events.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Let's see, I've played Redemption (good story, bad AI and unfinished multiplayer), Bloodlines (again a good story but unfinished, damn you Activision!), even played the tabletop pen-and-paper version {Vampire: the Requiem sucks on toast) and sat in on a couple of LARPs (eating Sun Chips, just for the humor).
So yeah, well acquainted with the game. :p

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
If by which you mean the table top roleplaying game than yes, but you mean the MMO so no.