Reasonable Comics For Reasonable People

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010

Like the others, I have a huge grin on my face just after reading today's strip.

Great follow up, gents :D

robmastaflex

Jun 15, 2009
Halyah said:
... I don't get it. I must've failed paying attention to something since I didn't get what they meant by the comic this time. I feel stupid now. D:
Just go back and read (or just glance really) the forum posts from the last comic. You should pretty quickly learn what's going on here.

vid87

May 17, 2010
I was dying to know how you'd follow up on White Guy Defense Force - pulling back with idealistic rationalism was unexpectedly pleasant.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Mel Brooks once said: ([a href="http://dailytrojan.com/2009/10/20/entertainer-mel-brooks-discusses-his-blazing-career/"]Here[/a])

"You have to love {what} you parody."

That, I think is the major failing of Critical Miss, and why their "Parody" comics draw so much heat. There doesn't seem to be much Love from Grey and Carter. Most of their topical comics come across more as mean spirited and derisive. I'd say it's more [a href="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/satire"]Satire[/a].

You will never make friends with Satire. It is, by definition ridicule.

If all you're looking for is page views and traffic, I'd say your technique is perfect. Inflammatory statements usually are for that.

However, if you're trying to promote honest discussion and progress... I don't think Ridicule and derision ever lead to anything constructive happening. At least not on the internet.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Ha, the perfect follow-up to the carnage that followed the last strip, well done indeed. I really want to use that straw man picture for something now...

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Teoes said:
JonB said:
3.5/5 stars. honestly this comic has gone so far downhill it is ridiculous. i am not reading it anymore.

grey carter used to write about serious important topics and now he has turned into a coward who only writes moronic pc things to please everyone. he is worse than the oatmeal.
Err no, look at the review score guidlines. 3.5 is between "Good, but flawed" and "Very good". So either this cartoon is worth 3.5 stars and is better than you're saying ("so far downhill it is ridiculous", really?) or is as bad as you say and only worth 2.5 stars.

Is it really such a hard concept for people to get their head around?

Docking a comic's score just because you don't like oatmeal is just the most petty thing you could've done.
Or maybe his post was soaked in sarcasm? Wait....maybe yours is too.....WHERE DOES IT END????

OT: I quite liked this one. Much better than last weeks comic Oh snap!

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
"So, how should we put out the fire we just started?"

"DROWN IT IN WOOD AND OIL!"

Grey, you either have more courage in your convictions than I do, or you're just simply a glutton for punishment. Either way, keep on truckin'. xD

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
I'm starting to feel very happy with my decision to avoid the comments section to the previous comic like the plague.

I suspect I would not have found happiness there.

magicmonkeybars

Gullible Dolt
Nov 20, 2007
Wow, making fun of emotionally detached people, now I'm even more offended.
I guess if you're disability isn't obvious or part of an established social justice movement you're a guilt free target for ridicule.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Level-headed communication and discussion in place of adversity, inflammatory remarks and mockery would leave the straw men of the world unemployed?

WELL WHO'DA THUNK IT?

(such a shame that some people seem to consider that concept something to be mocked)

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Can we just ban Cory and Grey already? I mean, they've probably caused more flame wars than any single person (aside from maybe Jim, that scoundrel).