Real scary PC games.

TheMasterGL16

Jan 31, 2009
ok, games I REALLY liked, were Alice, Condemned, and (I was SHOCKED by how much I liked this one) The Suffering.

EDIT: I know alice wasn't really that scary but there was something about how it corrupted and twisted the happy child hood charactures I grew up with that made it get under my skin.

lolcatize

Oct 6, 2009
TheMasterGL16 said:
Ok, I'm looking for a good Scary PC game. I want something SCARY, so no jumpy horror that doesn't freak me out. So if you say deadspace, or resident evil I'm gonna smack you.

cookie to the person who can give me good REAL horror game.
since you wont that im gonna say penumbra black plague

atol

Jan 16, 2009
TheMasterGL16 said:
It felt like they kept the horror and action sides seperated by a brick wall at all times.
The disconnect was that every gamer knew Alma couldn't impede their progress or really hurt them in any way, so everytime she'd pop out it'd be more of a cutscene.
"Oh, hello again. I see that blood and crow thing is still working out for you. That's nice. Well, until next time. I'm going to go fight some things that can actualy kill me. See you in, say, 10 minutes?"

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
atol said:
TheMasterGL16 said:
It felt like they kept the horror and action sides seperated by a brick wall at all times.
The disconnect was that every gamer knew Alma couldn't impede their progress or really hurt them in any way, so everytime she'd pop out it'd be more of a cutscene.
"Oh, hello again. I see that blood and crow thing is still working out for you. That's nice. Well, until next time. I'm going to go fight some things that can actualy kill me. See you in, say, 10 minutes?"
So true unfortunately, they just swapped it with a QTE in the second which is just as bad, if Alma could just randomly kill you sometime during the game it would have been better.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Penumbra: Black Plague.

Surprised that hasn't been said with the big PC written in the title.

Edit: (oh it has, just slipped by me eyes)

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
TheMasterGL16 said:
D4zZ said:

what is that? like an FPS? what kind of game is it?
Penubras are in FPS view but you use the mouse to pick things from the game environment up. It's mostly psychological horror with one or two monster things in it, but not much combat.This video shows bits of how you use the mouse to interact with things better than I can explain.
[small]This is the first one from 2006 so when it boasts about it's graphics remember that[/small]

Edit: lol at the flying bird thing in that video. Only played the second one and haven't seen that yet.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Gfan_00 said:
System Shock 2.
/thread
please don't do the /thread thing, its really quite annoying

anyway, i think fatal frame was rather scary

also, if you have a gamecube, try the game that turns your tv off and flickers your console and things, i can't remember what it was called, but it freaked me out

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
D4zZ said:
TheMasterGL16 said:
D4zZ said:

Penubras are in FPS view but you use the mouse to pick things from the game environment up. It's mostly psychological horror with one or two monster things in it, but not much combat.This video shows bits of how you use the mouse to interact with things better than I can explain.

[small]This is the first one from 2006 so when it boasts about it's graphics remember that[/small]
damn that shizz looks spooky, if I had enough money to get a game I'd probably check that out

Shadowfaze

Jul 15, 2009
i know some others have said it, but Vampires the masquerade: bloodlines is really quite scary. especially late at night, in a dark room, with headphones.

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
Pr0 InSaNiTy said:
TheMasterGL16 said:
Pr0 InSaNiTy said:
TheMasterGL16 said:
Pr0 InSaNiTy said:
the original Alone in the dark games weren't too bad, quite scary for their times. Condemned was very intense but like the OP said the sequel isn't on pc. I don't know if the fatal frame games are on pc, if they are get them.
nope not on PC but I've played Fatal Frame 1 on my PS2... honestly one of the best gaming experinces I've had in my entire life.
Oh man, when you hear a ghost moaning and you don't know where it is, it is truly terrifying.
Personally the controller shaking with her heart beat REALLY pulled me in, soooo freaked me out every time the thing started shaking.
That and the detail of the ghosts. Remember the old lady with the broken neck?
I played through this for the first time since I was 13 this week. I had nightmares about the man with the long arms. Yick.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Chipperz said:
Vampire the Masquerade : Bloodlines.

It's just for one bit in a haunted house, but it's so well done. The first time I played it, I had to shut it off and play again in daylight.
Ah I freaking hated that.
Especially since I only had a pistol, with 4 shots when I went in.
It felt like it was the hardest quest to do, and then i realized I didnt even fire a shot

TheMasterGL16

Jan 31, 2009
dfcrackhead said:
D4zZ said:
TheMasterGL16 said:
D4zZ said:

damn that shizz looks spooky, if I had enough money to get a game I'd probably check that out
You can get the set on steam of $20 and just one (I think it's the newest) for $15. *I'm in America so Amarican dolars.*