Reboots you actually want?

Dr.Panties

Dec 30, 2010
I'm happy to see Tenchu get so many mentions. There is a petition (more than one) to reboot the franchise, actually. Perhaps you should sign it, eh? Eh?

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/new-tenchu-game-on-ps3-xbox360/

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Reboots Desired:

QUARANTINE - For those of you who have never played it, imagine GTAIV mixed with Mad Max. A city where the water was 'treated' with a chemical that turns everyone into a homicidal maniac intent on killing anyone else who was not a homicidal maniac. You're a taxi driver trying to scrape together the credits to get out of the city. I enjoyed having an ejector seat so I could ditch fares I didn't like / were too tough, or catapult them into the enemy as a living missile.

POLICE QUEST - Updated and grittier. More akin to PQ3 (murdering rapist satanists) as opposed to PQ1 (parking tickets and DUIs). Something more like the British show "Waking The Dead".

COVERT ACTION - Espionage game chock-full of minigames. Sid Meier designed it, no? Anyway. Building infiltrations, cryptography, car chases, interrogations, phone taps, alarm circuits, coupled with a Carmen Sandiego-style international hunt for documents, terrorists, and kidnapped scientists. Sweet Jesus it would be awesome even in iOS/Android form due to the extensive use of minigames.

And just to fuck with everyone:
THE ELDER SCROLLS ADVENTURES - I want to play as Cyrus again damnit. Coolest Redguard in existence.

EDIT:

Also, not really a reboot but rather a port, I want ResEvil:Outbreak Files I & II on PC. The first game is damned near 10 years old now - it would surely be easy for even fossil PCs to run and give us all a dose of REAL team survival horror.

Songblade

Jan 28, 2011
UrinalDook said:
TIE FIGHTER

For goodness' sake, how is such a universally praised game not top of the list for getting some much needed next gen love? imagine coupling gameplay of that depth (hell, you could make it even deeper with advances in AI) with graphics that don't make your eyes bleed, voice acting that wasn't recorded on a broom and a truly branching story line. Imagine a custom character you can walk around the mission hub, like an beautiful cross of Wing Commander and Mass Effect.

And finally, imagine the thrill of being a badass Imperial death dealer all over again. Imagine the satisfaction of outmanoeuvring a couple of thousands of polygons of HD A-Wing in an equally beautiful TIE Defender, then watching in glee as your realistic light source laser cannons obliterate the Rebel scum in a dynamically lit explosion...

Heaven.
SO... MUCH... THIS.

I've wanted a good space-shooter for the current-gen consoles for so long now. I played Wing Commander back in the day and fondly remember X-Wing and Tie-Fighter... I'd love to re-live being a space-fighter-pilot again.

I remember Missileboats... fun fun times. (aka: yay! I can take more than two hits)

mechman123

Nov 6, 2006
Escape Velocity: Keep it a top down game and give it OPTIONAL online/LAN multiplayer.

Future Cop LAPD: Heres a old game that i doubt many remember. It was funny and fun and could use a revival. Just so long as it isnt a gritty re-imagining.

Dark Castle/Beyond Dark Castle: A classic game that surprisingly hasn't been put on any of the Mobile markets.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Either Space Hulk or Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels, same style with the whole tactical squad based first person shooting and melee. No changes apart from updated sound and visuals and some light gameplay and balance tweaking, Deadspace 1 like atmosphere with Genestealers pouring down corridors and bursting out of the vents and walls would be epic.

Alexander Bradley

Dec 31, 2010
How about a reboot of the Star Wars, Jedi Knight games with Kyle Kataarn? Those were some wicked awesome games to play and I can only imagine how amazing they'd be with current graphics. Though I might be content with that rated M Star Wars game about bounty hunters they're supposed to have going on.

Razentsu

Jun 21, 2011
Fatal Fury. There was supposed to be a sequel to Mark of the Wolves, but it never came. D:

Froken Keke

May 21, 2011
I'd like to see a revival of Bonanza Bros, I like the concept of a coop heist game. No assassinations or top secret military infiltrations, just a burgling. The original is fun to play with a friend, but by todays standards it's a bit simple and plain. The multiplayer aspect of it would be a great selling point, also, since basically no other stealth game has that.

Ice Climber would be another interesting one. Nintendo made a little revival of the franchise with the inclusion of the characters in the Super Smash Bros. series, but I think a new installment would be interesting to play. The could keep the simple arcady concept of the original, or completely rework the game from scratch. Either way I think it would be cool to play.

Lastly, I'd love to see a return of the Wonder Boy games. Keep it 2D, but flesh out the game world a lot more. Metroid and Castlevania aren't enough to satisfy my open world sidescroller needs.

havoc33

Jun 26, 2012
Police Quest
Alone in the Dark
WipEout (please, please don't let this franchise die, Sony)
Secret of Mana (make it in the spirit of the SNES games, not the utter rubbish that came after)
Another World (a remake with HD graphics would do just fine, thank you)
Flashback (rumours has it that a remake is already on its way)

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
SIlent hill. There were no silent hills since 2004 (Anything after the room weren't really silent hill).
War and peace. remember that? lucky you. it had its flaws (going around am mountain destroying the storage and all enemy army starves to death) but it was fun as hell game. would liek to see it made better (the troop control were kinda meh, but at least you could charge)
DUgeon keeeper as many others have said.

BUt what i want even more, is new good IPs.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Adam Jensen said:
Resident Evil because they messed it up so much I don't even have the energy for those games.

Final Fantasy because I never played any of them and having 15 or more games in the series is just ridiculous.
Except most of the FF games are standalone....so what would a reboot accomplish? Hell, is it even possible to reboot a series where most of the games are standalone?

Anyway, I would love to see a reboot to the X-wing/TIE fighter games, Rogue Squadron, and Wing Commander.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Xcell935 said:
Devil May Cry, cause they did, and they messed up. TRY AGAIN CAPCOM!
Why would they do that though? DmC was pretty good as it was. *poke* *prod* ^_^

Seriously though, considering how people reacted I'd be surprised if Capcom decided to ever touch the Devil May Cry franchise again.

omgeveryone9

Jan 25, 2013
I would like Burnout to have a reboot. Paradise sucked too much, and I missed Legends and Dominator (not the best game, but dem maniac mode).

Also, Rise of Nations. Big Huge Games is now gone (to another publisher that I don't know off the top of my head), so I doubt that it will happen, but the game was so good, and if the Nations were more specialized, then I think that the game would be perfect.

omgeveryone9

Jan 25, 2013
I would like Burnout to have a reboot. Paradise sucked too much, and I missed Legends and Dominator (not the best game, but dem maniac mode).

Also, Rise of Nations. Big Huge Games is now gone (to another publisher that I don't know off the top of my head), so I doubt that it will happen, but the game was so good, and if the Nations were more specialized, then I think that the game would be perfect.

sorry for double post

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Medievil. Hopefully Sir Dan's inclusion in 'Sony All Stars whatever it's called' means they haven't forgotten the franchise completely.

Xanex

Jun 18, 2012
I'm going to throw out the Wing Commander series.

O yeah Legacy of Kain.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Zantos said:
IllumInaTIma said:
Soxafloppin said:
Legacy of Kain..so, so much.
THIS! Although, do you think they would redesign characters in that case? Because I can not imagine redesigned Raziel.
I hope they don't go overboard but what I would like to see would be Kains gradual change from n a Pale skin traditional looking vampire to clawed, scaled, lizard vampire thing.

Edit: I broke the quote :( some how.