Rapture Tomorrow

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
Hey, if it is true. I'm prepared to do some looting! Who's with me?

Seriously though, at best some kind of panic will occur when people don't get sent off and some kind of injuries will occur from that.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
As of the moment that I write this 2:08 PST, it is currently May 21st in nine different time zones (including Jerusalem).

And the world continues to turn.

Dane Tesston

Jul 27, 2010
It's going to be just an other Saturday. The worst thing I have to worry about tomorrow is the family getting into another argument. And on the off chance that the world does end, I'm a pretty decent guy, maybe the god I don't believe in will show pity on me.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Yureina said:
That's bloody amazing.

I'm in Iowa for the Rapture so I guess I could make a fortune running a scheme like that here.
Ty hun.

LoFr3Eq

Oct 15, 2008
I can't believe that this crackpot is getting more than average news coverage compared to other doomsday theorists. In my lifetime (22 years) there has probably been more than 10 "End of the world" or "Rapture" events, and so far I'm pretty sure that none has been true.

I remember in 2nd form (some time in 2001), some people were saying that the world would end on some arbitrary day. My only response to them was, "If the worlds ends tonight, can I have all your Pokemon cards?"

Considering that this guy Harold Camping has predicted the rapture on no less than 2 previous occasions, I call crazy scaremongering bullshit on this one.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Wuggy said:
It's 21st here already. No rapture in sight. Which is good, I get to finish LA Noire before I get cast down to hell.
Well, actually The Rapture means that the faithful get taken up to heaven before a lot of the stuff from "The Book Of Revelations" happens, which is pretty much your last chance to repent. It's pretty much God and The Devil have their final battle and you get to be in the crossfire, the four horsemen of the apocolypse go charging around, all that stuff. Odds are if you weren't chosen you wouldn't notice anything until at least the 22nd anyway, the end of it transpires in like October by this theory, and that's when if your still consuming oxygen and haven't been saved you get cast down, or perhaps if meek get to inherit the earth which is one of those things I don't quite "get" of course given what's liable to be left of it probably won't be fun to live on.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm just saying you should at least understand the dogma beore dismissing it. Really, to be absolutly sure, you'd pretty much have to be sitting here in five months on the 21st. Right now now when the 21st for Jerusalum passes all you can really say with authority if your still here is that you aren't saved, and were't around anyone that was. Given that this accounts for a very tiny portion of people probably, that may or may not mean much with this still being potentially accurate.

Now, I'm not a deeply spiritual Christian, and I don't quite buy this date, I believe by some beliefs when The Rapture happens your supposed to hear Gabriel's Horn, and Michael's Sword is going to shear the stars from the sky, though I could be wrong about that. That's potentially a sign someone who isn't saved can see to let them know what happened.

Your probably right that nothing will happen of course, especially seeing as no man is supposed to know the date (only god), but at least have the respect to hold off on the levity about a failure until you know... the prophecy has actually failed.

lettucethesallad

Nov 18, 2009
According to this man, the world will end in one big earthquake. Seeing as the tectonic plates don't really work that way, there's no real reason to pay attention at all. I have a hard time believing anyone outside of the Bible belt going for this.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
I'll believe it when my bible thumping relatives get the hell off my back!!

Then I shall rise up as the anti-Crysis!

And crash the un-ascended one's computers!

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Lyri said:
Yureina said:
That's bloody amazing.

I'm in Iowa for the Rapture so I guess I could make a fortune running a scheme like that here.
Ty hun.
Your welcome!

[sub]Send me some of the profits! XD[/sub]

So... I am trying to decide what game I should play tomorrow... with the world ending and all. Can anyone help me with a suggestion? I was thinking New Vegas. :eek:

jumjalalabash

Jan 25, 2010
Good riddance if all the Christians disappear. It's bound to open some good jobs so thats a plus for me.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
When I see the title of the thread: Wait, Andrew Ryan has been resurrected and started another oceanic floor colony that is surely doomed due to genetic manipulation?

Ok, this man needs to put away his bibles. Talk about delusional and obsessed.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Vanguard_Ex said:
I think I will never, ever understand how people can put so much into something that they have no real incentive to believe...I mean people are selling their fucking possessions in preparation for this thing man.

Incidentally, what is the purpose of that? If the world is to end then who needs possessions anyway, why not just hold on to them just in case...
If god exists then this is how he weeds out the stupid. Or at least it's one of the ways.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
What I say every time someone brings this up:

(Speaking of the rapture) "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Matthew 24:36

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
LoFr3Eq said:
I can't believe that this crackpot is getting more than average news coverage compared to other doomsday theorists. In my lifetime (22 years) there has probably been more than 10 "End of the world" or "Rapture" events, and so far I'm pretty sure that none has been true.

I remember in 2nd form (some time in 2001), some people were saying that the world would end on some arbitrary day. My only response to them was, "If the worlds ends tonight, can I have all your Pokemon cards?"

Considering that this guy Harold Camping has predicted the rapture on no less than 2 previous occasions, I call crazy scaremongering bullshit on this one.
Well, maybe, maybe not. While I have my doubts on the prophecy, Harold Camping seems like someone who is obsessed with the idea of The End Of The World and is trying to come up with formulas that predict it, when according to the religion he himself practices it is defined as being impossible. If only god will know the date, and you believe in prophecy to begin with, that sort of means that anyone who screamed "Eureaka I know when the world will end" is by definition going to be wrong just by saying so.

If we DO see a prediction, God's normal MO seems to be to send a prophet. Unlike the guys wandering around with Sandwich boards screaming "the end is neigh", such prophets typically have saintlike powers, so in all likelyhood is liable to have some method of demonstrating he's not just some crazy if he is actually speaking for god. Skeptics of course will disbelieve or continue to follow other religions, but the guy won't ever be disproven, and that will kind of be a sign to the faithful. I'd anticipate he'd be doing something fairly flashy. This guy is apparently an engineer trying to determine the apocolypse with math, and as far as Christian relgiion goes, that doesn't seem like something that should work, despite "The Bible Codes" (look them up) which can be pretty creepy in their accuracy at times.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
Is that what this rapture thing is all about? The May 21st end of the world? If so then I am disappointed, I thought I was going to see Andrew Ryan :(

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
Well... There's just one more thing to do, than.

PARTEH @ MAI HOOSE! YEAH!

Spammed 50 times over facebook and twitter, not naming your address oddly enough.