Real life female Dovahkiin project *picture heavy

Skuggen

Oct 12, 2009
Wow..wow... Everybody (atleast some of you) just chill a little and eat a sweetroll..

All I see is a dedicated fan who made some nice stuff from a great game. Why all the hate ? :(

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
Ympulse said:
Aurgelmir said:
Kids, this is an example
And this, kids, is why honesty is not the best policy. You are attacked for saying exactly what you think on what you see.

Also, white knights.

@OP It was an honest question, too bad you're too insecure to answer ;)
Honesty is not an excuse for being rude. And OP did in fact answer your question.
Your comment came off as rude, a little bit immature and to be honest could be considered "slut-bashing" imo.

Besides your comment stated that she has had an operation, but you can't be 100% sure about the can you? So wouldn't the honest question be "Are those real?"? Even that would come off as rude, but at least you are not jumping to conclusions.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Kendarik said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Kendarik said:
Conan and the like are male power fantasy it has nothing to do with pandering to women...

I just get sick of seeing female game characters portrayed like that, like it is all they are there for, that's all.
You are saying men want to watch a guy's big package being highlighted? I don't think so, at least not the straight ones.
Sober Thal said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Could you not have tried to look a bit actiony and brave? No disrespect but those poses scream more 'underwear model' than dovahkiin. Not really helping the whole image of women in video games here ya know.
Besides bringing up the problem, what have you done to try to express yourself as a woman as of late?

I keep seeing threads ans posts pointing out the bad, and no celebrating the good, from you... eh?

Do you ever rant about the in shape/picture perfect, male specimens portrayed as the norm? I can't be the first to call you out on this... know what I mean?? When was the last time an average male was ever portrayed in a videogame?

BTW... sorry for being so distant lately.

-'Conan and the like are male power fantasy it has nothing to do with pandering to women...'-

Yep. That quote has nothing to do with male stereotypes and the absurd portrayal of men in gaming/fantasy.

You go girl.
The fact is picture perfect guys are there for the guys to enjoy feeling powerful not for the ladies to gawk at.

A popular game character is Kratos right? While a popular male character with women is Garrus Vakarian or in real life, David Tennant as Doctor Who.

There is a clear difference between power fantasy and sexual fantasy. I don't think I've met a single female gamer who finds Marcus Fenix attractive for example.

As for being negative, I'll be positive when the dev's give me something to be positive about...

I'm not sure what you mean by 'express myself as a woman' I beat two guys who invaded my dark souls game if that counts...

Finally I'll say I did not intend to be mean with my comments only constructive and I wish Nicki all the best for the future. I won't derail her thread any further.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Nicci Fett said:
(honestly if i freshly killed something i would roll in it ...then eat it , that is just me )
Uh... Yikes! Might want to clean it up and cook it first. More HP that way!

i get a lot of mixed reviews as far as the white contacts go , a lot of my friends like them with the over all look , others think it is too creepy and weird .... i like wearing them to conventions because when i look more human guys seem to get grabbier .. when i look gross they will just get a picture of me at a distance
I'm genuinely curious about this. By grabbier do you mean they do like a "side hug" for pictures? Or are we talking people get all gropey and basically sexually assaulting you? I've never been to a comic con but I know how guys can be.

Nicci Fett

Apr 18, 2012
Wolf I have literally been butt grabbed , pulled in a direction by my arm (you are coming with me style) yeah and it generally does not matter what I am wearing , I can be dressed like a hobo ...yet still it happens, but it is incredibly worse when I am in costume . The kicker is I am normally with a male friend or a few male friends! Lol I tend to find myself shoving people sometimes , I also have to say it was worse at nycc , pax people were a lot more I guess shy and polite ?

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Nicci Fett said:
Wolf I have literally been butt grabbed , pulled in a direction by my arm (you are coming with me style) yeah and it generally does not matter what I am wearing , I can be dressed like a hobo ...yet still it happens, but it is incredibly worse when I am in costume . The kicker is I am normally with a male friend or a few male friends! Lol I tend to find myself shoving people sometimes , I also have to say it was worse at nycc , pax people were a lot more I guess shy and polite ?
Wow. I can't apologize for my gender but that's pretty pathetic. Would you say the guys that do those things are pretty stereotypical of a certain type of guy, or is it pretty much any random guy? I like to imagine it's the douches with flipped back gelled hair and skin tight Ed Hardy t-shirts - except I doubt those bar hoppers would be present at a comic con lol.

You should dress up as a lightning mage sometime... and have a taser.
you:"Careful, I'm electric!"
guy:"Haha!" *butt grab*
ZZZZAAAAPPPP

Nicci Fett

Apr 18, 2012
AHHAHAHAH ill keep that in mind >:-] ! You know I do not like to just throw guys under the buss , I have to say women are worse with stuff like that [personally] , the women that pretend to like other girls for attention from other guys :< meh , yea they really go too far . Getting molested while you are trying to have a good time out of the house is getting molested no matter what gender is doing it. I have learned to keep my hands to myself at a very young age ... as far as stereotypes go ,eh things can be deceiving ... I have met some pretty obnoxious people that were also the sweetest people I met in my life , One guy .. built like a truck , bright orange skin color , blow out hair ....always wears a shirt that fights to stay on his body lol ... and I met him when I worked in a tattoo shop in jersey city , I admit I unfairly judged him when he walked through the door ... he walked up to me and in a thick brooklyn accent but completely serious " hey uhhhh can you tattoo tan to me? " ((friggen skin tan)) I actually had to walk out of the room and make my buddy rob take over .... rob got him to settle for tribal across his back shoulders , same as some pro wrestler lol ... but yeah this guy would come back all the time , bring us foods , hang out , SWEETEST human being on the planet , and so vulnerable/ harmless... but shaped like a giant man gorilla ... if it were not for working in a shop I would probably never get to meet someone like that ! I think anyone , no matter how they dress , look , act .... can potentially be a hurtful human being ... I probably have gotten hurt more by the quiet nerdy friendless type than anything else as crazy as that sounds .... and when i am out and about , all sorts of people seem to aggressively hit on me ..... but as usual , really not common ground .. it is either people do not talk to me or someone is like GET IN MY FREE CANDY VAN! haha well not that bad but yanking on me , touching my face , pulling me to them , the butt grab... I had one dude kiss my face (i believe when someone goes as far as to touch my butt or kiss my face I am allowed to ball up my fist, and swing it) ....So yep , men, and women ... none of these things are cool socially ! I think getting harassed at conventions or anywhere that has a massive group of people is pretty inevitable though , probably happens to a huge bunch of ladies , (since it is male populated) and I do understand that dressing funny to go to one of these things is going to attract all walks of life , so if anyone (males included) decides to wear anything that shows tons of skin , just be careful .....

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I generally don't like stereotypes for just that reason. However, stereotypes usually are born for a reason, so I don't think it can be entirely dismissed either.

Anyway, yeah I guess some people just look a certain way to fit in and it doesn't necessarily match up to their personality. I mean that is Jersey... I've seen some Jersey Shore... yuck.

"I probably have gotten hurt more by the quiet nerdy friendless type than anything else as crazy as that sounds"
Actually I'm not surprised. People like that tend to be in their own little world where they are the man (or woman). Having nobody to be selfless for by default makes them selfish, always looking out for themselves. Probably makes it hard to have any empathy.

Oh and I don't think I've seen any official Escapist welcoming so... Welcome to the Escapist, and Stay Out Of The Basement!
BTW you should hit up the Gaming discussion forum. Skyrim has been a popular topic, although ME3 overshadowed it recently.

Nicci Fett

Apr 18, 2012
Haha thank you for the welcome :> , and I been snooping :V ... I also feel awful for you , I live in jersey yet refuse to ever watch that awful jersey shore travesty ! I think I would find it more pleasing to ram two forks into my eyes . I stay away from tv in general , I already game so much that I try to balance it by hiking with the dogs , going fishing , camping . I do not think I am missing out too much heh

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Nicci Fett said:
Haha thank you for the welcome :> , and I been snooping :V ... I also feel awful for you , I live in jersey yet refuse to ever watch that awful jersey shore travesty ! I think I would find it more pleasing to ram two forks into my eyes . I stay away from tv in general , I already game so much that I try to balance it by hiking with the dogs , going fishing , camping . I do not think I am missing out too much heh
Well truth be told, the only Jersey Shore I've seen is on YouTube. COME AT ME BRO!! That was hilarious. What a bunch of dicks.

Yeah I don't even pay for cable, the only TV series I watch regularily are Big Bang Theory, Community, and Game of Thrones, although my gf likes Gossip Girl so I put up with that. It's kind of grown on me.

Outdoors ftw! Not a fan of fishing, but I'll go wakeboard around the lake anytime!

Nicci Fett

Apr 18, 2012
I never tried wakeboarding , i watch people do it from time to time , it looks so fun! and lol i never even heard of gossip girls , randomly ill just throw on netflix on the x box and watch an old series , i been re watching farscape LOL

Nicci Fett

Apr 18, 2012
lol it is safe for me to say that , his tattoo question was actually not the most ridiculous tattoo request i have ever gotten while working in a shop! I have hundreds of facepalm worthy stories , This does not make me happy !

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Kendarik said:
Conan and the like are male power fantasy it has nothing to do with pandering to women...

I just get sick of seeing female game characters portrayed like that, like it is all they are there for, that's all.
Well, how often do women want to be tough and butch? Not very. About as often as men want to be metrosexual and feminine. These things exist in video games but, just as in real life, they are much rarer.

Gender roles are largely- actually, entirely, useless in today's world, but we've been evolving for thousands and thousands of years in a situation where we rely on them to survive day to day. We still posses that wiring that makes women more maternal and less masculine, more submissive and less heroic. Girls are programmed to attract mates and to want to be wanted. Men are still largely driven to dominate and win a mate, to "conquer" women and to succeed. I don't fit the type (at all) but I can see it and I understand it. We as a species have come a long way in a very short period of time-we can't expect thousands and thousands of years of evolution to vanish in just a few hundred.

Blame our DNA.

(For the record, I'm very much not the feminine type and I certainly wear the pants in my relationship--and he knows it and loves it :p)

EDIT: fixed typos 'cause I'm anal that way.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Nicci Fett said:
WELL now , since photobucket has become some sort of photo nazi that rations out their bandwidth , here is my flicker account with a great deal of production photos , nonsense photos, and finished product ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/niccifett/

here is my youtube video , it is a time lapse of sculpting the krosis :V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMMItdIzQ6Q&list=UUfdZeh3hkGAYixalS2Ge_4g&feature=plcp

lol you do not have to subscribe or any of that crap it is rare i post anything useful on youtube .....

everything that was sculpted i sculpted by hand , followed by hand painting , i was not responsible for my friends mage robes ( the Bosmer elf guy next to me in the one photo) but i made his dragon priest mask :> and freakish pointed shoes ... our deadline was pax east .. i had a month to make my full costume and both dragon priest masks ... it was pretty crazy! if anyone would like to know how any of these objects were made i would be more than happy to share ! thanks for viewing ...oh and while i am here editing .... be nice ... i do not want to read pages of people trying to argue with me or each other , its pretty lame ... if you have constructive criticism and you feel that you are a better sculptor , creator then i am .... tell me what you would do and how , what materials you would use in place of what i have used etc. no stupidity please.
Very, very cool work. Pictures turned out great and hit the look (I'd reckon) you were aiming for.

The making of videos on you tube were neat - particularly the time lapse one and the 'super sculpy' material explanation. How long did it take to heat set, at what temperature?**

Kinda funny, for a very tactile person, I never got into crafts, fabrication or physical arts... Everything I make is all digital or minimally 'real' with fine tip pen and ink sketching. I've always had an abiding interest and appreciation for costuming, crafts and practical effects. CGI is only just catching up to physical presence of 80's horror, sci fi and fantasy sets, effects and critters and even then.... Compare The Thing (1982) to The Thing (2011), etc....

Did you exclusively use spray paint to color the mask, or did you use that as a base and then treat it with acrylic highlights / ink washes, etc?

Keep it up!

**Edit: Scrolled through the thread a bit and got the answer 25 min at 275.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
You did a pretty fabulous job!

I can only imagine how much work you had to put into that costume, BRAVO!