Recommend Me a Bad Anime

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
I'm not one to ask for recommendations, but I just realized something about myself: I watch too many good animes. I need some bad ones to even it out. I can be any sort of bad, from hilarious to boring to unwatchable to baffling to offensive to hentai, as long as it keeps me entertained or leave me venting furiously afterwards.

Mars of Destruction- I still encourage any anime fan to see this. It has to be seen to believe.

Tenkuu Danzato Skelter Heaven- From the brilliant geniuses who brought you Mars of Destruction

Sleeping with Hinako- 40 minutes of watching a girl sleep.

Eiken- Probably the worst anime I've seen so far. No. Redeeming. Qualities. Whatsoever.

Garzy's Wing- Has of of the funniest bad (non-hentai) dubs I've heard, and a nearly incomprehensible story.

Apocalypse Zero- Nearly unwatchable, if it weren't for it's moments of pure batshit insanity.

School Days- This one's a weird case. I feel it had potential to be fantastic, but was brought down by poor writing, low production value, and unnecessary comic relief.

Blood-C- It's... surprisingly awful.
Aku no Hana- Animation aside, I'm intrigued by it. Whether it ends up being crap or not I've yet to see.

Sword Art Online- No... just, no... you stop that.

Naruto/Bleach/Any long running shounen show- I don't have the time to invest in so much episodes.

K-ON!/Lucky Star/ Any "moe" anime- Love K-ON!, love Lucky Star, They're all just light hearted slice of life and in my opinion they do it fine. Whether they're your thing or not does not equal poor quality. Now, if it's a light hearted slice of life comedy that's done poorly, then I'll be the judge of it.
Rules:
- No long running or overly long shows, as stated above. I prefer shorter series, but you're free to throw in anything below 30 episodes.
- No popular or famous shows that you simply hate or find overrated. They have to be something notable for how bad it is or at least obscure enough. That way this thread won't turn into a huge bitchfest.
-Nothing simply generic or mediocre. It must be BAD.

If anyone mentions an anime I've already seen, I'll be sure to tell you and my thought on them. I wanna see what you guys come up with, and if you guys know what bad truly is.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Hell Target

It's a single episode sci-fi horror OVA, made in 1987. It's pretty awful.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
You should try Guilty Crown.

It's beautifully animated, with a god tier soundtrack, supported by a dream team of a production crew.

But goddammit, I can't bring myself to give the slightest shit about any of these fuckers.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
DarkRyter said:

It's beautifully animated, with a god tier soundtrack, supported by a dream team of a production crew.

But goddammit, I can't bring myself to give the slightest shit about any of these fuckers.
I've seen Guilty Crown, and honestly, I didn't think it was that bad. Wasn't great, or even good, but I found it enjoyable enough. Not sure why, as I do see the problems, but I didn't find it that bad, and honestly didn't get all the hate it got. I guess I can put that up with SAO in terms of anime I enjoy despite its problems.

Jan 1, 2013
A mediocre title that I find worthy of being watched: Jibaku-kun.

Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jibaku-kun

This show is usually considered bad for having an unlikable protagonist and also for looking strange. It's character designs have a distincitive look that a lot of people seem to dislike, especially for the spirits. Also many do not appreciate the comedic use of homoeroticism.
This show is not bad, but it will be a break from your A-list anime diet.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
DarkRyter said:

Nah, that's not bad, it's just horribly mediocre with not a single modicum of creativity behind it.

Shia-Neko-Chan

Apr 23, 2008
I know a lot of really bad ones, but this one always comes to mind.

Asobi ni Iku Yo. It goes the extra mile to suck.

It gives the premise of a realistic alien visitor who happens to be a cat girl. They set up an ambassador for their planet and an embassy. Infinite possibilities of what could happen and how fun it could be to watch.

The cat girl is reduced to a plot device with no personality after the first episode. No questions are ever answered about her. You end up not caring about her at all, because there's nothing to care about. In fact, they never flesh out any of the alien characters at all, despite them being the MAIN PREMISE OF THE SHOW. They get basically no screentime other than 1-2 minute one-off jokes. The entire alien premise is completely forgotten about.

The entire anime focuses only on two human female (one completely unlikeable) bodyguards and their daily tasks of protecting the ambassador (who again, has no screentime) and NONE of the things it showed in the first couple episodes. The aliens may as well have never been there.

Suddenly the writers come out of their season-long spell of amnesia and in the last 1-2 episodes the cram whatever they could come up with from all the wasted potential.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
Ultimate Teacher.
It's a one-shot OVA (Thank goodness there was only one....)
Not sure where you'd find it since it's from the days of VHS and I'm pretty sure no-one has been motivated to bring it to DVD....
Basic premise
A genetically engineered cockroach man escapes from a laboratory. For some reason he ends up taking jobs as a teacher to delinquent students and beating them in to submission. At the most recent school he has come to, he is opposed by the leader of the rebellious youths...a female punk who's strength comes from wearing gym shorts under her normal clothes rather than regular underwear (seriously...I couldn't make this up if I tried, and was tripping on acid....) As his confrontations with the girl continue to escalate, a scientist who has been pursuing him overtakes him in time for the climactic three-way battle.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Sukkite Il na Yo

It's crap but you're compelled by the Skrillex love interest

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
[Kira Must Die said:
You watch too many good ones? Do share! I am currently only watching Attack on Titan which isn't finished.

OT: If I remember correctly, RIN was a remarkably stupid anime. Think it's on Netflix. Basically it's about immortals and nudity. It had an interesting beginning and dealt with cool concepts, but the execution was terrible.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Baneat said:
Sukkite Il na Yo

I saw this. I thought it was meh. I was interested at first but it started losing momentum as it goes.

Fappy said:
[Kira Must Die said:
You watch too many good ones? Do share! I am currently only watching Attack on Titan which isn't finished.

OT: If I remember correctly, RIN was a remarkably stupid anime. Think it's on Netflix. Basically it's about immortals and nudity. It had an interesting beginning and dealt with cool concepts, but the execution was terrible.
Well, I watch too much anime I like, I should say. It depends on what you've already seen and what your taste is. I don't like just recommending anything without proper context.

As for RIN, I saw the first two episodes, and lost interest. From what I saw I agree with what you're saying.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
[Kira Must Die said:
]
Baneat said:
Sukkite Il na Yo

I saw this. I thought it was meh. I was interested at first but it started losing momentum as it goes.

Fappy said:
[Kira Must Die said:

Well, I watch too much anime I like, I should say. It depends on what you've already seen and what your taste is. I don't like just recommending anything without proper context.

As for RIN, I saw the first two episodes, and lost interest. From what I saw I agree with what you're saying.
I have a decently wide range of tastes and have seen quite a few animes, so I don't blame you for not throwing out random suggestions >.>

The stuff I like the most is generally: character-oriented, mature in it's writing/themes, no action scenes for the sake of action scenes, funny when appropriate but serious overall, has a sense of intrigue but doesn't have to be a mystery story and has a unique atmosphere/style. I realize that probably doesn't narrow it down all that much, but if it helps I've likely seen most of the well-known animes that fit that bill. If you can think of something rather obscure that'd be great :D

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Fappy said:
[Kira Must Die said:
]
Baneat said:
Sukkite Il na Yo

Fappy said:
[Kira Must Die said:

I have a decently wide range of tastes and have seen quite a few animes, so I don't blame you for not throwing out random suggestions >.>

The stuff I like the most is generally: character-oriented, mature in it's writing/themes, no action scenes for the sake of action scenes, funny when appropriate but serious overall, has a sense of intrigue but doesn't have to be a mystery story and has a unique atmosphere/style. I realize that probably doesn't narrow it down all that much, but if it helps I've likely seen most of the well-known animes that fit that bill. If you can think of something rather obscure that'd be great :D
You should watch Bakemonogatari if you haven't already.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Geno Cyber

It is a fucking putrid pile of nonsensical horridness. It's baffling that this was made by a team of human beings who never once during its production stopped to think about what the hell they were making. There's twisted hentai out there that is more profound and honourable then this. I only ever saw two OVA's, I don't know if there's any more. I fucking hope not.

I dare you to name a worse anime.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Boku no pico, Kuroshitsuji, any tsundere Rie anime, and generic harem (Ichiban Ushiro Daimaou, Hagare Yuusha, Highschool DxD) Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de, Zetman, Supernatural (and yes it's based on the western show). Possibly Legend of the Galactic heroes I found it so bad it's good.

If you want one where the ending makes you rage, Usagi Drop. I have never raged more at an ending than that. The anime only covers half of the manga. There's a timeskip and this is the actual ending.

If you didn't bother to watch the anime before clicking on this, that's his adopted daughter. He's fucking his daughter.

If you're looking for simple entertainment rather than bad I can list those too.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
TehCookie said:
Boku no pico, Kuroshitsuji, any tsundere Rie anime, and generic harem (Ichiban Ushiro Daimaou, Hagare Yuusha, Highschool DxD) Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de, Zetman, Supernatural (and yes it's based on the western show). Possibly Legend of the Galactic heroes I found it so bad it's good.

If you want one where the ending makes you rage, Usagi Drop. I have never raged more at an ending than that. The anime only covers half of the manga. There's a timeskip and this is the actual ending.

If you didn't bother to watch the anime before clicking on this, that's his adopted daughter. He's fucking his daughter.

If you're looking for simple entertainment rather than bad I can list those too.
It doesn't justify it at all, but she's actually his aunt, he just takes care of her.

SPARTANIname

Sep 10, 2009
I've seen a good few bad anime, but for the most part, I can't recall enough about them to give me more than a generic spread in a google search. Probably because I give an anime 2 episodes to convince me, and no more.

The two I do remember, though, are Gundam AGE and Seikon no Qwaser. AGE was a good deal too kiddified for my tastes, with a very stale storyline and character lineup. Qwaser, though, is fairly odd fanservice combined with people apparently getting magic/psychic powers from sucking random breasts and drinking certain breastmilk is better than others.

It's very weird.

Also, I honestly have no idea if Cat Shit One is good or not; I wasn't sure what to think about it once I was done.

Ima Lemming

Jan 16, 2009
Armitage III. An anime Blade Runner knockoff with everything that was good about Blade Runner replaced with robot softcore, and Harrison Ford replaced with the Captain N version of Simon Belmont. There's two versions of this - a four episode OVA, and a movie which is just the four episodes edited together (which I understand makes the story even more erratic).