RAGE QUIT!!!1!11!! >:(

Schizocorpse

Feb 21, 2012
Getting my head smashed in by Fat Joe (Def Jam Fight for NY) for the 10th time in the same, slow animation. Cost me a controller that one.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Sober Thal said:
Honestly, if a form of entertainment is making you truly feel the emotion of RAGE...

Then you're doing it wrong.
I'd argue the opposite, if you're not into a game so much that your passion for it ignites into rage whens something BS happens, you're not gaming correctly. *nod nod* :p

gmaverick019 said:
i got so frustrated that I slammed the controller down, picked it up, gripped the living shit out of it, then decided to bite it as hard as I could? Not sure why, was just too angry at the time.

Let me tell you, that bloody hurt after the fact, my gums were killing me for the next hour, hard plastic is not good for your mouth lol

Yeah...since then, I've avoided fighting games a bit.
xD raging so hard that you maul a controler? Yeah...gotta say that's a pretty "good" one. :p

You see, Sober Thal? THAT'S passion for gaming! xD

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
1. Once when playing GTA IV at the part when Roman is kidnapped by Dimitri and is put in a warehouse. I cleared out the entire thing, shot the last guy using Roman as a shield and got Roman out.
When we got into the car waiting for us downstairs, I preceded to drive into a gas container lying perfectly on the ground which exploded, killing me and Roman. If GTA IV had checkpoints, I wouldn't have turned the Xbox off, but I couldn't continue after that until the next day.

2. Dragon Age 2, doing Merril's companion quest in act 2 to get the thing that repairs the mirror. I kept getting killed by the big spider thing.
If the little regular spiders didn't kill my whole party, that thing did because it spawned more regular spiders. I eventually just gave te PS3 version back to my friend (I was borrowing it) and bought it on PC to cheat past that part.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
brick wall bosses in many jrpgs, ive said screw this so many times on different games, the last jrpg one was The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky's last boss.

The last game i rage quited was rocket knight adventures, freaking awesome game btw.
But there's a mid boss with no checkpoint which takes a annoyingly long time to kill, 5 minutes, (this is a 2d platformer so a boss like this really kills the flow) (for me anyways) and is very boring to beat, only to screw up on the platform right after it and low and behold there was no checkpoint. So yeah rage quitting but ill be back on this one.

Ill admit my rage quitting story's aren't full of rage, i don't you know go crazy over a game.

But i sort of like the feeling of rage quitting so....

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
I used to rage at games alot more when I was a teenager, but it mostly resulted in me screaming at a TV, with a total of one broken controller.

These days if I get annoyed with a game, I just stop playing. I can't be doing with getting stressed out when i'm supposed to be having fun.

Sep 14, 2009
Random Fella said:
gmaverick019 said:
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Yeah aren't they just the funnest thing ever *eyetwitch*

For some reason if the same spy kills me over and over it just drives me insane. Seems so cheap when you are on the receiving end.
well that's just it, with even remotely decent gear, any spy can be the biggest piece of shit in the world, they can sit in any random corner that people usually don't run into, but run by, and get bare minimum one kill.

a remotely decent percent with JUST okay gear as a spy? most annoying fucking thing in the world, even as a pyro, you won't counter them sometimes just on the fact they can either sometimes jump into water or have the dead ringer and it's hard as hell to chase them down when you don't remotely run as fast or same speed as them.
You do realise that the pyro has the exact same speed as the spy right?
Also, what do you mean by gear? The best gear for spy is the vanilla gear, which you get at the start of the game
Dead ringer is pretty op though tbh
yeah, but when you are chasing the dead ringer for that split second or two, then they are gone around some random corner and your fucked on finding them disregarding blind luck.

vanilla gear? err...nearly every "good" (and by good, i mean bloody annoying) spy i have played against uses anything BUT the vanilla gear, as it usually allows them to corner camp or something depending on what they are using, especially one of those damn crit pistols (i dont remember the name of most of it, I hate the spy class with a passion so obviously it's my least played class)

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
Black Arrow Officer said:

Just look at all the holes in his room! I also love how he blames the keyboard and monitor for him messing up.
thats the sort of guy who shouldn't be allowed money to spend on things like that, i really hope that place wasn't rented.

guh sorry for going of topic, but that just makes me rage, well i guess i better punch a hole in my wall. /sarcasm.

Sep 14, 2009
RJ 17 said:
Sober Thal said:
Honestly, if a form of entertainment is making you truly feel the emotion of RAGE...

Then you're doing it wrong.
I'd argue the opposite, if you're not into a game so much that your passion for it ignites into rage whens something BS happens, you're not gaming correctly. *nod nod* :p

gmaverick019 said:
i got so frustrated that I slammed the controller down, picked it up, gripped the living shit out of it, then decided to bite it as hard as I could? Not sure why, was just too angry at the time.

Let me tell you, that bloody hurt after the fact, my gums were killing me for the next hour, hard plastic is not good for your mouth lol

Yeah...since then, I've avoided fighting games a bit.
xD raging so hard that you maul a controler? Yeah...gotta say that's a pretty "good" one. :p

You see, Sober Thal? THAT'S passion for gaming! xD
haha well, the tv and game system are...more important, and the controller is what you use to beat the guys....AND IT WASN'T LETTING ME DO THAT. (spastic excuse trying to blame something)

Have you ever gotten so frustrated that you didn't know what to do? (basically how the middle finger was probably invented)

That was me with that damn controller, the instinct to hurt the controller took over :p

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
I don't rage anymore, simply because I stopped playing multiplayer games. Mutliplayer just really made me so angry when things didn't work out, and I kinda hated myself for getting angry at a dumb ol' game. I don't really know what the difference is, but I've never raged at a single player game, and I like it that way :D

Besides, playing alone is much better, right?

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Worst nerd rage I have ever seen: Ex boyfriend punches me because I get server first ZG raptor in WOW.
That's seriously digusting, good to see there's an "ex" in front of that bf.

Don't play wow so what is a ZG raptor and what was so particular about being the first to do it that it led to...that? :S

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Frankster said:
Worst nerd rage I have ever seen: Ex boyfriend punches me because I get server first ZG raptor in WOW.
That's seriously digusting, good to see there's an "ex" in front of that bf.

Don't play wow so what is a ZG raptor and what was so particular about being the first to do it that it led to...that? :S
It was a really rare drop in a reasonably difficult dungeon amd I guess he was jealous? I don't really know. Tbh he was a bit of an ass and I'm better off without him.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
I never went too far, I usually know when to stop, as in when I'm squeezing and bending the controller so hard that I can literally hear the inside of it moving.

n00beffect

May 8, 2009
RJ 17 said:
Having had enough with these bullshit players and their bullshit tactics, I stood up, threw my controler, and turned around to punch a hole in the wall. Turning back around, I see that my controler had found its way into my TV set, requiring that I get a new one.
LOL. I had a simillar expirience once. It involved me, my foot and my oldest, boxy monitor. You know, the kind of monitors you never see any more, the proper old-school ones. Also, the back of my wall, which apparantly had been made out of cardboard, because when I kicked my monitor, it lodged itself right inside. Should've taken a picture, but as I would soon find out, I was suffering what I now understand to be some puny, teenage attempt at a nervous breakdown. Got as far as the door before I collapsed, waking up a couple of hours later in my bed. I forgot to mention that almost all of my equipment was destroyed in the whole 'accident'. Keyboard was snapped in two over my knee and now there were buttons all over the room; the mouse had lost its cover and now you could see the inner workings of all of the wheels as you moved it.

It was rather embarassing, really.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Yesterday I was playing World of Tanks and was trying to get the 3x exp bonus for the AMX 12t. Basically, each tank's first victory each day grants you the bonus. So, when I lost three games in a row I was like, "Alright no biggy this has happened before". After losing six games in a row I was like, "alright this is getting a bit annoying but surely I'll win the next match." After losing nine games I was like,"OK what the fuck game this is really starting to piss me off." Finally after losing twelve games, "Fuck this shit I'm done."

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
It was a really rare drop in a reasonably difficult dungeon amd I guess he was jealous? I don't really know. Tbh he was a bit of an ass and I'm better off without him.
So a rare drop and he doesn't get it but gf does and that's what made him angry? Jeezus h christ...
Talk about messed up priorities.

Yeh I think it's safe to say you could do better.

G32420NL

Jul 3, 2012
Zetatrain said:
Yesterday I was playing World of Tanks and was trying to get the 3x exp bonus for the AMX 12t. Basically, each tank's first victory each day grants you the bonus. So, when I lost three games in a row I was like, "Alright no biggy this has happened before". After losing six games in a row I was like, "alright this is getting a bit annoying but surely I'll win the next match." After losing nine games I was like,"OK what the fuck game this is really starting to piss me off." Finally after losing twelve games, "Fuck this shit I'm done."
Haha, world of tanks has many of these moments for me :p never really get angry, just... dissapointed sometimes. atleast te amx 12t is a good upgrade from te amx 40 :)

Problem is that you can perform really good and it wont mean jack because the other flank was completly deserted or your arty is looking at flowers or butterfly's "-.-

But i will never go around and yell noob or something, everyone has bad rounds but still it can be frustrating.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Creator002 said:
1. Once when playing GTA IV at the part when Roman is kidnapped by Dimitri and is put in a warehouse. I cleared out the entire thing, shot the last guy using Roman as a shield and got Roman out.
When we got into the car waiting for us downstairs, I preceded to drive into a gas container lying perfectly on the ground which exploded, killing me and Roman. If GTA IV had checkpoints, I wouldn't have turned the Xbox off, but I couldn't continue after that until the next day.

2. Dragon Age 2, doing Merril's companion quest in act 2 to get the thing that repairs the mirror. I kept getting killed by the big spider thing.
If the little regular spiders didn't kill my whole party, that thing did because it spawned more regular spiders. I eventually just gave te PS3 version back to my friend (I was borrowing it) and bought it on PC to cheat past that part.
Oh wait that reminds me I have fear quit before. I was trying to get Merril's second armour piece and the Monstrous Spider came down. Of all the spiders I at least have a second to close my eyes and pause the game to set it to auto attack, but it covered every centre metre of the fucking screen. I turned off my xbox, didn't go back on for 3 days and never went back. Please no sadistic bastard post a picture of a spider. Huge arachnophobiac over here. Still can't play Skyrim.

yaydod

Nov 29, 2011
I don't really rage quit, more like "fuke this I'm gone", last time this happened wit Diablo3, loged in the game, always have some "starting lag" witch is usually not too important but this time the game decided to spawn a group of elites on me... so yeah I couldn't ALT+F4 fast enough.

Other game that i think is deliberately taking the piss out of me is The Binding of Isaac, when i play i very often get crappy items or just no bombs or keys sometimes even both.
Except when i brother plays it, in 3 plays he got the item "epic fetus" which is one of the best items in the game, but what makes me rage is that i NEVER EVER got that damn item even after kicking Satan's hairy bum TWICE.