Real life female Dovahkiin project *picture heavy

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
IndomitableSam said:
I call troll. No one who has that much respect for the game and craft and works that hard on presenation would start a new account here and start tee-hee'ing with terrible typing skills and write with the voice of a teenager in trying to promote herself to her peers.

Whoever the model is, she is amazing, but there is no way she is the op.

If she is, I have lost all respect for my gender.
The youtube videos she linked to seems legit... so there is that.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Nicci Fett said:
lol its not a problem wolf , people get butthurt over the dumbest things ..... i like when people throw lines like .. "not to be disrespectful " and then say something disrespectful rofl
If you can't take constructive criticism then don't post in a public forum where you are going to receive it :/

Nicci Fett

Apr 18, 2012
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Nicci Fett said:
snip.....
Firstly lol at the jealous snipe...

Secondly I think you misunderstand me. I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with the costume and I agree with you that there are a lot more revealing outfits in Skyrim (Forsworn leather anyone?). I do have a problem with the poses. I think you could still look great and pose like a hero in action poses, faux fighting with your sword or looking fierce rather than posing coquettishly or rolling around on the floor.
i was rolling on a dead bird to get rid of my scent ...... and i am not a cosplayer , i do not fight nothings by myself in the woods .... i am just showcasing what i created in good lighting without a pile of laundry on the floor in a basement somewhere ...

Nicci Fett

Apr 18, 2012
i can take constructive criticism but from people that also do this sort of thing ..... say someone makes props and says hey you should try this , i used these materials ... this was the curing time ..and this is the outcome ... not hey you look like an underwear model

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Nicci Fett said:
lol its not a problem wolf , people get butthurt over the dumbest things ..... i like when people throw lines like .. "not to be disrespectful " and then say something disrespectful rofl
I would love to see more shots of this model, explaining the construction of her outfit, why she chose certain materials and the design of her costume. Don't dodge the question of why she couldn't choose strong poses and then go tell us "don't hate me because im beautiful and ima go eat a pile of bacon and not get fat k guyz lawl?" Not cool, and not what anyone who loves games and respects fellow fans would do. What you're doing is fishing for compliments, not trying to have a real discussion about cosplay.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Nicci Fett said:
i can take constructive criticism but from people that also do this sort of thing ..... say someone makes props and says hey you should try this , i used these materials ... this was the curing time ..and this is the outcome ... not hey you look like an underwear model
That's just how those poses come across to me.

Your outfit is really great and I particularly love the elf pic (nice eyes). I just think dovahkiin would be a little more scary and a little less Victoria's secret. :p

Kendarik said:
. She looked good, really good. Her male friends looked like dorks but she looked like she meant business
I agree but again I'll say it's not the outfit that bothers me but the poses in the last few pics.

Nicci Fett

Apr 18, 2012
lol thanks kendarik , aww my poor buddy steve ! he has a really sweet innocent face , he looks like he is permanently 11 years old .... i have a lot of fun working with him as far as makeup goes ... there is nothing funner than taking someone that looks so harmless and making them into a chewed up zombie or something .... but i do agree with you on the rest of what you have to say ... i would never go onto another woman or mans costuming thread and tell them how they should pose for a photo , it is pretty useless .... its just digging for something to complain about ...especially since i posted a flicker account that accommodates even what she was looking for and makes her argument completely invalid .... meh cant make everyone happy but i just wish after a while they would get bored and shut up

Nicci Fett

Apr 18, 2012
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Nicci Fett said:
That's just how those poses come across to me.

Your outfit is really great and I particularly love the elf pic (nice eyes). I just think dovahkiin would be a little more scary and a little less Victoria's secret. :p

Kendarik said:
. She looked good, really good. Her male friends looked like dorks but she looked like she meant business
I agree but again I'll say it's not the outfit that bothers me but the poses in the last few pics.
well thank you for your complements i chose to post here the photos that showed my build the most , a lot of the others were cropped oddly or i am a mile away where i am standing on rocks with my sword raised or right in the camera ... all stinky looking .... i just want to share what i made really and share how to make things without killing your wallet with people that care to know ....

Nicci Fett

Apr 18, 2012
HAHHAHAH that goose was a jerk ... i plan on suiting up as a dovahkiin and ..well getting mauled by that goose again ....

this should entertain you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgKAwM3n7tU&list=UUfdZeh3hkGAYixalS2Ge_4g&index=6&feature=plcp

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
Well, it was very well made, especially the helmet, what is it made of?.
your "armor" does take a few liberties from the source material, but since nobody's going to battle in it, looking good is more important than looking like actual armor.
The sword was good, and the bloodstain was a nice touch.
Of the costumes I've seen, this is one of the best.

On a somewhat related topic, It is highly likely that somebody will wank to this.
Whether that's good or bad is up to you.

And since nobody seems to have said it yet, Welcome to the escapist.
Don't go into the basement.

Nicci Fett

Apr 18, 2012
thank you , the helmet started out as me playing with duct tape actually ... my buddy was sitting on the floor playing arkham city and i was duct taping my head.... then i was like you know i like the shape of this , so i went out and got a product called quick steel , it is an epoxy putty that comes in small tubes , when you pop it out of the tube it is a cylinder shape made up of two parts that you have to kneed with your hands , it cures quickly and heats up tremendously while working with it , i think it is normally used for around the house repairs because it holds and sticks to almost everything ..... do i advise every building with it ? lol no , i used it for this project and probably will never use it again , my hands are small so the constant kneading of this project left me with no finger prints ... it is really rough to sculpt with i used it for both the chest plating and the helmet , it is durable as hell! i can take it off my head and dent a car with it .... but if you buy the quick steel brand it can be a bit pricey ... i believe there is an ((as seen it on tv) brand lol called super putty or ... nope its mighty putty lol ... it is the same formula , just a different color ... but you get three tubes in a pack ... if you ever choose to work with this ... keep it wet and keep your hands wet , it slows the curing process gives you more time to mold and sculpt ....... the sword was fun to make , i actually made two nightingale short swords ... "you only recieve one in the game so i made one for my friend" lol i made both of them in the matter of hours it was pretty intense i used super sculpey for those , and an insane amount of hot glue to fill in any openings i really wish i had made a video like i did with the Krosis mask

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Kendarik said:
Conan and the like are male power fantasy it has nothing to do with pandering to women...

I just get sick of seeing female game characters portrayed like that, like it is all they are there for, that's all.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
I'd like to see it; but I'm getting Photobucket's "upgrade to pro today" image

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
*reads comments*

Flippin' nora. There's just no pleasing some people.

I used to go out with a girl who used to make costumes and jewellry. She could paint too. Lovely girl, didn't work out, but there it is. Thing is that making stuff is a real skill, more; it takes passion and drive. Rejoicing in one's sexuality whilst doing something one loves then sharing it with other people is a wonderful thing.

Nicci Fett

Apr 18, 2012
jessica , once again i can fully argue your comment .... instead i will ask you to calm down or move out , i did not make this thread to spawn an argument farm ..... and it is getting boring

here is die antwoord http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uee_mcxvrw ... now everyone spread your butt cheaks and calm down .....