Question of the Day, September 29, 2010

thublihnk

Jul 24, 2009
"Which of these do you think has the staying power to beat APB's record-setting 72 days before shutdown?"

Answer: Most of them.

SlyderEST

GfWL hater
Apr 7, 2010
Amarinth said:
Poor choice of poll options, very poor choice.

Some of the more well-known and widely anticipated upcoming MMO's (Guild Wars 2, Old Republic, TERA) are missing, so this will only give skewed results - unless ofcourse they were left out for a reason?

But Lego Universe and BSG Online (a browser game), seriously? And why is Cataclysm in there? It's an expansion pack, not a new MMO.

And, well, if you take out those then there's not much choice left. It's a toss-up between Secret World and World of Darkness for me. I'd probably go with WoD because the setting lends itself really well for putting the RP back in MMORPG and it sounds like that's what they're aiming for. There's plenty of shallow action MMO's out there by now, but I'd love to see something that's more about story, intrigue and social interactions rather than just killing critters for XP.
I don't see what's wrong with Lego Universe. It's not like it's not widely anticipated or well-known. Only problems I find is the "Legos are for kids!" and the "God, those graphics are awful."

My vote would be LU, if you haven't figured out. Would have been really hard if I could choose between that, TOR, GW2 and TERA. So thanks, Escapist, I guess.

Rickyvantof

May 6, 2009
Star Wars the Old Republic and Guild Wars 2 would be my choice, but seeing both aren't part of the poll, I'll have to choose The Secret World, it looks like it's going to try something new and innovative, which I like.

Brikson

Jan 28, 2010
I know of 3 of those games on the list. WOW, FF, and Warhammer. Not interested in any of them. I will however be getting The Old Republic as soon as possible.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
uppitycracker said:
The fallout MMO isn't up there (even tho I know it's kinda far off, and might end up being called something else), so I didn't vote
Damn, ninja'd. Then again, he was the first poster, so I don't feel so bad.

Also, I don't think expansions should count in an "upcoming MMO" survey. It's your site, so you do whatever you damn well please with it though. Just sayin'.

Sensate

Sep 24, 2010
I will be 534th person to say it but still - GW2 is my choice.

But if I really have to choose one from the list then Secret World is kinda intriguing.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
I voted for Lego Universe because I absolutely love lego but the MMO I am most looking forward to is Vindictus, another Nexon game (maplestory, mabinogi, dungeon fighter online, ect). It looks really good and is free to play.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
No Guild Wars 2?.

I'm sorry, but I'm not voting for any of those games, as Guild Wars 2 is the only MMO I'm excited right now, beyond that, everything else seems meh to me.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Guild Wars 2 isn't listed.
Excited about that one because it's free.

Otherwise, voted for Cataclysm. I'll be playing that, too.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Guild wars 2 for me. It looks to be AWESOME...
And also SW:TOR to a lesser degree I guess, but my hopes for that have gone down since PAX.