Rapture Tomorrow

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Jesus'll come and he'll be like "Hey, dudes, what's up?" Then he'll go away and it will be business as usual. Except that we'll loose a whole bunch of original copies of certain extremely stupid, but for some reason very popular TV shows.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Randy Savage already prevented it. He died so he could wrestle God into submission.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I'm on holiday from work this week. Not because of this but at least I will see the end of the world from my bean bag!

MoNKeyYy

Evidence or GTFO
Jun 29, 2010
Aren't all the devout christians supposed to be spirited into heaven while the rest of us are left to rot? I think the real question here should be - Why is no one looking forward to the loss of all those lovely fundamentalists?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Roamin11 said:
I'll believe it when my bible thumping relatives get the hell off my back!!

Then I shall rise up as the anti-Crysis!

And crash the un-ascended one's computers!
...Wouldn't the Anti-Crysis actually cause computers to work with no stress?

OT: I guess my Dad's getting the most epic birthday party in his life. And then we'll sleep it off and continue on.

LoFr3Eq

Oct 15, 2008
Are the bible codes you talk about the ones that are like "The bible always adds up to 7!" or the ones that are like "We put the bible and the 9/11 report into a computer and found lots of matchups!"

Because the former exists in nature and would have been observed by bible authors, and the latter can actually get anything to come from anything.

On the show "John Safran vs. God" he got hold of someone with the program used to find the 9/11 report in the bible and they did lots of crazy stuff, like see if the lyrics from Vanilla Ice's back catalogue could predict 9/11. It did even better than the bible. They then went a step further and checked if the 9/11 report against the career of Vanilla Ice and his eventual downfall and it found his name several times, "Ice Ice baby", and other words that could only be associated wuth Vanilla Ice.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
Well this is obviously complete rubbish: everyone knows that the world ends on 12/12/2012 anyway. It's just a fact.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
Therumancer said:
Wuggy said:
It's 21st here already. No rapture in sight. Which is good, I get to finish LA Noire before I get cast down to hell.
Well, actually The Rapture means that the faithful get taken up to heaven before a lot of the stuff from "The Book Of Revelations" happens, which is pretty much your last chance to repent. It's pretty much God and The Devil have their final battle and you get to be in the crossfire, the four horsemen of the apocolypse go charging around, all that stuff. Odds are if you weren't chosen you wouldn't notice anything until at least the 22nd anyway, the end of it transpires in like October by this theory, and that's when if your still consuming oxygen and haven't been saved you get cast down, or perhaps if meek get to inherit the earth which is one of those things I don't quite "get" of course given what's liable to be left of it probably won't be fun to live on.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm just saying you should at least understand the dogma beore dismissing it. Really, to be absolutly sure, you'd pretty much have to be sitting here in five months on the 21st. Right now now when the 21st for Jerusalum passes all you can really say with authority if your still here is that you aren't saved, and were't around anyone that was. Given that this accounts for a very tiny portion of people probably, that may or may not mean much with this still being potentially accurate.

Now, I'm not a deeply spiritual Christian, and I don't quite buy this date, I believe by some beliefs when The Rapture happens your supposed to hear Gabriel's Horn, and Michael's Sword is going to shear the stars from the sky, though I could be wrong about that. That's potentially a sign someone who isn't saved can see to let them know what happened.

Your probably right that nothing will happen of course, especially seeing as no man is supposed to know the date (only god), but at least have the respect to hold off on the levity about a failure until you know... the prophecy has actually failed.
Whoah, hold your (four, if you can excuse the pun) horses there, fella. I was making a joke. I do actually know what 'rapture' means by definition but that didn't fit to my little joke there.

In all seriousness (or as much seriousness I can channel when discussing matters like these), I do not believe a rapture, or anything of the sort, is ever going to happen. But that may have something to do with me being an atheist.

LoFr3Eq

Oct 15, 2008
RJ Dalton said:
Jesus'll come and he'll be like "Hey, dudes, what's up?" Then he'll go away and it will be business as usual. Except that we'll loose a whole bunch of original copies of certain extremely stupid, but for some reason very popular TV shows.
But then when the aliens from Omicron-Persiei 8 come what will we do if they want to watch lost episodes of Ally McBeal?

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
It'd better not be true I have plans for after May 21st and they'll be harder to execute during 150 days of hell on earth.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
MoNKeyYy said:
Aren't all the devout christians supposed to be spirited into heaven while the rest of us are left to rot? I think the real question here should be - Why is no one looking forward to the loss of all those lovely fundamentalists?
Probably because the "unsaved" are supposed to endure 150 days of natural disasters until God destroys the Earth in October. Not saying its happening thats just the full belief.

Dragonforce525

Sep 13, 2009
Well I just found out that they're making a UK version of the Jersey Shore called Geordie Shore, so at this point I'm really hoping the world does end tomorrow.

Pariah87

Jul 9, 2009
Yureina said:
So... I am trying to decide what game I should play tomorrow... with the world ending and all. Can anyone help me with a suggestion? I was thinking New Vegas. :eek:
Darksiders, just to tempt fate.

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
These crazy people need to wake up and realize that this only hurts how people view religion. It's to the point where I can't even mention Christianity in public without starting some sort of religion bashing marathon. I assure everybody that the majority of Christians agree this is bullshit, and that it is just a small sect of loonies that is ruining it for everyone. I predict tomorrow will be the day a lot of people lose their faith in Jesus when the world keeps on spinning. In the mean time I am going to worship somebody who is generally liked by most people who know of him: Stephen Fry.