RAGE QUIT!!!1!11!! >:(

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Yeah aren't they just the funnest thing ever *eyetwitch*

For some reason if the same spy kills me over and over it just drives me insane. Seems so cheap when you are on the receiving end.
well that's just it, with even remotely decent gear, any spy can be the biggest piece of shit in the world, they can sit in any random corner that people usually don't run into, but run by, and get bare minimum one kill.

a remotely decent percent with JUST okay gear as a spy? most annoying fucking thing in the world, even as a pyro, you won't counter them sometimes just on the fact they can either sometimes jump into water or have the dead ringer and it's hard as hell to chase them down when you don't remotely run as fast or same speed as them.
You do realise that the pyro has the exact same speed as the spy right?
Also, what do you mean by gear? The best gear for spy is the vanilla gear, which you get at the start of the game
Dead ringer is pretty op though tbh

Killspre

Aug 8, 2011
The one I always remember is when I rented superman 64. That game pissed me off so much with that bullshit ring course right off the bat. My brother and I got so mad at it we returned it the same day we rented it.

Dorano

Aug 29, 2011
My best was playing Fire Emblem, arena leveling my characters. After at least 10 hours I finally got to the last guy. He misses an 89% chance to hit and kill and then gets crit by a 13% chance to hit 1% chance to crit. I haven't played it since.

Chunga the Great

Sep 12, 2010
Every time I play Counter Strike Source. That game is so fucking awful. I'm fine with a learning curve and I'm fine with being beat because I'm new to the game but for fucks sake I can't even play online because everyone in every server I play on has had the game since launch and plays it obsessively. It's fucking terrible.

The same thing is also true of multiplayer RTS. Got a game 2 years after launch? Want to play a quick game online just to see how it is? Well fuck you, everyone who still plays the game has 700+ hours clocked and has every strategy for every faction on every map planned! Good luck trying to play the damn game! I've pretty much told multiplayer RTS to go fuck itself at this point.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
I have never rage quit a video game, I sort of just.... tired of this shit, oh well, quit. I give a big sigh, get to the next save point and go do something else.
I have rage quit golf though. My brother was beating me and had been giving me shit for it the entire course. My ball somehow managed to get stuck against a lamppost. I was just yelling about who puts a fucking lamppost on a golf course and walked off.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I've never rage-quit. The closest I've gotten is where I was literally shrieking and monkey-pounding my keyboard because this is the fifty sixth bloody time I'm fighting Seth with Sakura in Street Fighter IV.

BUT I BEAT HIM, DANGIT. I BEAT HIM.

And I felt soooooo goooooooood.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
Sober Thal said:
I have never 'Rage Quit' anything.

Ask away.

Games are for fun, if I'm not having fun, I stop playing, I have never raged at a game before. Maybe a controller issue, but never at a game.

I was crazy pissed at the God of War game I forced myself to play. This one part, the camera deliberately tries to fuck you over while jumping from beam to beam... I was pissed off, but I forced myself to beat the damn game. I did so just so I could have a complete and honest opinion on the shit series that is GoW..

: P

Honestly, if a form of entertainment is making you truly feel the emotion of RAGE...

Then you're doing it wrong.
You sir, have won the internet.
I am in complete agreement, if someone is feeling the need to lash out violently by punching, hitting and throwing things - they should simply take a break and raid the fridge or something.

If video games are making them that angry at home - where the gamer should be most comfortable, the raging gamer won't stand a chance outside in the real world (consequences and all) in knowing how to deal with truly annoying things like unreasonable bosses at work for example.

I guess I'll wrap this up as I seem to be going off on a tangeant.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Onimusha 1 on PS2. I already hate old Resident Evil-style controls, but I tolerated them because I loved Onimusha 3 and 4 and wanted to give the original a chance. I started enjoying the combat a bit. It's very dry and repetitive, but it still has its charm. But then came the first boss, about half an hour through. His attacks were basically unavoidable. I could block most of them except one, but that one attack was extremely powerful. The controls were too shit for me to dodge them, and three or four hits killed me. I tried it about again and again, always with the same result: I barely touched him and he annihilated me. Every time I got angrier and angrier, and after dying for the thitieth time, I ejected the disc from the PS2 and snapped it in half.

And then I played Onimusha 4, an actually good game. And I was happy again.

Agent Cross

Died And Got Better
Jan 3, 2011
I've gotten pretty frustrated with a game before, campaign and multiplayer, but I've never rage-quit. Overcoming that obstacle in gaming brings me joy, and I usually don't go all out on multiplayer until the situation deems it necessary. So I usually can one up the person that thinks he/she is dominating me by simply turning up the dial. Which can sometimes make everybody else pissed. Thus, I'll wait for things to become dire, and hopefully that's towards the end of a match.

Closest I've ever came to it though. When my brother and I played Super Mario Bros. together when we were little. Everytime I would jump a gap, he would pause the game. Asshole.

infernovolver

Jun 11, 2008
TheYellowCellPhone said:
I hate the person in TF2 who came up with the idea of random critical hits. No, mini-crits and critical hits are fine, if you earn them by doing a specific task. My favorite weapons, such as the Kritzreig, Sniper Rifle, Eyelander, Axetinguisher, and the Frontier Justice all are weapons that reward the player with playing well by giving you critical hits.

But random critical hits? There is literally NO other reason for them to exist BUT to screw some guy over who probably should not have died so fucking pathetically. It's the most chickenshit strategy for a newbie to get ahead over the advanced player, by sheer, bullshitted, 'of COURSE you got that' luck. You have better gear, skill, health, backup, and perception of the problem at hand, BUT YOU WILL FUCKING LOSE BECAUSE OF A 4% CHANCE THAT HAPPENS TO *YOU* AND ONLY *YOU*, AND IT WILL NEVER GO AWAY IN VANILLA SERVERS.

You have four heads on your Eyelander, you're running almost as fast as a Scout, you have more health than a Soldier, you have a shield granting damage resistance to the biggest hitters of damage, BUT THAT ONE SNIPER WILL HIT YOU *ONCE* WITH A CRITWACKA AND END IT

You fighting a Pyro and spamming flames? WHOOPS SON HIS FLAMETHROWER GOT A RANDOM CRIT FUCK YOU

You running around a corner from a Heavy? WELL HEY THERE, I'M JUST A CRIT BULLET THAT HE RANDOMLY GOT THAT IS GOING TO TRAVEL AROUND THE CORNER AND KILL YOU

Trying to melee that fucking Spy who OH HEY ONE CRIT BULLET THAT IS GOING TO SUCK DOWN AT THE MINIMUM HALF OF YOUR HEALTH

Fuck them. But the worst rage I've had is where I screamed myself hoarse (alone at home) and repeatedly bashed on my desk.
Everything mentioned above has made me think about playing a no random crit server, but I've never went through with it. By far the most common thing in your post I've experienced is sniper's critting with melee. Seriously, in the hundreds of hours I've put into the game I could probably count how many times I've been hit with a noncritical sniper melee on both hands. Every other time? Critical instadeath. Probably died more to critical heavy bullets going around corners, but that doesn't feel as bad as the sniper melee BS and it's kind of my fault for not playing on servers where I have low ping.

dcdude171

Oct 16, 2009
Me and my freind were playing dayz , after 4 hours trying to get it to work and meeting up we found 2 shotguns, and some other supplies, we ran into the water to get away from zombies and guess what if you got into the water with gear on it disappears because FUCK YOU

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
Sober Thal said:
Gunner 51 said:
Blah blah blah...

If I had a nickle for every time someone told me I won the internet, I'd be able to buy one of these for all my buddies.

OT: Why give up on anything?

The whole idea is just silly. Try harder. Only losers give up. Losers don't score the prize yo, nor do they rescue the princess.

Hell, even this guy doesn't give up. Even tho he probably should, eh?

*Language warning... not for children...

I just don't see how one is playing a game when they're cheesed off. On the grounds that if you're not having fun and doing something - that's work and not play.

Taking a break while in a lobby or something isn't quite giving up, one is merely calmly recomposing themselves and re-examining their actions which got them killed. This is how the mature person deals with failure.

Screaming obscenities and thrashing about is not going to win the day. Sure you have a task set for you in the game, but it's not worth getting worked up over - the proverbial distressed damsel will be waiting for you when the gamer gets back.

Alternative

Jun 2, 2010
I rage quit FFX recent.

After my party decided it would spend 20 rounds sleeping while one insignificant enemy slowely killed them with fire spells.
What sadistic bastard makes it so that it requires a physical hit to awaken from sleep and then gives the spell that has a 99% chance that the whole party falls asleep to an enemy with no physical attacks.

that and this Mother Fucker right here

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The only time I have ever done that was in a Guild Wars Nightall mission Nundu Bay-

The mission isn't that hard epecially when it's the counterpart to that other hrader mission in the garden. All you have to do it defend the village for a while and then once the threat is gone, you venture out abit and killed the boss, sound easy enough.

At that time there was no parties doing that mission so I waited a while for a party to form up. When I did get into a party it was no suprise that the leader haven't done the mission before (noob) as it was abit difficult during the defending part.

Anyway the worse part was trying to killed the boss and he cleary didn't know what he was doing. There is a obvious diret path to the leader with only a few monster about and going around it is far longer and there are many monsters about.

It took us ages for taking the long route and we eventaully position ourselves behind the boss despite telling them to take the direct route (I did shut up since I know how annoying it is).

I knew attacking the boss at the rear was an bad idea due to the remaining monsters that are roaming about outside that the boss does spawn more minions but I try anyway. It didn't go too well at we were almost wipe out except for the leader. Now here we can still complete it if the leader run away and ressurate us from afar but instead he fought on like some kind of a epic leader in a final showdown, not (he fail epicly).

Once we spawn back into the town, I pretty much had enough of him and let loose calling him a noob, left the party and log on.

JimmyC99

Jul 7, 2010
Alternative said:
that and this Mother Fucker right here

Oh God yes, i hate him, walking in a dark creepy hole, diamonds in your pocket lava all around there's your ladder to home safty and a chest to hide shit in, then from a distance you hear..... something....... then silence was it your imagination........ was it something else........ you reach the bottom of the ladder.. home free or so you thought...... SSSSSsssssss that smug face expanding in horror and sheer hate BANG dead, all your belongings in a lake of lava and your looking at that dead screen rage fills your mind, and yo go on a rampage and kill every dammed testificate/villagers (depending on mods) in the world and not with a sword or a bow, no you spend time on it set up a fucking huge bomb to blow the whole town to small pieces. YOU MADE ME DO IT CREEPER, YOU AND YOUR SUICIDE DICK MOVES

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
Sean Hollyman said:
Like the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time. Music really drove me mental.
A friend of mine just got OoT 3D and he had never played the original, i warned him about the music in the forest temple and when he went into it he was all "this isnt bad" but by the end he had to turn the volume off.

OT: when i was younger i was playing this ps1 digimon fighting game. The game had no saves whatsoever and i spent the entire day beating my way through the game and i got to the last boss fight and i was so pumped up it was the first time i ever got to it. It kills me in one hit literally 1 second into the match, the same thing happened again. So i lost after spending all day on it. Punched the chair i was sitting on really hard. Turns out i was sitting on a METAL futon, the ones with the metal bars lining the underside of it. So i broke my damn hand.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
RJ 17 said:
Judo SNIP!
I didn't mean my beginning of my post to sound like I was chastising you, I just thought that it would better inform my own post. I've become much better at controlling my "competition anger" and have generally stopped flying off the han...

Celtic_Kerr said:
I'm really sorry, but this must be said...

GOAL!
[SIDEBAR] Damn it Youtube! All I wanted was a brief clip of Homer Simpson saying "Urge to Kill...Rising" but you don't have it! How can that small clip NOT have been cut out of the show by now! This is the worst day ever now and you have ruined the joke Youtube, I hope you're happy!

Jokes ruined...I'm going to try anyway, just pretend that this video starts at 6:10 [/SIDEBARE]

...yes....I'm not angry anymore or that would bother me...

In a unrelated event, can I get your address, schedule, and a list of your fears? I have a... free video games for you....yeah....that's not suspicious, right? *shifty eyes