Recommend Me a Bad Anime

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
hangover1234 said:
Why not Gantz? The degree of violence and fan service is gratuitous, to say the least.
The main star of the show is so unlikable, you will wonder if he is a parody of the useless protagonists from other genres.
Hell, it uses game logic as its central conflict.
I never made it through the hole thing in one sitting, but I saw no improvements in the later episodes I jumped to.
I have yet to see the anime, and from what I've heard it's pretty awful.
But the Gantz manga is amazing. It starts out in that same incredibly stupid way, but it develops into something actually pretty interesting, while maintaining the stupid gore and nudity. If you've got nothing better to do, I recommend giving it a read.

OT: I tried watching STRAIN a couple months back, and I kinda hated it. There's one character in particular in the first episode who's the most obvious "He's gonna die tragically before the pilot is over" guy I've ever seen. There's a lot of cool ideas, but I never managed to make it past the sixth episode or so.
Also, there's a creepy loli doll who is the main character's only friend.

A lot of the stuff on Netflix Instant is pretty terrible. There used to be a fairly high concentration of good shows, but those days are gone now.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
There is no greater abortion than Aku no Hana. Go give that a watch, OP. It can totally be summed up in a single sentence.

I've never seen such a perfect rape.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
A few of the shows mentioned on here I never really saw as bad, I enjoyed them, including Guilty Crown - I saw it more as Code Geass but not with Lelouch as the main focus.
About the only one that I can say that I've seen and couldn't get through the first episode was Green Green - I think it was the voices that really put me off.
Another one I couldn't even bother to start was Panty and Stocking - looked like Powerpuff Girls but more from a comic book than a coloring book.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Have you seen Space Thunder Kids?
You can watch it here

http://archive.org/details/SpaceThunderKids

It's not even really anime, but whatever. It's fucking bad and I want others to suffer.

Regless

Jul 28, 2012
Gundam Seed. I heard Destiny is even worse but honestly I barely stomached the main season.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
::Cracks knuckles::

*Any movie or OAV based on a CLAMP anime. They're all parallel universe. X199 & Rayearth for example.
*Anything "Love Hina."
*Blood: The Last Vampire. Boooooring.
*Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan season 2. Take everything that made season 1 good & throw it out the window.
*Bounty Dog.
*Ceil in Wonderland. Totally different target audience than Black Butler Season 2.
*Colorful. It's so bad it's hilarious & I love it.
*Crying Freeman.
*Diatron 5. & it's hilarious too.
*Dracula: Sovereign of the Damned.
*Eikan.
*Fatal Fury: the Motion Picture.
*Final Fantasy Unlimited. One of those shows where the last episode ruins the entire series for you.
*Furi-Kuri. Someone explain to me why the f**k this series is popular.
*Galaxy Frauline Yuna. I literally (not figuratively) threw up after watching it.
*Garzy's Wing.
*Genocyber.
*Ghost Stories.
*Green Legend Ran. I don't know if it was bad, but after watching it, I wasn't sure WTF I just watched.
*Junk Boy.
*Juubei-Chan 2. I like to pretend this belated sequel doesn't exist.
*Kite.
*Mad Bull 34. Yet I can't bring myself to hate it.
*Moldiver. So hard not to mock the dub.
*Naruto: The Abridged Series. LittleKuriboh abandoned it & still makes fun of it.
*Neon Genesis Evangeleon: Death & Rebirth.
*Ninja Scroll (Not to be confused with Ninja Resurrection, which is awesome).
*Nurse Witch Komugi. Entertaining but still bad.
*Odin.
*Patlabor. It's sooooo boring.
*Princess Princess (not to be confused with Sister Princess).
*Psychic Wars.
*Psychodiver.
*Puni-Puni Poemi.
*Shamanic Princess. Seriously, f**k this series.
*Shaman King 4kids dub.
*Space Thunder Kids. Hilariously bad.
*Sword for Truth.
*Tekken: Blood Vengeance.
*Tekken: The Motion Picture.
*The End of Evangeleon.
*The Humanoid.
*The Ultimate Teacher.
*Urotsukidoji.
*Vampire Wars.
*Voltage Fighter Cowgaizer.
*Wicked City.
*Wings of Honneamise.
*Yugioh 4kids dub. The Abridged series is awesome.
*Yugioh Zexal: The Abridged Series. It's bad-funny & the voice acting isn't that bad.

For an entirely different kind of horrible, try Barefoot Gen & Grave of the Fireflies. Bring kleen-x.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Bastard... gods was that show terrible.

I'm still grateful to this day I didn't have to sit through that thing alone, and was just riffing on it with my cousin.

I don't remember much from it since this was pretty much over a decade ago, but it left a very bad and lasting impression.

Mrkillhappy

Sep 18, 2012
The worst I've ever seen is Master of Martial Hearts so if you are looking for complete crap I would recommend that. Seriously I watched the series all in one night then spent the rest of the evening drinking questioning what went wrong in my life that I would consider watching that piece of fan service piece of crap like that as none of the characters are like able (at least to me).

ninjapenguin1414

Jun 16, 2011
I'm just curious but are you asking for these to watch them in a "so bad it's good" deal or just plain bad? I don't know about other people but if a show doesn't interest me or I just know it's terrible than I won't (and can't) get through it. I have no problem dropping shows if I don't like them though.

GoAwayVifs

Aug 5, 2011
likalaruku said:
*Dracula: Sovereign of the Damned.
No, this anime is the greatest thing ever because it features Dracula eating a hamburger

As for actually bad anime, Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de. This has been mentioned before but it is so awful it is painful to watch even while drunk. The main character is Sonic (the game, not the character), and the plot is about the Sega/Nintendo console wars, but set vague fantasy land. You may think that the plot makes it sound so retarded it'd be hilarious, but no it's just fucking terrible. Don't watch it.

e: forgot to mention that the anime is actually an adaption of some guy's fan fiction.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I've seen lots of bad anime... horrible, insulting piles of complete fucking shit... Genocyber, MD Geist... but nothing compares to the true horror that is, El Cazador De La Bruja... truly the most agonizing 20 some odd episodes I've ever sat through... there isn;t a single piece of medium anymore torturous... and it's not because of anything offensive, or anything incompetently done... but it's the worst kind of bad anime, in that it's completely and utterly forgettable on every level... completely devoid of any personality or passion, and only serves to waste your god damned time... It doesn;t even have the good grace to be interestingly bad, like Genocyber, you know at least a bad that you'll never forget...<.<

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
[Kira Must Die said:
]

Defeated Detective said:
Ergo Proxy

The whole plot looks like it's written by a first year college student who took Psychology for the first time, Raison d'Etre kept being spammed in almost every episode until the very term pretty much lost its meaning in the whole anime.
I've seen some of this, so far it seems alright, although I've seen animes I started out liking and by the end hating it. *cough*Penguindrum*cough*
Yeah the thing about Ergo Proxy, is that the early episodes have a really amazing set up to, well, pretty much everything, the setting, the characters, the story, but by the mid way point in, it just loses it all. The story devolves into an incoherent underdeveloped mess, to the point where there's this really insulting episode where they just have the characters exposit all the back story we should've learn up until that point into the camera, and does little to expand the world or the story much further than that... Then the show just turns into the characters, who by this point have just devolved into these hollow suits that are only present to spew pretentious philosophical terms, going from place to place, where the show either shits on your hopes of it ever getting it's head out of it's ass, or actually has a really interesting one off episode that does a good job developing the characters and their relationships, it's really a 50-50 crapshoot... Though, the ending was really good and I still like it a lot for at least the first 10 episodes or so, and just how atmospheric and stylish the actual show is, with a nice post apocalyptic setting that, at the very least, is interesting, with lots of things to show you, if not fully realized... and honestly the show works extremely well, if you watch it as a parody of overly pretentious anime, that shoe horn in well known, philosophical, religious, or psychological, themes for the sake of visual aesthetic, or pretending to know more than it actually does... Evangelion...<.<

Ironbat92

Nov 19, 2009
Dirty Hipsters said:
ShadowRatchet92 said:
One I'd recommend is that anime that Marvel and Madhouse made about Wolverine. It's so bad I barely got through the first episode when it aired on T.V. The Dialog is horrible, the characters are so different from their comic book counter parts that they might as well called it something different, and You can play a really good Drinking game out of it. Drink every time "Wolverine" scream Morkio in an episde. You'll be drunk faster than you ever been.
Oh god. I thought that all the Marvel anime were absolutely terrible. The only one I actually managed to finish was Iron Man, and that was mediocre at best. Blade and Wolverine were definitely the worst of the two, and I only managed to get through 3 episodes of each. So yeah, the Wolverine anime gets my vote as well, that shit is garbage.
You thought the Iron Man Anime was bad? It's the best anime ever compared to the anime movie Marvel released.

Shia-Neko-Chan

Apr 23, 2008
RipVanTinkle said:
Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls

Now a friend told me to watch this anime, so I went in blind, not knowing what the hell to expect. Except for "Samurai" and "Girls" and a possible link between those two aspects.

The first two episodes deceived me into thinking this was an anime with an absolutely gorgeous art-style, maybe a little sexual innuendo, fantastic snippets of fluid action animation.

WHAM!

It was a goddamn ecchi harem anime!

The plot is a terrible mess, the music and dubbing will make you want to grate your ears off. There was no character development, overall it felt pointless.

But it's just so laughably bad that it makes the likes of the terribly mediocre Guilty Crown look a masterpiece.

Oh gosh, OP. If you want to split your sides watching this crap and giving your favourite anime's a better outlook in comparison, try this one. :D
Coming from someone who doesn't think ecchi automatically = bad, actually the ecchi in this was pretty scarce. I don't even know why they called it ecchi if they weren't going to put very much in it. :p

On top of them barely including the ecchi that was promised, the comedy fell flat and the story wasn't very good.

In the end, it was an "ecchi" anime with very little ecchi and nothing to fall back on. Pretty disappointing.

The sequel, Samurai Bride does improve on everything, though. It has a pretty good amount of ecchi and the comedy is actually pretty good. I actually laughed. ^_^

I'm 2-3 episodes in and I'm not so convinced on the story, but I guess it's supposed to be lighthearted.

I really do wish ecchi would stop defaulting to harem with a useless male main character, though. Although I haven't seen it in the sequel, I hope they don't go back to the first season's idea of having the main character chain to the ground while the girls fight. :/