Recommend Me a Bad Anime

wottabout

May 4, 2011
Urda. Watch Urda. It's about time-traveling Nazis. It's only like 30 minutes long. I never saw all of it.
I mean, it was independently made, but still. It's not good.
Here's the first episode. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny-y9DBs9GM]

Alluos

Nov 7, 2010
Queen's Blade

Either series, but I think the 2nd one is more hilarious in it's awfulness.
Most of the lulz come from the blatant pandering in the character design, but everything from the characters and their attire to the world they inhabit (seriously is this sci-fi, steampunk, fantasy, what the hell!?) is just handled in the complete wrong way.

The two series are pretty disjointed from eachother so you aren't missing much from jumping into the second one.
Maybe other people don't find it as terribad as I did, or even as funny.

Talaris

Sep 6, 2010
Everyone already seems to know about Master of Martial Hearts, though I actually liked the ending for going off the deep end, it certainly made the show more memorable.

My no. 1 worst of the roughly 100 different shows I've seen is Popotan. I've seen some fucked up anime, and this one is pretty tame, but never have I been more uncomfortable than I was throughout its short 12 episode length.

The premise in a nutshell: 4 girls travel through space and time in a big mansion because some dandelions tell one of them to (no joke), in order to fulfill some destiny. And it only gets worse from there, not surprising given that it's adapted from an adult VN. The fact that there is a lot of underage nudity for no reason at all, combined with an aesthetic that makes the show look like it's target demographic are 5 year olds themselves, I felt pretty embarrassed whilst watching it.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Maoyuu. It's a long, boring slog through a much less interesting version of Spice and Wolf.
That's all I can think of. All the other hilariously bad one's that I can think of have already been mentioned.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
mitchell271 said:
Maoyuu. It's a long, boring slog through a much less interesting version of Spice and Wolf.
That's all I can think of. All the other hilariously bad one's that I can think of have already been mentioned.
I've seen Maoyuu. I didn't think it was that bad to be honest. I'm not really a fan of Spice and Wolf, oddly enough, although I've only seen the first season.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Shia-Neko-Chan said:
I know a lot of really bad ones, but this one always comes to mind.

Asobi ni Iku Yo. It goes the extra mile to suck.

It gives the premise of a realistic alien visitor who happens to be a cat girl. They set up an ambassador for their planet and an embassy. Infinite possibilities of what could happen and how fun it could be to watch.

The cat girl is reduced to a plot device with no personality after the first episode. No questions are ever answered about her. You end up not caring about her at all, because there's nothing to care about. In fact, they never flesh out any of the alien characters at all, despite them being the MAIN PREMISE OF THE SHOW. They get basically no screentime other than 1-2 minute one-off jokes. The entire alien premise is completely forgotten about.

The entire anime focuses only on two human female (one completely unlikeable) bodyguards and their daily tasks of protecting the ambassador (who again, has no screentime) and NONE of the things it showed in the first couple episodes. The aliens may as well have never been there.

Suddenly the writers come out of their season-long spell of amnesia and in the last 1-2 episodes the cram whatever they could come up with from all the wasted potential.
lol yeah it was really stupid, but it was decent for me cuz of all the good pussy it had

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
setheius said:
Apocalypse Zero
mid 90's 2 episodes
I've already mentioned I saw this. The first time I saw it I couldn't even make it through the first episode. I've only recently finished sitting through the whole thing, and there are some parts that admittedly was so... offensive and tasteless that I couldn't help but sit there flabbergasted as to what I was watching. In terms of tastelessness it's basically like a '90s Panty and Stocking but with all the fun cut out.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
"Colorful" ( http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=221 ) but it's in category "is SO bad it's good." well at least for me.

Ironbat92

Nov 19, 2009
One I'd recommend is that anime that Marvel and Madhouse made about Wolverine. It's so bad I barely got through the first episode when it aired on T.V. The Dialog is horrible, the characters are so different from their comic book counter parts that they might as well called it something different, and You can play a really good Drinking game out of it. Drink every time "Wolverine" scream Morkio in an episde. You'll be drunk faster than you ever been.

Hoki

Jun 15, 2009
Highschool of the Dead is a guilty pleasure for me. Oh, the animation's fine, the acting's done well enough, but...
Well...
Boobs. Boobs everywhere. Boobs and guns and zombies.

It's ridiculously silly, even during action scenes - when it's trying to come off as a serious action series.

If you haven't watched it yet, do so. It may not be the worst thing out there, but it's certainly not the best.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
Stratos 4 ... just... non-sensical plot, uneccessary panty shots and each episode left me facepalming more than the previous, theme tune was ok I guess in a generic j-pop way

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Kampfer for it's really odd hate of lesbians and the fact that the ending blue balls you so hard they'll fall off. Also it pulls a bait and switch going from a battel show to a ecchi harem show.

Houkago no Pleiades is what you get hen you let a car company sponsor your terrible magic girl show.

Un-go a show that thinks it's really smart but isn't. Also I know this is weird compliant but the show just has no soul. The voice cast phones it in,no one is interesting and it feels lifeless.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
High School of the Dead.

Tits, zombies and gore; fanservice neatly packaged in a convenient bite-sized series for the pubescent, male audience.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
UncleUlty said:
Kampfer for it's really odd hate of lesbians and the fact that the ending blue balls you so hard they'll fall off. Also it pulls a bait and switch going from a battel show to a ecchi harem show.

Houkago no Pleiades is what you get hen you let a car company sponsor your terrible magic girl show.

Un-go a show that thinks it's really smart but isn't. Also I know this is weird compliant but the show just has no soul. The voice cast phones it in,no one is interesting and it feels lifeless.
I've already said I've seen Kampfer. It sucked. It sounds cool, like a cross between Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2, and Team Fortress 2, but it rarely ever brings up the plot, and instead focuses on lame, awkward ecchi situations. Also, the main character's a moron.

Houkago no Pleiades isn't terrible, just... kinda nothing, really. It doesn't leave much of an impression, really.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The Qwaser of Stigmata aka Seikon no Qwaser.
It kind of like a shonen like show as in the show is based around periodic table of the elements and also religon. The character has the power to manipulate an element like the main character is an iron user and someone else used bronze.

Oh did I forgot to mention that those chracter recived powerups via breastmilk? Also no they could carry milk bottle on them so imagine the characters still need to breastmilk the babies way and the even more creepy part is not only the adult women are the ones that they suck on but also some teen girls aswell!!!

Yup the show is extremely echhi to say the least althought the show is available as censor (any "sucking" and echii scenes are replace with pan short or are offscreen) and the uncut version.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
SPARTANIname said:
Also, I honestly have no idea if Cat Shit One is good or not; I wasn't sure what to think about it once I was done.
CatShitOne is awesomeness in a short 20+ minute dosage. I highly recommend it.

More on topic of bad anime though, I have liked pretty much all anime I have seen to some degree. The one that I've never been able to get back to after watching the first part was Le Portrait de Petite Cossette (I believe that's the correct spelling). It's only like three episodes, but after watching the first part, my wife and I were so confused about what the hell was going on (and not in a good, we want to know more way), that we put it back on the shelf and haven't gone back.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
COMaestro said:
More on topic of bad anime though, I have liked pretty much all anime I have seen to some degree. The one that I've never been able to get back to after watching the first part was Le Portrait de Petite Cossette (I believe that's the correct spelling). It's only like three episodes, but after watching the first part, my wife and I were so confused about what the hell was going on (and not in a good, we want to know more way), that we put it back on the shelf and haven't gone back.
I've seen Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, and I actually liked it.