Rape Games Banned in Japan, For Real

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
RedMenace said:
Anachronism said:
Tighter restrictions on packaging and game titles are expected to take effect almost immediately, however; changing the name [http://www.syrup-soft.jp/top/index2.html] of its upcoming game Gang Raped by the Entire Village ~Girls Covered in Milky Liquid~ to The Trap Set by the Entire Village ~Bodies Covered in Milky Liquid~. It's a subtle distinction, yes, but apparently adequate; in-game content will not be modified.
For God's sake. Why do people feel compelled to make these games; and more importantly, why do people buy them?!
So that I don't have to live out my evil perverted fantasies in the real world? *runs away and hides under a rock* [/joke]
Fair enough, although I'm pretty sure you can get non-rape based erotic games (besides the DOA girls).

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Rajin Cajun said:
Caliostro said:
Rape Games Banned in Japan, For Real
Bad journalism. The title is misleading.

They weren't banned, they might be refused a rating but they are not banned.

Rajin Cajun said:
Any culture that finds rape acceptable and entertaining should be wiped off the face of the earth. I don't give two shits about Japan but they continue to make me question whether or not the USSR and USA would have been better off wiping that shitty little island off the map in the first place.
Here we go again with the ignorant half-baked commentaries.

What about murder? Is murder acceptable? should we wipe you off the face of the earth because you find killing others acceptable?
Murder does not equal combat so nice fallacy since I was discussing killing off the whole lot during the Second World War.
Actually, thats a good point. Although that said, I found the firethrower in CoD5 abit too distrubing frankly. I know its only a game, but it still seemed quite horrific for a combat game.

As for murder games, Manhunt 1 and 2, probably. Interesting side note - Manhunt 2 was the only game since Carmageddon to get effectively banned in the UK. I'm guessing because its little more than an actual murder simulator, but given I've not played it (and don't really want to) I can't state for sure.

Ventuquies

May 7, 2009
Rajin Cajun said:
Any culture that finds rape acceptable and entertaining should be wiped off the face of the earth. I don't give two shits about Japan but they continue to make me question whether or not the USSR and USA would have been better off wiping that shitty little island off the map in the first place.
These are computer games, they are aimed at specific people which find this kind of game arousing. Its nothing more and not about a whole society accepting rape and being sick (well,actually i don't like Japanese very much, but here I have to defend them a bit)

People which like this kind of game will not run around wildely and rape girls. You are talking like people are brainless idiots which have to be controlled to never do something wrong. Many can very well distinguish the difference between reality and a game. Its a bit like saying movies in which people are shot should be forbidden because it makes us all to murders because we already saw someone die.. I guess this would just mean 99% of all movies in the world should be forbidden. People which tell people that they are too stupid to not get sick in their brain and therefore need to control what they can watch and watch not is a bit odd..

P.S.: Yes, I played some of these games. Some show quite hot sex which is entertaining hehe.. Personally I still feel like a normal person but.. BETTER RUN PEOPLE, RUN!! *FEELING ZOMBIE TRANSFORMATION*

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Malygris said:
changing the name [http://www.syrup-soft.jp/top/index2.html] of its upcoming game Gang Raped by the Entire Village ~Girls Covered in Milky Liquid~ to The Trap Set by the Entire Village ~Bodies Covered in Milky Liquid~.
I would like to meet the person who comes up with these names. I suppose it loses some of its poetic quality in translation.

vamp rocks

Aug 27, 2008
hahahah! imagine getting that for christmas... lol

Ventuquies said:
People which like this kind of game will not run around wildely and rape girls. You are talking like people are brainless idiots which have to be controlled to never do something wrong. Many can very well distinguish the difference between reality and a game. Its a bit like saying movies in which people are shot should be forbidden because it makes us all to murders because we already saw someone die.. I guess this would just mean 99% of all movies in the world should be forbidden. People which tell people that they are too stupid to not get sick in their brain and therefore need to control what they can watch and watch not is a bit odd..
but you seem to forget... we all play violent video games and we all go out and kill people? ..... or at least thats what the news tells me?? lol

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
It'll take more than this to stop Japanese game developers from making the sick, perverted games that keeps their businessmen happy.

Chances are they'll just move on to a new form of depraved entertainment...like SODOMY!

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
thenumberthirteen said:
Malygris said:
changing the name [http://www.syrup-soft.jp/top/index2.html] of its upcoming game Gang Raped by the Entire Village ~Girls Covered in Milky Liquid~ to The Trap Set by the Entire Village ~Bodies Covered in Milky Liquid~.
I would like to meet the person who comes up with these names. I suppose it loses some of its poetic quality in translation.
I don't think 'peotic' is how it sounds, even in Japanese....I could be wrong, of course, and they could have an entire peotic tradition based around rape, but I doubt...well, its Japan, its possible.

Nemo from Utopia

Apr 9, 2009
these games just prove how sick men are. not trying to belittle people for their fantasies (its not like im an angel, we've all done things we probably shouldnt) but just the thought that there are people out there who would play a game that simulates raping someone makes me feel ill.

they shouldnt HAVE to ban these kinds of games, people should just realise that this is crossing the line into beastial depravity and not buy them, then they'll stop getting made.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Rajin Cajun said:
Murder does not equal combat so nice fallacy since I was discussing killing off the whole lot during the Second World War.
Murder is murder.

You do not have to kill someone in combat, but I'm willing to bet money you always go for that headshot don't you so you can feel like you're that awesome don't you? In fact the game might even reward you for it. Many games will even reward you for your sadism in the kill like that.

And in many games it's not even combat, it's just murder: Saints Row, GTA, Postal, any other game with innocent bystanders you can kill... etc.

Nice fallacy though.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Caliostro said:
Rajin Cajun said:
Murder is murder.

You do not have to kill someone in combat, but I'm willing to bet money you always go for that headshot don't you so you can feel like you're that awesome don't you? In fact the game might even reward you for it. Many games will even reward you for your sadism in the kill like that.

And in many games it's not even combat, it's just murder: Saints Row, GTA, Postal, any other game with innocent bystanders you can kill... etc.

Nice fallacy though.
Sadism: The derivation of pleasure as a result of inflicting pain or watching pain inflicted on others.

Hence, a headshot is not sadism. Add to that, most combat games do not showcase the agnony of combat. Again, Manhunt is one of the few expections, and I doubt half as many people play that as the typical combat game.

Rape is all about the pain and suffering inflicted on the victims through control. If thats not present, it isn't really rape. Its centred around a massively different area of our pyschy than combat. And further, given most combat games are centred around the multiplayer, its hard to accept that its murder when the guy you just shot pops up again 1 minute later, alive and well.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
I don't mind if it isn't banned.

1) It's a game, there isn't a real child crying in a basement because it's been released.

2) You people act disgusted after killing thousands of "people"? I think you make me sick for your hypocrisy.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
WrongSprite said:

1) It's a game, there isn't a real child crying in a basement because it's been released.

2) You people act disgusted after killing thousands of "people"? I think you make me sick for your hypocrisy.
Again, "people" who are extremely quick to rise from the dead and attempt to shot us back. On top of that, (aside from Manhunt) is there a combat game about torturing the enemy? Or one where main thing is to cause the enemy agnony before they die?

Nemo from Utopia

Apr 9, 2009
Caliostro said:
Rajin Cajun said:
Murder is murder.

Nice fallacy though.
good point...so are you saying that since it is culturally acceptable to kill/murder people in games that anything goes? how about peodophillia? although looking at some of the girls in these games they're pretty much borderline if not there already.

also for the most part combat or 'murder' games, to coin a phrase, dont involve the killing taking more than a few seconds of gun fire (for instance) and is only one aspect of the game. rather than being the whole game and involving a form of torture lasting long periods of time.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Doug said:
WrongSprite said:

Again, "people" who are extremely quick to rise from the dead and attempt to shot us back. On top of that, (aside from Manhunt) is there a combat game about torturing the enemy? Or one where main thing is to cause the enemy agnony before they die?
Have you played GTA4?

Little confused with your first sentence also.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
They've finally made up their minds then. I'd have thought a game about rape would be banned easily, especially since you play as the rapist.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
WrongSprite said:
Doug said:
WrongSprite said:

Have you played GTA4?

Little confused with your first sentence also.
Yeah, I have. Again, I missed the 'Press X to torture' scene. And my first sentence was in reference to online multiplayer, where the majority of the 'people killing' happens. Add to that, the infinite respawning enemies in games like CoD4.