Question of the Day, September 27, 2010

vanthebaron

Sep 16, 2010
Roaminthecrimesolvingpaladin said:
vanthebaron said:
theres no choice for "never played it but want to"
Yeah, I've heard good things about it, but I have never had the chance to try it out.

I.e. Other
other should (malost) always be a choice

vanthebaron

Sep 16, 2010
vanthebaron said:
vanthebaron said:
theres no choice for "never played it but want to"
Yeah, I've heard good things about it, but I have never had the chance to try it out.

I.e. Other
other should (malost) always be a choice
Yup, unless it's a clear-cut yes/no question.
I'll drink to that brosir

Fredrikorex

Sep 25, 2009
I think Bloodlines was realesed about the same time as Half-Life 2 (I not sure about this though) so that's one reason why many have not heard about it.

Varewulf

Nosgoth Fanboy
Oct 22, 2009
Why wasn't there a simple "no" option? Why was it just "No, and I don't want to"?

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
Dear god the bugs with the game. So many patches later and it still kicked me in the pants repeatedly because of those...
Still liked it though.

Master10K

Feb 12, 2010
I played it originally many years ago about due to it being the most broken game imaginable, I got stuck on a Chinatown mission and just gave up on it.

However the recent article about the game, encouraged me to find the game in my retro pile re-install it with the most recent 7.1 patch and I started playing it today. Sure the controls are loose, the gun combat fairly useless and the graphics & sound quality aged terribly... it's still a great RPG. Hopefully now I'll be able to complete it.

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
Yeah, I love how everyone's leaping to talk Redemption and Bloodlines here. But to be fair, this question is really loaded.

I did not play Vampire: The Masquerade first edition; but I did play the 2nd and Revised editions.
I did not play Masquerade, the original LARP version of Vampire: The Masquerade; but I did play Laws of the Night.
I did not play either Redemption or Bloodlines.

Did I play the original?

You tell me!

(I voted yes, and it had its moments.)

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
What kind of a fucking poll is this. I'm missing both "Yes and I loved it" and "No but I want to".

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
No "yes, and it was one of the best tabletop RPGs ever"? Not even a "Yes and it was really awesome"? Just "it had its moments"? Show your bias in your poll options, much?

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
How about a "I played the Pen and Paper game, but not this." I'm thinking that I'm hoping it doesn't go the way of DDO.

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
Saying I played it implies that I am not still playing it. I am currently in a campaign and it is still fun.
I am looking forward to an MMO very much.

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
The Escapist Staff said:
Question of the Day, September 27, 2010

EVE Online creator CCP is trying its hand with vampires by revamping the classic Vampire: The Masquerade [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103767-CCP-Teases-New-Vampire-the-Masquerade-MMOG] videogame into an MMO. Did you play the original Vampire: The Masquerade? What changes would you like to see in the MMO?

Wow, this question is wrong in a few points.

A: Where is the "Yes, and I loved it!" - Personally V:TM is the best table top rpg I have ever played.

B: The new WOD mmo is not based on an old V:TM videogame, it is based on the tabletop world that White-Wolf (who is with CCP now) have weaved ( comprised of Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Changling, and a few other small games).

C: To be more specific, the WOD MMO is not based on V:TM at all. The Masquerade world (called oWOD) ended a few years back with Gehenna arriving. All current books (such as the new Vampire game, Vampire: The Requiem) are classified as nWOD (oWOD = old World of Darkness, nWOD = new ).

On that last note, I would not be surprised (in fact, I would be delighted) if they based it on the oWOD, as it was a bit more about the politics and story, whereas the nWOD is more combat driven. Considering that WW isn't supporting oWOD anymore though, I highly doubt this, and even the art in that clip appear with the nWOD style and feel.

Of course, none of this matters, as I will play World of Darkness Online from the day it launches to the day it shuts down.

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
"No, and I don't want to" is the closest I can get to an honest answer, though I would prefer an option like "No, and I have no idea what the hell it is". Makes me sound like less of a jerk who judges a game before she plays it.