Quote yourself!

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
Quote yourself! Post something that you yourself wrote that you think is insightful, ironic, entertaining, or just plain nonsense.
Or you could just make it up on the spot!
It doesn't matter if someone has said something similar before, so long as you think your own quote is distinct in some way.

Here's a few of mine to start with:

"Theory, in practice, only takes you so far."

"The best arguments are insightful but credible, complex but logical, and serious but entertaining - in that order."

"It's always a bad idea to make an absolute statement."

"Humour makes a monochromatic existence colourful."

Okay, now your turn!
You can, of course, comment on individual quotes, but try to contribute a few of your own too.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
ChromaticWolfen said:
OD AH VIING!

There, my dragon mount will arrive soon. See you on the battle field.
A quote from a thread about what would ride into battle. Nothing particular interesting.

David Bjur

Hazy sucks, Daystar Moreso
Nov 21, 2011
"We're all different, but we are all valuable." -David Bjur, trying to justify his looks

Blobpie

May 20, 2009
"You're just jealous of my, My little pony swagger" -In response to a friend

"Wait until the compactor's maw is opened, then bare witness to the entropy of the first world." -Me, throwing garbage into the garbage compactor at work

"What is good for you, may not be good for someone else, and vise-versa. In this world; what has made you, you. Will only bring despair and pain to someone else." -In debate with a religious friend (It was like talking to a wall....)

"We are all unique, but not all special; you have to work to become special. Life is a game of poker, you have to do with the hand life dealt you."-Talking to a friend

Tanner The Monotone

I'm Tired. What else is new?
Aug 25, 2010
"If you have a problem, ask for help.....they'll send me." - me

"Whether someone is insane or not does not matter, we are all insane. What matters is how insane the person is." - me

"You can't fairly judge a person for who they are until you know why they are that way." - me

If someone famous already said those things, then whatever, you still get what I mean.

gazumped

Dec 1, 2010
"I looked up and there was all this white stuff coming in my face."

- Me, innocently celebrating a snowy winter's day.

=y

May 11, 2012
"Did that just happen?" - Friend

"Why yes. I did just get you with a snowball in August." - Me

I need to do that again. Preserving snowballs is fun! And they can't reciprocate.

Matt King

Mar 15, 2010
"your plan to take over the world is good, but it isn't quite good enough, i'll make my own takeover plan, with blackjack and hookers"

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
"If you give me one muffin, I will be happy.
If I am happy, I won't beat you."
-TrilbyWill, asking for a muffin politely (it didn't work, for some reason).
lisadagz said:
"I looked up and there was all this white stuff coming in my face."

- Me, innocently celebrating a snowy winter's day.
Because that can't be taken out of context at all.

gostchiken

Aug 22, 2009
Some great quotes come out of D&D
"It was Barbarian assisted suicide!"
"So we ride the flying tiger out of the bottomless pit"
"Shut up and handcuff the monkey"

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
"Oh God damn it, just shut the fuck up, the pair of you! Nobody-and I mean nobody-in this room gives a shit what either of you two have to say about anything. Ever. You're so damn annoying your voices should be banned under the Geneva convention. If you weren't so fucking stupid, and I didn't know better, I'd think you'd been hired by the government to kill us all by talking until we all have a big group suicide!"

This was during an examination during which the teacher was required to read out the questions twice only so we could evaluate our skim reading skill. These two girls were talking very loudly and had everyone in the room telling them to be quiet, including the teacher (who was a supply teacher, hence the disobedience) people at the back of the room could hear their exact words quite clearly.

Raven_Operative

Dec 21, 2010
"That is understandable... BUT UNFORGIVABLE!!!" - Me feebly trying to make a dramatic response to my friend's terrible excuse.