Reboots you actually want?

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Freespace 2 Freespace 2 Freespace 2 Freespace 2 Freespace 2 Freespace 2 Freespace 2 Freespace 2...

Yeah, Freespace 2 NEEDS a reboot, or better yet, a sequel!

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Legacy of Kain, Legacy of Kain, Onimusha, Legacy of Kain, maybe Resident Evil if Capcom can grow a brain, Legacy of Kain and MediEvil.
Also Legacy of Kain.

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
Launcelot111 said:
Zelda. All the lore is just piling up way too high and it's really confusing now. I just want a game where Zelda gets kidnapped by Ganon and Link has to go through a sequence of dungeons collecting nifty items en route to saving her.
It's only as confusing as you make it, I think.
Nothing really stops you from considering each game as it's own entity with a few constants that show up through the franchise (Master Sword, Triforce, characters) and each game, for better or worse, can be summed up as you put it there with some minor alterations on who is kidnapped and who happens to be doing the kidnapping. That's the beauty of LoZ, from a designer's perspective.

I'd like the Mother franchise to be rebooted and perhaps set in a more modern time.
The original concept was pretty interesting, and there still seems to be barely any RPGs set in the present.
But instead of using 16 bit sprites, they should take a page from Pokemon and finally utilize 3D graphics (like the N64 Mother 3 would have). Actually, doesn't even have to be a reboot. Just a sequel would be nice, really.

On the other hand, Starfox is entirely deserving of a reboot of some sort.
They've made some questionable choices over the years, and missed some opportunities to implement and explain certain things. I think a reboot could be strongly beneficial in this case.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
A proper Turok reboot (2008 was okay, but didn't capture the original games at all)

I'm probably along in thinking that sometime in the future, music based games like Guitar Hero and Rockband get a sort of reboot or revival thing. I know they released Guitar Hero to death, so I can understand a hiatus for awhile, but I still very much enjoy playing the games.

Maybe some Star Wars Rouge Squadron?

minisham

Mar 20, 2011
I've got to add it to the list, Timesplitters.
I just want the graphics updated and the controls tightened up a bit but other than that i just want those amazing games back out there to be appreciated by more people.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
I already saw Road Rash, but yeah, definitely seconding that one.

Dungeon Keeper, if the narrator is still alive, hire him again, that guy was awesome.

Palmerama

Jul 23, 2011
Would definately like a Dino Crisis reboot! Been playing the first game again & its alot of fun.

I would say the Micro Machines franchise. Those were so much fun playing four player on the megadrive. With XBL & PSN it would be awesome.

Battletoads is long over due for a come back! Battlemaniacs was alrihgt & Battletoads vs Double Dragon was great but where's Battletoads 2?

Golden Axe, more akin to Golden Axe Warrior in an action RPG type game.

Jet Force Gemini & Conker's Bad Fur Day! Not the games themselves but another game for the series. JFG was very underrated for the N64 & Conker has dissappeared.

AnthrSolidSnake said:
A proper Turok reboot (2008 was okay, but didn't capture the original games at all)

Maybe some Star Wars Rouge Squadron?
Oh and these too!

Keith K

Oct 29, 2009
I'd like to see a modern (preferably not isometric) Rock 'n Roll Racing.

Seems like it would be pretty easy to make happen today with actual licensed music.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Since Assassins Creed seems to utterly refuse to take the logical next step in themed setting, ya know...a fucking Ninja game, give me a new Tenchu game instead.

Seriously, AC's free running mechanics, with some GOOD stealth mechanics and refined combat thrown in is just a perfect fit for Tenchu. And make the combat difficult too, so that it is almost discouraged because you're a god damn ninja, not a one man army slaughter machine. If you get found out and get caught up in combat, you better high tail out of there or be on your best guard because every fight could be your last.

Refined and improved AC gameplay + Tenchu/ninjas....seriously, WHY ISN'T THIS A THING YET!?

Feraswondervahnn

Jul 15, 2010
WouldYouKindly said:
I already saw Road Rash, but yeah, definitely seconding that one.

Dungeon Keeper, if the narrator is still alive, hire him again, that guy was awesome.
Look up War for the Overworld. I damn well want a new Dungeon Keeper and this game seems to be pretty much that. It has the same guy doing the mentor/narrator as well!

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I've learned not to ask for one. Because it will never be as good as you remember the previous titles to be.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Resident Evil because they messed it up so much I don't even have the energy for those games.

Final Fantasy because I never played any of them and having 15 or more games in the series is just ridiculous.

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
3rd vote for a Dungeon Keeper remake. Dungeons and Impire were both rubbish but it looks like War for the Overworld has it nailed. Fingers crossed.

Betrayal at Krondor deserves an HD remake or a new Raymond E Feist based RPG would be awesome.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
A good Turok game that remembers what a Turok game is actually about (ie not Turok 2008). Turok 2 is still my favorite game of all time.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Jill of the Jungle should be rebooted as a 3D platformer sort of like the old Tomb Raider games, but with a really light and goofy tone totally unlike the new Tomb Raider. It would be like Saint's Row to Tomb Raider's GTA4, if that makes any sense :)

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
Not because I actually think it would be a good game but I think it would be hilarious if there was an ultra-gritty Super Mario reboot with an ass load of blood, death, violence and emotional angst.

I actually would love to see Wing Commander start fresh with shiny new graphics and the same super awesome space combat. And seeing Duke Nukem relaunched as a platformer like Contra would be cool, I loved those old games.

Oh, also let me just say I think that X-com is awesome and really could spin off a really cool FPS set in that universe, they just shouldn't have tried to release it instead of a strategy game.

Schmeiser

Nov 21, 2011
Revolt, god i had so much fun with those little cars, if now we could have a multiplayer on top of a great and challenging single player where you have to unlock every cars. The tracks were great, the cars had personality. I just loved the big bertha haha