Ratcliffe declassified Russian intelligence assessment that claims Hillary was setting up a plan to connect Trump campaign to Russian hacking

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Ah yes Hillary Clinton whose husband signed every trade agreement with CCP China, lied about confronting China in the campaign for president to score political points. Bill Clinton is the plurality of the reason China even exists as it is today. And there were allegations of communist Chinese Officials bribing his campaign.
I think you misspelled Richard Nixon there, sport.

Reactions: MrCalavera

lil devils x

šŸMore Lego Goats Please!šŸ
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ
I can tell IT is one of the few fields youā€™re not fluent in. Having some doofus in a black suit with a pistol standing next to it is NOT control of a server.
I know that silly. I am saying that one of those doofuses in a black suit who was part of US cybersecurity said he worked on her server as well. She had like two of her IT security guys working on it plus the secret service cyber guy. Hillary didn't necessarily need to know about her security herself to have it well protected. They worked on her server along with Bill's secure server as even former presidents are privy to classified information. She couldn't answer questions about her server, but that does not mean there wasn't any. She had at least 3 IT guys who did however. I thought everyone watched all this when it happened? They( US intel) wouldn't allow the secret service guy to answer questions publicly though just that he existed and had worked on her server. The fact that her server was guarded 24/7 by secret service however means that it is highly improbable of it ever being physically tampered with.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I know that silly. I am saying that one of those doofuses in a black suit who was part if US cybersecurity said he worked on her server as well. She had like two of her IT security guys working on it plus the secret service cyber guy. Hillary didn't necessarily need to know about her security herself to have it well protected. They worked on her server along with Bill's secure server as even former presidents are privy to classified information.
They donā€™t need a home server to view that information. A secure remote connection using a government laptop would be sufficient for the mere purpose of viewing the material. And none of the sexy stuff is kept on a server with a remote connection either, thatā€™s all on air-gapped networks, assuming there is an electronic copy at all. So sheā€™s aside from those three, what other security countermeasures were in place?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ
They donā€™t need a home server to view that information. A secure remote connection using a government laptop would be sufficient for the mere purpose of viewing the material. And none of the sexy stuff is kept on a server with a remote connection either, thatā€™s all on air-gapped networks, assuming there is an electronic copy at all. So sheā€™s aside from those three, what other security countermeasures were in place?
No, they don't NEED a secure home server, however, the government servers WERE hacked and hers showed no evidence of it ever being hacked was the issue.
They didn't tell us what security she had in place, US intel wouldn't let the secret service cyber guy even testify and the solution provider who managed her server didn'y comply with the republican committee's requests. If Clinton's emails had been on the government server, chances are she would have been hacked along with the rest of them... They likely were not where they were initially looking for them in the first place. They did say though that the guy had worked on her Server, along with Bills AND their foundation severs.

They rolled back a lot of the initial information later that had been previously published after investigating and finding it was not true. Though it looks as though wiki was never updated to reflect the results of the investigation that showed that those earlier reports were false, but that is wiki for you.

TBH, at this point, I wonder if they are actually more irritated that her emails weren't there to be hacked than that they found no evidence that her private server had been hacked.
Meanwhile, people are still talking about this while it seems all of Trumps Administration has been using private email for official business, and of course Trump being the biggest threat to US intelligence due to him repeatedly blabbering out classified information at will..

Last edited:
Reactions: Worgen

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
No, they don't NEED a secure home server, however, the government servers WERE hacked and hers showed no evidence of it ever being hacked was the issue.
They didn't tell us what security she had in place, US intel wouldn't let the secret service cyber guy even testify and the solution provider who managed her server didn'y comply with the republican committee's requests. If Clinton's emails had been on the government server, chances are she would have been hacked along with the rest of them... They likely were not where they were initially looking for them in the first place. They did say though that the guy had worked on her Server, along with Bills AND their foundation severs.

They rolled back a lot of the initial information later that had been previously published after investigating and finding it was not true. Though it looks as though wiki was never updated to reflect the results of the investigation that showed that those earlier reports were false, but that is wiki for you.

TBH, at this point, I wonder if they are actually more irritated that her emails weren't there to be hacked than that they found no evidence that her private server had been hacked.
Meanwhile, people are still talking about this while it seems all of Trumps Administration has been using private email for official business, and of course Trump being the biggest threat to US intelligence due to him repeatedly blabbering out classified information at will..

I still get my dander about this - and very specifically this - because as someone who's worked in the IT industry and had the privilege of being instructed by experts on this sort of thing, I at the very least recognise it for the negligence it represents. And I resent it. I resent that they somehow convinced trained professionals to go against every best practice and do this very stupid thing.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ
I still get my dander about this - and very specifically this - because as someone who's worked in the IT industry and had the privilege of being instructed by experts on this sort of thing, I at the very least recognise it for the negligence it represents. And I resent it. I resent that they somehow convinced trained professionals to go against every best practice and do this very stupid thing.
Are you more mad about this specifically than about Trump's entire administration, including himself continuing to use personal unsecured devices and private emails? I mean, private servers can be more secure, than say the AOL email that Colin Powell was using. AOL gets hacked all the time here. You're upset that she had her IT guy and the secret service secure her server for her? Of all things to be upset about, tbh would be people using services like AOL where you don't even know where the physical servers are stored and anyone without security clearance at all can access them. When you look at what was done before and after Hillary, I am not sure what makes her situation any worse here. I see her as being singled out when everyone around her was doing even worse, especially since it was Powell who instructed her to use private email. How are they even supposed to physically obtain the AOL servers that Powell used to ensure they were safe? They couldn't and in his case, he was DoD, he should have known better. Why is Hillary doing it somehow more outrage inducing here? George W Bush used a private server too, but no one cared about that either. It is only a problem when Hillary did it, AFTER being instructed to.

Who in their right mind would use AOL of all things?!

Last edited:
Reactions: Worgen

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Are you more mad about this specifically than about Trump's entire administration, including himself continuing to use personal unsecured devices and private emails? I mean, private servers can be more secure, than say the AOL email that Colin Powell was using. AOL gets hacked all the time here. You're upset that she had her IT guy and the secret service secure her server for her? Of all things to be upset about, tbh would be people using services like AOL where you don't even know where the physical servers are stored and anyone without security clearance at all can access them. When you look at what was done before and after Hillary, I am not sure what makes her situation any worse here. I see her as being singled out when everyone around her was doing even worse. How are they even supposed to physically obtain the AOL servers that Powell used to ensure they were safe? They couldn't and in his case, he was DoD, he should have known better.

Who in their right mind would use AOL of all things?!
If I were in any way connected with IT Security in the current Administration, I would be neck deep in drink all the time. Because almost every item listed here is just beyond stupid. Its a shame really because I've always viewed Colin Powell as being very intelligent so that's disappointing to me.

With that said, no, AOL servers would not (I hope) be open slather. Depending on what they're doing, people employed in Data Centres can have incredibly high security clearances. Also, AOL can have servers it uses for its public facing services that Joe and Wendy Fartknocker can sign up and use and also much higher secure ones it rents out to government and/or private enterprise. Although again, it is unlikely based on previous evidence that they were doing that.

All in all, it sounds like a fucking shambles.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ
If I were in any way connected with IT Security in the current Administration, I would be neck deep in drink all the time. Because almost every item listed here is just beyond stupid. Its a shame really because I've always viewed Colin Powell as being very intelligent so that's disappointing to me.

With that said, no, AOL servers would not (I hope) be open slather. Depending on what they're doing, people employed in Data Centres can have incredibly high security clearances. Also, AOL can have servers it uses for its public facing services that Joe and Wendy Fartknocker can sign up and use and also much higher secure ones it rents out to government and/or private enterprise. Although again, it is unlikely based on previous evidence that they were doing that.

All in all, it sounds like a fucking shambles.
Yea, AOL was terribly lax from my understanding and I thought there was that whole thing of them dumping their old servers and people were using magnets to get information off of them a long ass time ago. I thought the problem with AOL and Yahoo mail and such from years back was that it was built to allow a backdoor for employers to be able to see their employees email and why certain employers made all their employees use it specifically so they could be sure no trade secrets and what not were being leaked. My dad, who was an engineer working for Texas Instruments and General Electric would refuse to use his work email outside of work because he knew they were reading everything in there regardless and it annoyed him. He would always tell us not to send anything private to his work email and to use his other email for that because of it. I heard similar from the Security guy who did the bank security, so I thought this is a pretty well known thing as far as I knew.

AHH here is some on that:
Stop using god accounts

In addition, those accounts get hacked all the time..

Last edited:

ralfy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 21, 2008
What about them using AOL or other email services that keep getting hacked repeatedly like Collin Powell did before Hillary? Then all of Trump's Administration who have done so as well? Trump refused to secure his devices for a while at all.. If you want to prosecute Hillary for using a private server protected by secret service 24/7 you think they should also do so to every former and current admin who has done so as well including the sitting president? She didn't do anything worse than everyone else did before and after her, if anything she was better than those that were before and after her.

The bitter reality of my post is in order to prosecute Hillary for anything they would have to prosecute Trump and everyone else as well, as they have done far worse in that regard. TBH, though Trump's use of unsecure devices isn't even noteworthy on the list of actual crimes he should be prosecuted for.

You aren't going to be able to prosecute Hillary, Obama, Trump, Bush, Bill Or even Jimmy Carter for their war crimes. Who exactly is going to hold them accountable in the US? Who from elsewhere is going to have the nuts from another country to even try? They will never be held accountable for it so it is dreaming to think it will ever happen. Not even trump's admin is willing to do that because they know that they would have to take trump down with the rest of them as well. We can say " OMG they did horrible things! But that isn't going to go any further than that, like ever. Obama's terror Tuesdays were a hard act for anyone to follow tbh.

I already realize the reality here, and it is the war crimes aren't changing anytime soon. We haven't been given an option for someone who isn't going to do more war crimes yet at all.
The fact that you're not just admitting that Trump's political opponents are not just "goons" but even worse ("Obama's terror Tuesdays were a hard act for anyone to follow") strengthens my views further.

But there's something you're missing, and that's the possibility that it's not that Trump is willing to act on this matter but can't, as he's essentially relying on the same sets of officials that have been working for both parties across several admins.

What's likely is that Trump is essentially an outsider, and that both parties work with each other to maintain a neoconservative/neoliberal regime that uses war and onerous foreign policies for military and economic advantages. That means they will continue doing their best to use him for such purposes, but will relish working for their own, which includes Biden and co. That is, Clinton.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ
The fact that you're not just admitting that Trump's political opponents are not just "goons" but even worse ("Obama's terror Tuesdays were a hard act for anyone to follow") strengthens my views further.

But there's something you're missing, and that's the possibility that it's not that Trump is willing to act on this matter but can't, as he's essentially relying on the same sets of officials that have been working for both parties across several admins.

What's likely is that Trump is essentially an outsider, and that both parties work with each other to maintain a neoconservative/neoliberal regime that uses war and onerous foreign policies for military and economic advantages. That means they will continue doing their best to use him for such purposes, but will relish working for their own, which includes Biden and co. That is, Clinton.
That is inaccurate. Those who were there under Obama were let go, Trump brought in his own people, and has since even replaced those. Who exactly are these "officials" you claim he is relying on? I am telling you that isn't true and they do not exist. Trump replaced all of his officials this far like twice now. I am not missing it because it isn't even there to begin with, but instead a subject of imagination. You claim these people exist yet provide no proof of such. In fact, they do not and those that there before Trump are long gone already. Go ahead and name these " people" who have been there across numerous administrations. He isn't relying on them, he cleaned house and replaced them all with Loyalists who don't know their jobs well but are loyal to him instead. He did this through a series of house cleanings when he was worried about "leaks". Thus why he has had more turnover than any other administration. It is an illusion that he is an outsider, as he is not. He is the 1%. He has been bribing officials for a very long time and has bragged about it. They didn't always do what he wanted after he bribed them properly, so he is doing it now instead.

This entire "working for Clinton" nonsense sounds like more QAnon BS. Sure, we can make up whatever fantasy we like about what is really happening, but then there is reality and it is usually pretty bland. You are literally just making this crap up like the rest of them at this point and none of it is based in any sort of reality outside your own head. None of what you stated has any basis in fact. According to Trump's own best people and those who supported him the most, none of that is remotely true.

ralfy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 21, 2008
That is inaccurate. Those who were there under Obama were let go, Trump brought in his own people, and has since even replaced those. Who exactly are these "officials" you claim he is relying on? I am telling you that isn't true and they do not exist. Trump replaced all of his officials this far like twice now. I am not missing it because it isn't even there to begin with, but instead a subject of imagination. You claim these people exist yet provide no proof of such. In fact, they do not and those that there before Trump are long gone already. Go ahead and name these " people" who have been there across numerous administrations. He isn't relying on them, he cleaned house and replaced them all with Loyalists who don't know their jobs well but are loyal to him instead. He did this through a series of house cleanings when he was worried about "leaks". Thus why he has had more turnover than any other administration. It is an illusion that he is an outsider, as he is not. He is the 1%. He has been bribing officials for a very long time and has bragged about it. They didn't always do what he wanted after he bribed them properly, so he is doing it now instead.

This entire "working for Clinton" nonsense sounds like more QAnon BS. Sure, we can make up whatever fantasy we like about what is really happening, but then there is reality and it is usually pretty bland. You are literally just making this crap up like the rest of them at this point and none of it is based in any sort of reality outside your own head. None of what you stated has any basis in fact. According to Trump's own best people and those who supported him the most, none of that is remotely true.
You mean "QAnon BS," Wikileaks, Snowden, and more!

Working for Clinton? Clinton worked for and with Obama, together with Biden and the rest of those you call "goons." And they continued Bush's warmongering policies, bailouts for the rich, and more. The only difference is that you argue that "Obama's terror Tuesdays were a hard act for anyone to follow," which ironically for you makes him even worse than Trump. And he certainly didn't act alone.

In any event, as you pointed out, it won't matter because we know who's in control, and it's not Trump. The Democrats and the Republicans work with each other to promote neoliberalism and neoconservatism, and they both work for Wall Street, which wants more deregulation, bailouts when they get into trouble, and the use of the military to keep the petrodollar propped up. And who controls much of mainstream media and even social media network platforms, if not the same rich who will gain with the likes of Biden, Clinton, Obama, and Bush in power?

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine

Working for Clinton? Clinton worked for and with Obama, together with Biden and the rest of those you call "goons." And they continued Bush's warmongering policies, bailouts for the rich, and more. The only difference is that you argue that "Obama's terror Tuesdays were a hard act for anyone to follow," which ironically for you makes him even worse than Trump. And he certainly didn't act alone.

In any event, as you pointed out, it won't matter because we know who's in control, and it's not Trump. The Democrats and the Republicans work with each other to promote neoliberalism and neoconservatism, and they both work for Wall Street, which wants more deregulation, bailouts when they get into trouble, and the use of the military to keep the petrodollar propped up. And who controls much of mainstream media and even social media network platforms, if not the same rich who will gain with the likes of Biden, Clinton, Obama, and Bush in power?
If only Trump actually knew how to "drain the swap"

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ

I actually don't think that makes Obama worse than Trump. Obama actually made an effort to reduce civilian casualties, Trump could care less about doing so and has REVOKED Obamas rule to report civilian causalities while they are also skyrocketing. Trump has been held back by his ignorance moreso than anything else, but you should keep in mind this is the same man who has asked repeatedly why we can't use Nukes, and wants the US to build many more nukes.

It is easy to make broad statements about how everyone is bad and the same people are controlling everything but without actually having evidence of such and showing who these "people" are, it is just more conspiracy BS. Where is your evidence of any of this? Without evidence, you are just making it up.

ā€œSeveral months ago, a foreign policy expert went to advise Donald Trump,ā€ Scarborough said. ā€œAnd three times he asked about the use of nuclear weapons ā€” three times he asked. At one point, ā€˜If we have them, why canā€™t we use them?ā€™ā€

"President Donald Trump asked his top national security officials to build tens of thousands of new nuclear weapons during a July 20 meeting, according to an NBC News report published on Wednesday morning. The presidentā€™s request, experts say, is simultaneously impossible and terrifying. "

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
You're right, Nixon tried to normalize relations with China to drift them away from Soviet influence, you just wanna nuke it. I bet you thought MacArthur had the right idea during the Korean war.
I wouldn't be alive if MacArthur won that argument. He would have nuked Canton and Guangzhou where my family was from.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Which only serves to make your position even more jarring.
Because I advocated for nuking their surface battle groups, and harbors with B61 bombs not atomic bombs on major cities, and only after the US has a credible ABM system to counter every one of China's nuclear triad.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Because I advocated for nuking their surface battle groups, and harbors with B61 bombs not atomic bombs on major cities, and only after the US has a credible ABM system to counter every one of China's nuclear triad.
The nuclear fallout alone would leave millions dead. You'd be betting thermonuclear apocalypse on a "credible" ABM system without taking into account that no system is foolproof (or stealth bombing, or nuclear subs...) A single nuke going through your fantastical system would leave any one city in the west coast wiped off the map. Five years ago, China had about 300 nukes. You sure you wanna take the bet that the US could nuke China and not suffer getting nuked itself?

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The nuclear fallout alone would leave millions dead. You'd be betting thermonuclear apocalypse on a "credible" ABM system without taking into account that no system is foolproof (or stealth bombing, or nuclear subs...) A single nuke going through your fantastical system would leave any one city in the west coast wiped off the map. Five years ago, China had about 300 nukes. You sure you wanna take the bet that the US could nuke China and not suffer getting nuked itself?
I believe we can make progress on getting such a system like we can get progress on removing the CCP from power. You don't know what future technologies can do. But if I am not 100% certain that a nuke won't make it through I wouldn't use it.

As for the millions of dead, it would likely only be a few thousand with B61 bombs (based on a paper I read on nuking North Korea's nukes to stop them from nuking us) if China can't nuke back.