Rebecca Mayes Muses: The Sims 3

aRno

Jun 2, 2009
Great idea...
I am always up for stuff like this...

The thing is, that I hate the music and - no offence Mrs. Mayes - I don't like the overall style and funky, electronic blonde stench around it...

Like I said, the idea is great and I give you credit for that (lot of it), but the making is honestly bad...
Stuffing together strings in Garage Band ain't that hard and electronic music is the easiest music to produce (all Tekno freaks aim at me now!)...

Still it's a tough job du edit the vid and put it all together, credits for you...

Still, thanks for contribution and welcome...

tnegras

Jan 11, 2009
I loved it. The singing was good and the visuals fit. Most video game based songs i've heard are mostly parodys or crappy raps, and I was impressed. It probably took considerable work and I look forward to another episode. It'll might take awhile but I can wait.

nohorsetown

Dec 8, 2007
Songs don't have to be funny and lyrics don't have to be intelligible, but she clearly isn't doing this thing for the sonic beauty of it / "art". It's a jokey video game song, and the whole thing's got captions so we don't miss the message. I get it, but it's just *not* very funny. And the beats are frickin' awful. Seriously, the chorus is drowned in hand-clappy. Hand-clappy is only good when used sparingly, for emphasis. The song *is* really repetitive, but yeah, I guess lots of other bad songs are too, so.. it's OK or something. Oh yeah, and my opinion and stuff.

She'll be OK with this shtick, though. She's a girl in a bedsheet with an acoustic guitar (which doesn't seem to be played in the song), makin' flirty faces for the lonely gamers, singing about muffins. She knows what she's doing. I'd rather she made better music, but I'd rather everyone made better music. If nerdy dudes eat this shit up, more power to her. I'm assuming she's getting paid for this, and that's more valuable in the long run than any kind of genuine respect.

If you like it, great. Liking things is great. Try not to kid yourself about why you like it, tho. Just sayin'.

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
Potential as a series, but you're off to a bad start. Remember that the bases of escapist are Gaming AND Comedy, so you need to make it a bit funnier in observations.

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
You look like Taylor Swift.
The foreign accent's nice, but the crappy songwriting starts to bother one.

Edit:

On the other hand, you're clearly very musically talented.
You can sing and play the guitar, accordion, and (if I heard correctly) a harp (?).

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
Dear God, this song is catchy. Dear God, I can't get it out of my head. Dear God, Dear God, its all I'll hear during work, Dear god... Dear god it's going to haunt me...

Vect

Jul 22, 2009
The song sorta brings to mind an article Seanbaby once did, where he played the role of Sadistic God and Social Experimenter.
http://www.cracked.com/blog/exploring-the-mysteries-of-the-mind-with-the-sims-3

Still, very catchy song.

evan573

Jul 20, 2009
something GOOD? on the interwebz? well youve come to the right place so...

WELCOME TO THE ESCAPIST! where intelligent people go to escape the idiots of the internet and beyond. keep up the good work and try to ignore the dark red stains on the carpet... :D

FleaJr

Sep 17, 2008
Am I the only one seeing a desperate attempt by The Escapist to frantically shoehorn some eye-candy onto the site?

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
FleaJr said:
Am I the only one seeing a desperate attempt by The Escapist to frantically shoehorn some eye-candy onto the site?
They've got Rick Berman and Brannon Braga's problem in that regard (go ahead, watch Voyager or Enterprise and tell me it wasn't about adding eye candy when the ratings sagged.)

outcast_within

Apr 24, 2009
1. the clip was it made so we could look at legs so we wouldn't notice the ... not so brilliant song?
2. if it was funny, it didn't sound funny.
3. if it was to be critical in some deep way, it didn't sound like that as well.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
It was really good(that's my opinion, at least). Can you make the next song about Gears of War?