Real scary PC games.

TheMasterGL16

Jan 31, 2009
Ok, I'm looking for a good Scary PC game. I want something SCARY, so no jumpy horror that doesn't freak me out. So if you say deadspace, or resident evil I'm gonna smack you.

cookie to the person who can give me good REAL horror game.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Vampire the Masquerade : Bloodlines.

It's just for one bit in a haunted house, but it's so well done. The first time I played it, I had to shut it off and play again in daylight.

TheMasterGL16

Jan 31, 2009
I've played Condemned, and really liked it... lol

DAMN THE BASTARDS FOR NOT PUTING THE SQUAL ON THE PC!!!!

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
F.E.A.R. had a good atmosphere and had a few good scares in it, it may be a little close to what you don't want but i do suggest you give it a go, just make sure it's the first one. If you want something interesting to play try Thief: Deadly shadows, whilst not scary most of the time it does make your heart beat when a guard is almost on top of you but doesn't see you, and there is a stage later on that the first time i played it i couldn't go near flickering lights for awhile.

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
the original Alone in the dark games weren't too bad, quite scary for their times. Condemned was very intense but like the OP said the sequel isn't on pc. I don't know if the fatal frame games are on pc, if they are get them.

TheMasterGL16

Jan 31, 2009
Pr0 InSaNiTy said:
the original Alone in the dark games weren't too bad, quite scary for their times. Condemned was very intense but like the OP said the sequel isn't on pc. I don't know if the fatal frame games are on pc, if they are get them.
nope not on PC but I've played Fatal Frame 1 on my PS2... honestly one of the best gaming experinces I've had in my entire life.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
I would go with F.E.A.R - I dam near pissed my pants first time I played it.

TheMasterGL16

Jan 31, 2009
I tried F.E.A.R. it never really seemed to be more then just shooting people then a ghost scean where all you get to do is walk around then shooting people again. It felt like they kept the horror and action sides seperated by a brick wall at all times. :( is the new one better?

atol

Jan 16, 2009
Silent Hill has a few games on the PC. Thief: Deadly Shadows can be surprisingly scary, but that's only if you're interested in the rest of the game. Those are the only two titles that even mildly unnerved me.

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
TheMasterGL16 said:
Pr0 InSaNiTy said:
nope not on PC but I've played Fatal Frame 1 on my PS2... honestly one of the best gaming experinces I've had in my entire life.
Oh man, when you hear a ghost moaning and you don't know where it is, it is truly terrifying.

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
TheMasterGL16 said:
I tried F.E.A.R. it never really seemed to be more then just shooting people then a ghost scean where all you get to do is walk around then shooting people again. It felt like they kept the horror and action sides seperated by a brick wall at all times. :( is the new one better?
In a word, No. In more than one word it took almost all of the things that made the first game good in that department and settled on more cheap scares.

ToxinArrow

Jun 13, 2009
STALKER.

Run around the woods at night when it's pitch black with headphones. Brix will be shat.

TheMasterGL16

Jan 31, 2009
Pr0 InSaNiTy said:
TheMasterGL16 said:
Pr0 InSaNiTy said:
Oh man, when you hear a ghost moaning and you don't know where it is, it is truly terrifying.
Personally the controller shaking with her heart beat REALLY pulled me in, soooo freaked me out every time the thing started shaking.

GoldenCondor

May 6, 2009
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl.

Also, listen to Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God while playing it, and you will not get the game off of your mind until you beat it (the game).

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
TheMasterGL16 said:
Pr0 InSaNiTy said:
TheMasterGL16 said:
Pr0 InSaNiTy said:
Personally the controller shaking with her heart beat REALLY pulled me in, soooo freaked me out every time the thing started shaking.
That and the detail of the ghosts. Remember the old lady with the broken neck?