RayWilliamJohnson has been banned.

White-Death

Oct 31, 2011
He is obnoxious, annoying, jump cuts every few seconds, not funny, and steals videos.
It's blatantly obvious.

Neko Pounce

WARGARBLE
Nov 15, 2010
M4t3us said:
Doesn't look like he's banned to me, the only thing off about his channel is that yesterday's video got a spam flag and is therefore not available, but from that to a ban...

Attention wh**ing, much?

No, Not attention whoreing. It just so happens that channel was up again by the time you checked.
A few hours ago if you had looks, it had been legitimately banned.

OT:

This is unfortunate... Why must such an fool persistent make 100's of 1000's of $s every year for doing almost nothing? It's not like it's an original idea or anything close.

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
Glad to see he's back up and running now. I never really liked his stuff, but one never wants to see a guy lose his main source of income without warning. Been there myself, bad times all around.

Granted, I really didn't think he'd be banned for long, the man probably makes Google a mint just by recycling terrible dick jokes. One does not kill one's golden goose.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Meh, I was never really fond of his stuff. His jokes were bad, and really he got his popularity off the "work" of others.
To simplify my thoughs on his channel, I'll let Pinkie Pie do the honors. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mG2I-o3yUA]

Neko Pounce

WARGARBLE
Nov 15, 2010
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
Meh, I was never really fond of his stuff. His jokes were bad, and really he got his popularity off the "work" of others.
To simplify my thoughs on his channel, I'll let Pinkie Pie do the honors. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mG2I-o3yUA]
Pinkie Pie does it best. <3

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Bhaalspawn said:
Well that was fast http://www.youtube.com/user/RayWilliamJohnson?feature=watch
Well, having seen him, I can't say I like his videos.

I still don't get the "I'm glad he's gone" crap, but whatever.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Griffolion said:
Damn I feel for the guy, that was his main source of income. I hope whatever's going on get's sorted so he can resume service as usual. I find =3 really entertaining.
Are you sure? I think he has a real job doing something video-related professionally in Hollywood. I hope he gets back though, people might be jealous of the amount of attention he got but he did it all off his own back and that commands some level of respect.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Huh, I un-subscribed just yesterday (haven't watched them in ages).

A shame for him, bet he was pulling in a decent amount from it.

ZRendZ

Jun 9, 2011
He uploads a stupid video
He gets banned
Youtube brings him back
He makes a message against youtube
Loads of people watching the video because they're upset that youtube removed him
he gets loads of followers and likes.
RayWilliamJohnson is back up and running like new
And nobody is badly affected.

aksel

Nov 18, 2009
Yeah, I saw that earlier today. I didn't like his videos, and just ignored him completely. To the people who really despise him, I can see where you are coming from, but really. Just ignore the things you don't like. Like Justin Bieber or whatever. Ignore, move on.

I can only imagine he was banned for not giving a shout-out/name the uploader. It's basically using someone else's content to make profit, without helping out the creators. The bad kind of piracy or whatever.
In the olden days, he would link to all videos used in the video. Now, if he even includes the links, the links lead to his own website (more money for him), where he embeds the video(s). That is just level 99 asshole, with a full set of 999% fortify dickhead armor.

The only ideal way of doing what he does, is in the style of the Vsauce leanbacks or the now renamed Stuff Kevin Likes. A playlist with an intro to each clip, then showing the originally uploaded clip. It brings attention to (sometimes otherwise unknown) channels. It's like the old ways of Youtube, in which the "featured videos" thingie actually worked.

Forget my first statement: Writing that made me enable hypocrisy mode. Good. Fucking. Riddance.

The_Fezz

Oct 21, 2010
I can view all but his latest video, shame, that, I've always found him irritating.

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
I don't watch him, nor do I watch any of his type on Ytube.

But, there are a lot of people in this thread with some serious issues. "I'm glad he's gone." "He's a piece of shit." etc. Yea, why don't you guys play some more games and take more of your meds.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Master Steeds said:
EDIT 2: lots of people seem to have a lot of hatred for a man that just makes youtube videos, why are people glad a person lost their job?
Because it isn't a real job.

All he does is play other people's videos, talk shit over them and generally annoys anyone with an IQ over 40.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
I got this:

"This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content.
Sorry about that."

And this:

"Everyone hates spam. Do not create misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails in order to increase views. It's not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages."

I think he might have just put a misleading title on it or some idiot is trying to false flag him. It's not uncommon in the atheist circles for people to false flag under the DMCA to silence someone's opinions instead of confronting the opinions with an actual argument.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
Master Steeds said:
EDIT 2: lots of people seem to have a lot of hatred for a man that just makes youtube videos, why are people glad a person lost their job?
To be honest, I'm one of those glad he lost his "job", if you can call it that. The main reason I have for being glad at the concept of him losing his job is because his job involved being well known and getting paid for showing other videos by people who aren't being paid and are barely creditted if at all. If it was any other medium, Ray William Johnson would of been swamped by lawsuits.

It also feels like a "comedy" (a term I use loosely due to, I will admit, general dislike of his jokes and his format of telling jokes) directed at twelve year olds. I don't mean that in an insulting way if that's to his taste, but the camera methods (e.g. jump-cutting), the jokes (e.g. joking about homosexuality in a manner that may suggest negative connotations) and the videos in questions (e.g. slapstick) all suggest an audience that is around early teens. Which is okay if that's his market, but it feels like he's not trying to be part of that market which only makes watching his material feel childish.

The summery is, he is a glorified version of a grandmother. He shares a lot of videos that aren't really that funny on their own. He has awkward jokes that may of been a bit more mature a few decades ago. He also has camera techniques that a lot of people chalk up to him doing it so if he messes up a line he can redo it without doing entire scenes again, something that may suggest an individual who is clumsy and forgetful. Which, I don't plan to pay my grandmother if she started filling my e-mail account with "funny videos".

Abengoshis

Aug 12, 2009
It was coming. All he does is take other people's videos, then make idiotic remarks which are more obnoxious than funny (I haven't found any of his "jokes" funny. Ever.) and make money from them.